Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

32 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Christmas day ah? That's very considerate of govt. Well there are 7 days till that. Time to break some daily records :P

Anyways, on serious note. So this didn't even get to be boosted by Post XMAS and New Year despite being December release. Marvel is unlucky. I wanted just one big MCU film to see the potential on best release date, and couldn't even do that.

May be SAT and SUN get somewhat boosted by news. Say we get 7.5+ both days for 32.8M and an average of 3.5M for next 4.5 days 49M closing till it reopen.

Cinemas are already always closed here on Christmas Day. So the 24th could be the last day of play (hopefully not!

19 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Is cinema operate at 100% capacity now?? Maybe they can try 50%-66% first. 

3 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Yes, and require mask and only allow vaccinated people to go to the cinema are much better option. 

Exactly. It’s ridiculous that they’re considering going straight to closed. They still have to try vaccine passports, bringing back social gaps in seating, reduced capacity etc. So unfair. 

12 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Lol, the last time we had a 2 week lockdown it turned into 6 months 

It’s not spring 2020 redux. The virus is different, population access to free and easy immunity is different, and population psychology is different. I know I’m not a UK resident but — does the reaction you’re seeing to the news of this possibility suggests that it would be politically feasible to drag this for more than 14 days once it becomes clear that hospitalization is getting delinked from cases?

Edited by Weird Alegion

6 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

The number of death now is even lower than one month ago despite the rise in number of new cases. That's the most important thing people should look at.

New variant emerged only a month ago. Came to Europe even later. Started mass spreading probably only 2 weeks ago. Of course it is pointless to talk about new deaths in such situation. They will be lagging at least for several weeks. 

great to see they're giving people 3 days off and then impose a semi lockdown. Why not doing it 2 weeks ago..I guess the gov didn't want to give more stimulus checks & support. Whoever can afford it will fly out of UK for the holidays, bye peasants.

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

great to see they're giving people 3 days off and then impose a semi lockdown. Why not doing it 2 weeks ago..I guess the gov didn't want to give more stimulus checks & support. Whoever can afford it will fly out of UK for the holidays, bye peasants.

I’m supposed to be on the 27th. But word is they won’t announce the restrictions until that day. So I’m screwed. 

28 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

It’s not spring 2020 redux. The virus is different, population access to free and easy immunity is different, and population psychology is different. I know I’m not a UK resident but — does the reaction you’re seeing to the news of this possibility suggests that it would be politically feasible to drag this for more than 14 days once it becomes clear that hospitalization is getting delinked from cases?

I just don’t trust this government anymore to believe anything they say. If you were in the UK you would understand, but confidence in the government is at an all time low are the constant lies, sleaze and rule breaking. The reaction to Omicron is as if the world is ending but actually so far the evidence suggests this is a milder variant, so the reaction is not proportionate. We will see how hospitalisations react, but the news right now is focused on the worst case scenario as modelled by ‘SAGE’.

• Like 2

Just now, Heretic said:

I just don’t trust this government anymore to believe anything they say. If you were in the UK you would understand, but confidence in the government is at an all time low are the constant lies, sleaze and rule breaking. The reaction to Omicron is as if the world is ending but actually so far the evidence suggests this is a milder variant, so the reaction is not proportionate. We will see how hospitalisations react, but the news right now is focused on the worst case scenario as modelled by ‘SAGE’.

Just look at the SA data, Omicron is spreading but it's not as dangerous. When that fucker mutates then we're in the shit but that's not the case right now. 

You guys are reinforcing my point. I'm not saying it will only be two weeks because you can trust govt to keep their word -- I'm saying it'll only be two weeks because vaccinated people are fed up with restrictions, unvaccinated people are fed up with restrictions, and you can't get away with more than two weeks. There comes a point when democracies have to be responsive to the public for reasons of power rather than good intentions.

• Like 2

I am absolutely raging mad at the potential of this. It’s an absolute joke. 
Vaccine passports and masks we can accept. Locking everybody up because a minority refuse to be vaccinated so we have to protect them - I’m sorry, it is just morally wrong in every way. It is ruining businesses and people’s lives. 

