Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

38 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

spider-man down just under 10% on tuesday compared to monday.

burning off demand, or people worried about covid?

What’s the usual daily pattern for mega openers? -10% tues would be normal/good in a lot of the markets I hang around more.

34 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I get that. 

I’m off to see Matrix Resurrections in an hour. I did move it to a quieter show as was going IMAX this afternoon, but changed it. I can’t miss this movie today, but totally get the notion of gambling with Christmas Day. 

I’m putting on my full hazmat garb as we speak. 

In the words of the great Morpheus….”Here we go!”

Have a great time! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I’m not going to the cinema at all this week because I want to make sure I can have Christmas Day at my families house. We’re all doing lateral flows every day and basically going nowhere before then. 

I probably won’t go back until Scream tbh. The release schedule is quiet and I’ve already seen the current films I wanted to see. 

Literally same. 

I have a dinner with friends tonight in Covent Garden and I am seriously worried about catching covid before Christmas. Literally everyone has it right now and I feel like if I even step onto the tube that’s it.

Edited by Heretic

Coming off a £4.2m Monday (which surely must be near a record for a non-opener), a 10% drop on Tuesday is fantastic. 

What are people expecting for Matrix today? It looks decently busy, especially in IMAX, but not sure it does much more than £1m

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Literally same. 

I have a dinner with friends tonight in Covent Garden and I am seriously worried about catching covid before Christmas. Literally everyone has it right now and I feel like if I even step onto the tube that’s it.

That’s awful. I’m supposed to be flying to London on the 27th for 3 nights and I think we might not bother. 

28 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Coming off a £4.2m Monday (which surely must be near a record for a non-opener), a 10% drop on Tuesday is fantastic. 

What are people expecting for Matrix today? It looks decently busy, especially in IMAX, but not sure it does much more than £1m

No sell outs at my local but the evening shows are busy. 

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Have a great time! 

…..Matrix was not what I was expecting. In a good way. 

It’s as dense as the sequels, and I lapped it up. Will note the production values are below the standards of the other movies, but I couldn’t care less. Mind was fully engaged throughout and I expect this to split audiences right down the middle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

I’m so confused with these new rules in Wales announced from Boxing Day. 

so we can pack cinemas, but only with up to six people in our party? Is that right?

so it seems we’ve got two metre social distancing coming in for cinemas. up to six people per party. 

FFS

Untenable for live theatre. I’m getting cancellation emails from theatre things I’m subbed to. Pantomimes, big shows in Wales - all were sold out for weeks. Now cancelled as they can’t operate now with these new measures.

Kids xmases ruined. All for the unvaccinated. It’s INSANE

• Sad 1

I do wonder if the various Governments in the British isles have looked at a lockdown for the unvaccinated like in Austria and Germany.  Would be very hard to get approval for England or Northern Ireland but I could see Scotland or Wales considering it in the coming months. 

40 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do wonder if the various Governments in the British isles have looked at a lockdown for the unvaccinated like in Austria and Germany.  Would be very hard to get approval for England or Northern Ireland but I could see Scotland or Wales considering it in the coming months. 

As much as I’d like to see it happen, It’d be political suicide for the tories if they did that. 

9 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

As much as I’d like to see it happen, It’d be political suicide for the tories if they did that. 

I agree it's unlikely to happen in England or Northern Ireland but given Scotland and Wales were the first to introduce vaccine passes in the UK, it wouldn't be out of the question to have an unvaccinated lockdown in those countries. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

TBF I don't think it was ever going to do Spider-Man numbers but I think it'll do well with audiences who want an alternative. 

Obviously it wouldn't have the crazy demand that spidey does, but a fan driven series like this should be selling out opening night at the big cinemas like this. 

Good movie though

Scotland conducted their own report that showed Omicron is two thirds less likely to require hospital admission. And boosted people are less like to actually ever get symptoms from it. Our first minister shared the report with optimism. 

Apparently, Downing Street are loving the report and are not making any further announcements about potential restrictions until next week at the earliest. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Scotland conducted their own report that showed Omicron is two thirds less likely to require hospital admission. And boosted people are less like to actually ever get symptoms from it. Our first minister shared the report with optimism. 

Apparently, Downing Street are loving the report and are not making any further announcements about potential restrictions until next week at the earliest. 

Was this a recent report?