Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

8 hours ago, LPLC said:

I just want £30M OW, please NWH give me that.

OW or 5 day? For 5 day it’s a done deal. Impossible for OW. 

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Ireland have announced closure of cinemas, theatres, hospitality venues etc by 8pm from Sunday. Impact will probably be negligible though

That really sucks. Especially for people that don’t finish work til 5pm and have to have dinner before they head to the cinema. 

I also don’t see what impact time of day has on covid cases, ridiculous. I hope they don’t introduce that here in Scotland, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

22 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

OW or 5 day? For 5 day it’s a done deal. Impossible for OW. 

That really sucks. Especially for people that don’t finish work til 5pm and have to have dinner before they head to the cinema. 

I also don’t see what impact time of day has on covid cases, ridiculous. I hope they don’t introduce that here in Scotland, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

5 days 

24 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

They keep trying this curfew thing and it seems to have no scientific reasoning to it at all. Does Covid only attack after dark? I can understand reintroducing social distancing measures by leaving a seat or two gap between bookings, but a time curfew does absolutely nothing, infact it’ll likely have the opposite effect by cramming people into earlier showings because they have less options. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I really don't get why close everything in the Night, the virus spread mostly during daytime.

Instead of this bullshit they should just demand masks the whole time or require vaccination / negative test to enter the theater.

this

• Like 1

What is not important to governments: stopping covid 

What is important to governments: perception of trying to stop covid  

The whole restriction and other NPI situation (and the PI situation for that matter) has become rather perverse and anti-science.

Just now, Krissykins said:

I really really hope not, I’ll be devastated. 

But the news is everywhere this morning. 

Thats not suprising though, we will see ,i think that there will be more restrictions for sure but i bet that the lockdown will be last last result ( and its not even a real lockdown).As article said johnson was presented with a variety of options.

17 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Thats not suprising though, we will see ,i think that there will be more restrictions for sure but i bet that the lockdown will be last last result ( and its not even a real lockdown).As article said johnson was presented with a variety of options.

They might not be calling it a lockdown, but under those plans the only things open would be retail shops and schools. 

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

They might not be calling it a lockdown, but under those plans the only things open would be retail shops and schools. 

True we will see , hopefully not , even restaurants will be open just outdoors but again we are guessing at this point,for now lets enjoy the weekend.

Edited by john2000

What is the point of 2 weeks lockdown? Most people already fully vaccinated. Most of people who died or in serious condition are the ones didn't fully vacinnated yet.

Lockdown to protect people who have not vaccinated/don't want to vacine? 

If number of new cases rises but the deaths still the same level, then it's not dangerous. Vaccine is doing its work.