Instead of ‘record daily case’ numbers headlining everywhere, we need hospital cases and how they break down as far as vaccinated and unvaccinated. We all know the latter group will dominate. 
Time to call them out and change the narrative instead of blaming and penalising everybody else. 

Didn’t mean to get political but I can see many of my fellow brits on here are raging about this too. 

It’s nothing personal against anybody who won’t get the vaccine either. But those people have to accept that they are the reason this is even being considered. How must they feel? They need to be put in that moral quandary to maybe actually go and get one!!! 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Compliance with even a two week lockdown at this stage would be tiny. I just don’t think people would accept it. Their best bet is capacity limits, vaccine passports and working from home.

like you’ve said on the US Spidey thread, the fact the world is now reporting we’re going into a 2 week lockdown because one newspaper said it was an option - just about sums up the state of things 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

like you’ve said on the US Spidey thread, the fact the world is now reporting we’re going into a 2 week lockdown because one newspaper said it was an option - just about sums up the state of things 

We already new the shithole that the media are, but now with covid yeesh they are litteraly having boners .Media always focus on whats negative, when the deaths were big they ingnored the cases, now they talk all the time about the cases and yet literally noone is even mentioning the deaths  where they are low as fuck.

Edited by john2000

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

We already new the shithole that the media are, but now with covid yeesh they are litteraly having boners .Media always focus on whats negative, when the deaths were big they ingnored the cases, now they talk all the time about the cases and yet literally noone is even mentioning the deaths  where they are low as fuck.

100%. 

Sky News app has a running commentary of farce, running it as ‘breaking news’ constantly. It’s shameful. 

the latest one “Don’t go to pub after booster”. 

The biggest question I want answered is thus….

If a majority of those that refuse to be vaccinated got their jabs, would the NHS be able to cope?

That should be asked to every single ‘scientist’ they have on every half an hour. 

The media won’t ask it because they’re afraid of the division the answers will cause. That despite them being the reason for most of the political division in the whole country, for clicks and newspaper sales. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

100%. 

Sky News app has a running commentary of farce, running it as ‘breaking news’ constantly. It’s shameful. 

the latest one “Don’t go to pub after booster”. 

The biggest question I want answered is thus….

If a majority of those that refuse to be vaccinated got their jabs, would the NHS be able to cope?

That should be asked to every single ‘scientist’ they have on every half an hour. 

The media won’t ask it because they’re afraid of the division the answers will cause. That despite them being the reason for most of the political division in the whole country, for clicks and newspaper sales. 

Also i love that they are still using polls lol, as if thats reliable....its honestly disgusting covid is of course a serious situation but its not apocalypse as the media are making it to be. As for the so called scientist at this point i doubt if they are scientist in the first place (of course i am talking about some particularly individuals).Anyways is as clear as daylight that govermernts around the world have no fucking idea about what to do,people are angry ,exhausted,the economical support to buisness and citizens is minimal no plan whatsover.

Edited by john2000
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danhjpn said:

It is official yet? 

They haven’t even provided any reassurance against it unfortunately. Not even a statement to address the rumours. 

2 hours ago, Weird Alegion said:

You guys are reinforcing my point. I'm not saying it will only be two weeks because you can trust govt to keep their word -- I'm saying it'll only be two weeks because vaccinated people are fed up with restrictions, unvaccinated people are fed up with restrictions, and you can't get away with more than two weeks. There comes a point when democracies have to be responsive to the public for reasons of power rather than good intentions.

The last time they told Glasgow “two weeks” it was nine months. So you can see why we’re reluctant to rely on common sense. 

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I am absolutely raging mad at the potential of this. It’s an absolute joke. 
Vaccine passports and masks we can accept. Locking everybody up because a minority refuse to be vaccinated so we have to protect them - I’m sorry, it is just morally wrong in every way. It is ruining businesses and people’s lives. 

This.