Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Fantastic, especially with The Matrix taking some IMAX shows too. So something like:

Mon 4.2

Tue 3.8

Wed 3.4

Thu 3

Fri 2

Sun 2.5

£50.8m (c.$68m) 

Assuming no more restrictions in cinemas, should be past £60m and closing in on £65m mark by 4th Jan when most people go back to work/school. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Fantastic, especially with The Matrix taking some IMAX shows too. So something like:

Mon 4.2

Tue 3.8

Wed 3.4

Thu 3

Fri 2

Sun 2.5

£50.8m (c.$68m) 

Assuming no more restrictions in cinemas, should be past £60m and closing in on £65m mark by 4th Jan when most people go back to work/school. 

Assuming no more restrictions in cinemas, whats your final total predict ?

29 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

i know wales is only a small part of the UK box office but apparently the covid passes there are having a big effect on their numbers, and the social distancing they're bringing back (as well as scotland) next week will also hurt it

Just put sheep on the empty seats and class them as a ticket sold

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

i know wales is only a small part of the UK box office but apparently the covid passes there are having a big effect on their numbers, and the social distancing they're bringing back (as well as scotland) next week will also hurt it

Yeh just had a look on Cineworld and screens are back to 50% capacity and no extra showtimes added either. 

That’ll be more to do with Kings Man and Matrix getting 10 showings each. Spidey down to 14.

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

we’ve had covid passes for weeks and Spidey has been rammed here in Cardiff everyday since it’s opened. 

the social distancing won’t effect things too much. The film is playing often enough in many screens for people to be able to get in, even with seats being limited. 

if it had been a week and a half ago we might have had a problem, but with inevitable burn off yet tons of screen share it’ll be just fine. 

5 hours ago, wildphantom said:

we’ve had covid passes for weeks and Spidey has been rammed here in Cardiff everyday since it’s opened. 

the social distancing won’t effect things too much. The film is playing often enough in many screens for people to be able to get in, even with seats being limited. 

if it had been a week and a half ago we might have had a problem, but with inevitable burn off yet tons of screen share it’ll be just fine. 

Also, the cinemas had these rules when they reopened last May and box office didn't really suffer although it did help there was plenty of product.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Also, the cinemas had these rules when they reopened last May and box office didn't really suffer although it did help there was plenty of product.

Yep. 

Peter Rabbit made £20m with these rules.

A Quiet Place 2 and Conjuring made £9m and £11m with these rules. Black Widow £19m (despite being on Disney+). Different genres have shown that they can work with them. 

They actually might make people feel more confident to go just now. 

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Yep. 

Peter Rabbit made £20m with these rules.

A Quiet Place 2 and Conjuring made £9m and £11m with these rules. Black Widow £19m (despite being on Disney+). Different genres have shown that they can work with them. 

They actually might make people feel more confident to go just now. 

It’d definitely make me feel better about going. I saw Matrix yesterday but unless there’s some social distancing guaranteed in screens, I think that’ll be the last time I go for a while. 

I’m just hoping case numbers start to drop before Scream.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Heretic said:

Mon 4.2

Tue 3.8

Wed 3.4

Thu 3

Fri 2

Sun 2.5

£50.8m (c.$68m) 

I would imagine Sunday be round 4M+ range.

54 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I would imagine Sunday be round 4M+ range.

I’d be surprised at such a big jump. Boxing Day will be bigger than Christmas Eve for sure, but it’s not comparable to Christmas Day in the US where people flock to the cinema, Boxing Day is still generally a family day or shopping day (if you’re into the sales). Weekdays next week should be strong though, assuming we don’t get any further restrictions.

43 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I’d be surprised at such a big jump. Boxing Day will be bigger than Christmas Eve for sure, but it’s not comparable to Christmas Day in the US where people flock to the cinema, Boxing Day is still generally a family day or shopping day (if you’re into the sales). Weekdays next week should be strong though, assuming we don’t get any further restrictions.

I think boxing day is biggest day in AUS, need to recheck. So assumed that UK may be so. I guess not then.

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Went back in Thread. Yep. Boxing day is weak.

SW: TFA

21 - 5.8

22 - 5.9

23 - 5.7

24 - 4.3

25 - 0.2

26 - 3.9 (Sat)

27 - 6

28 - 6.3

29 - 5.5

30 - 5.4

31 - 3.9

1 - 3.1 (Fri)

2 & 3 - 7

Rest 26M (2.5X weekend)

Based of this, SM: NWH be

20 - 4

21 - 3.6

22 - 3.3 // 42.8 till now

23 - 2.9 // 45.7 1st extended week

24 - 1.8

25 - 0

26 - 1.7 // 3.5 2nd wknd - 49.2

27 - 2.5

28 - 2.6

29 - 2.2

30 - 2.1 // 12.9 2nd week - 58.6

31 - 1.5

1 - 1.2

2 - 1.5 // 4.2 3rd wknd - 62.8

Rest say 2-2.1x 3rd wknd for 71-72M. Ofc if CoVID guideline come for post XMAS, whenever it release wont nearly do anything close.