Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

9 minutes ago, john2000 said:

True we will see , hopefully not , even restaurants will be open just outdoors but again we are guessing at this point,for now lets enjoy the weekend.

restaurants being open for outdoor only here in the UK the first two weeks of January, might as well be closed. It’s freezing. 

Easy for you to say, do you live here? This could impact our ability to see any films from Christmas eve onwards. Discussion is unavoidable and pretending to enjoy the big Spider-Man numbers would just be burying our heads in the sand. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

restaurants being open for outdoor only here in the UK the first two weeks of January, might as well be closed. It’s freezing. 

Easy for you to say, do you live here? This could impact our ability to see any films from Christmas eve onwards. Discussion is unavoidable and pretending to enjoy the big Spider-Man numbers would just be burying our heads in the sand. 

I dont but its a waste of time to think about what COULD happen imo, a lockdown is definately realistic but its not locked and if you read the article it says that boris want to go with the lighter restrictions first like guidence.Of course what will happen is unknown but i personally dont think that we should be talking about a hypothetical scenario as at this point noone really knowns but thats just me.

9 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The joke government running this country is not rational, and is totally incompetent and clueless. That’s why. 

Many of the measures at this point on a worldwide scale definately arent making any sense, at this point many gov takes actions so the people see that they are doing something.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

What is the point of 2 weeks lockdown? Most people already fully vaccinated. Most of people who died or in serious condition are the ones didn't fully vacinnated yet.

Lockdown to protect people who have not vaccinated/don't want to vacine? 

If number of new cases rises but the deaths still the same level, then it's not dangerous. Vaccine is doing its work. 

Apparently vaccines didnt help much with omicron. Previous illness too. 2 doses of Astra Zeneca have negligible effect. No one is pretty sure about three. Omicron is a gamechanger.  Only in September Denmark government announced that Covis is not a serious threat anymore. And now they are closing everything for 4 weeks with 84% of people aged 5 and above vaccinated.

1 minute ago, juni78ukr said:

Apparently vaccines didnt help much with omicron. Previous illness too. 2 doses of Astra Zeneca have negligible effect. No one is pretty sure about three. Omicron is a gamechanger.  Only in September Denmark government announced that Covis is not a serious threat anymore. And now they are closing everything for 4 weeks with 84% of people aged 5 and above vaccinated.

Lockdown restrictions arent helping much either , bc noone is following them and lets be honest at this point even the politicians know it the number of people that comply is much lower than it ever was and even a real lockdown seems unlikely to do anything meaningfull from the expercience in my country and based on what have i heard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Well here we have it, the UK government are considering a 2 week lockdown after Christmas Day that would see cinemas completely close. 

This is so unfair. 

Source: The Times. 

Christmas day ah? That's very considerate of govt. Well there are 7 days till that. Time to break some daily records :P

Anyways, on serious note. So this didn't even get to be boosted by Post XMAS and New Year despite being December release. Marvel is unlucky. I wanted just one big MCU film to see the potential on best release date, and couldn't even do that.

May be SAT and SUN get somewhat boosted by news. Say we get 7.5+ both days for 32.8M and an average of 3.5M for next 4.5 days 49M closing till it reopen.

12 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

In my country, majority of deaths and in serious condition are people who didn't fully vaccianted yet and people with lots of other illnesses already. All of them are 50+ years old, apparently not a single person who <50 years olds and fully vaccinated died yet.

Edited by Danhjpn

7 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Nice bump on Friday, up around 35% from Thursday. Not as big as OD though

Excellent, so over £6m Friday. Saturday and Sunday are going to be absolutely huge, expecting around £33m 5 day now (c$44m)

Edited by Heretic

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Christmas day ah? That's very considerate of govt. Well there are 7 days till that. Time to break some daily records :P

Anyways, on serious note. So this didn't even get to be boosted by Post XMAS and New Year despite being December release. Marvel is unlucky. I wanted just one big MCU film to see the potential on best release date, and couldn't even do that.

May be SAT and SUN get somewhat boosted by news. Say we get 7.5+ both days for 32.8M and an average of 3.5M for next 4.5 days 49M closing till it reopen.

Important to remember is that , the semi lockdown is far from certain and for now it seems that the pr will go with other kinds of restrictions that would see cinemas remain open , at least thats what i read from one article.

Edited by john2000