Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Rules from Boxing Day onwards have been announced in Wales tonight, and it looks like it’s just sport crowds that have been given the complete ban. 
I can’t see any mention of anything affecting indoor entertainment, which in Wales has had covid pass to get in rules for months anyway. 

so…fingers crossed this is how it’ll go for the rest of our brothers and sisters in the other nations of the U.K.  At least as far as indoor entertainment. 
What they’ve just done to outdoor sport - words fail me. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

hopefully the rest follow the same policy.

Yeh it’s not too bad actually. 1 metre social distancing between households in cinemas and a maximum of people from 3 different households together. 

This is in place from the 26th for at least 3 weeks. 

I’m happy with that, if it means they can stay open. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh it’s not too bad actually. 1 metre social distancing between households in cinemas and a maximum of people from 3 different households together. 

This is in place from the 26th for at least 3 weeks. 

I’m happy with that, if it means they can stay open. 

Fingers crossed England follows suit, although I’m fully preparing for Johnson to shut it all down because London is such a shitshow…

36 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Fingers crossed England follows suit, although I’m fully preparing for Johnson to shut it all down because London is such a shitshow…

I don’t think he will. He can’t really, without giving the backing, support and money to Wales, Ireland and Scotland. 

No restrictions in England for now. Government will look into the situation after Christmas 

• Thanks 1

Omicron is really ripping through the UK, I know more people with it now than at any other point during the last 2 years. I was going to see Matrix tomorrow with a group of friends, but they’ve all cancelled because they’ve either tested positive with Covid in the last 24 hours or practically everyone else they know has tested positive for it and it’s made them nervous about sitting in a crowded cinema...Guess I’m going by myself (and sitting as far away as possible from any other people)!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Omicron is really ripping through the UK, I know more people with it now than at any other point during the last 2 years. I was going to see Matrix tomorrow with a group of friends, but they’ve all cancelled because they’ve either tested positive with Covid in the last 24 hours or practically everyone else they know has tested positive for it and it’s made them nervous about sitting in a crowded cinema...Guess I’m going by myself (and sitting as far away as possible from any other people)!

have fun, i will see matrix next week hopefully its good.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Same here, virtually everyone I know in London seems to have it. I was at a birthday party for a friend's 30th on Saturday - we all lateral flowed every day so we could show up for him. Most of the people who were there are now testing positive. Miraculously, I'm not positive yet. Hoping it stays that way as I was hoping to see Matrix this afternoon!

5 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

spider-man down just under 10% on tuesday compared to monday.

burning off demand, or people worried about covid?

I’m not going to the cinema at all this week because I want to make sure I can have Christmas Day at my families house. We’re all doing lateral flows every day and basically going nowhere before then. 

I probably won’t go back until Scream tbh. The release schedule is quiet and I’ve already seen the current films I wanted to see. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m not going to the cinema at all this week because I want to make sure I can have Christmas Day at my families house. We’re all doing lateral flows every day and basically going nowhere before then. 

I probably won’t go back until Scream tbh. The release schedule is quiet and I’ve already seen the current films I wanted to see. 

I get that. 

I’m off to see Matrix Resurrections in an hour. I did move it to a quieter show as was going IMAX this afternoon, but changed it. I can’t miss this movie today, but totally get the notion of gambling with Christmas Day. 

I’m putting on my full hazmat garb as we speak. 

In the words of the great Morpheus….”Here we go!”

• Like 3