Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

HUGE! These are just ridiculous numbers.

Although don’t see how this gets to £36m unless Friday and Saturday bumps are very big. 

Wed 7.7

Thu 4.7

Fri 5.5-6

Sat 7-7.5

Sun 6-6.5

Total opening £30.9m-32.4m (c$41-43m)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

Having a look at some cinemas and it’s looking basically as busy as OD. The 1:55pm show at Vue Stratford which just started is sold out, and every show after that until about 10pm is virtually sold out! That’s about 28 shows between now and then sold out or very close to, and for sure the post 10pm shows will all sell out too. Same story at Vue Westfield. 

• Astonished 2

12 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Night should be relatively stronger than OD though, right? Good ole WOM doing its thing :sarah:

OD night was basically sold out everywhere, so I’m not sure how much room there is to grow from that. Perhaps in other places outside big cities Friday night could be busier than OD. In place like London though I don’t think there will be much of a difference. 

Saturday day time will probably top OD overall, although from places I checked, Wednesday was essentially acting as if it was a Saturday will sell outs even in the morning/early afternoon when school was in and people were working. 

Edited by Heretic

I'll be adding £15 to Sundays numbers. Back from traveling today so Sunday will be the earliest I can see it after two days in isolation. A couple of friends who saw it yesterday want to join. 

As for these numbers... I'm wondering how big it can go now - assuming something like a £33m 5 day, I can't see it missing £75m with the reception it's getting. Should crack top 10 all time (and double it's predecessor) 😱

Should have very strong weekdays aswell from Monday with schools off. Next weekend will probably drop 70%+ from the FSS, as cinemas close early on Friday and are closed on Christmas Day. I imagine it’ll be close to £50m by the end of Boxing Day. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Having a look at some cinemas and it’s looking basically as busy as OD. The 1:55pm show at Vue Stratford which just started is sold out, and every show after that until about 10pm is virtually sold out! That’s about 28 shows between now and then sold out or very close to, and for sure the post 10pm shows will all sell out too. Same story at Vue Westfield. 

yeah, I’m getting the feeling people are rushing out to see it now whilst they know they can before potential restrictions. The situation is unbelievably benefiting it. 

great wom plus fear of not being able to see it = nothing is stopping people seeing this movie. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

yeah, I’m getting the feeling people are rushing out to see it now whilst they know they can before potential restrictions. The situation is unbelievably benefiting it. 

great wom plus fear of not being able to see it = nothing is stopping people seeing this movie. Lol

Got to admit, I’m hoping that the reporting of Covid numbers typically slowing down on the weekend means I get to see it on Sunday before Boris pulls more restrictions out of his arse in a blind panic. I’m fully expecting us to follow Wales with some further measures being announced after Boxing Day, doubt there will be closures, but I reckon social distancing measures in cinemas will return.