grim22

BOT Retrospective - Top 25 Movies of 1999. Full list revealed

3 hours ago, Mr Pastaffelees said:

I'd say this forum should he ashamed of itself for not putting Magnolia in the top 10 but I did forget to make a list. :whosad:

Magnolia was one of the worst films of 1999....horrible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

62 lists.  the time spent with attention to detail listening to and remembering Fight Club and the number of Star Wars worshippers. 

Fight Club - 680 points

Star Wars - 155 points

this is a cultural influence that has bothered me for almost the entire time these movies have been out.  There is so much to play with in The Phantom Menace too, but it is as ignored as any Pixar movie, when it comes to recapturing the detail of a movie, and taking the structure of the story seriously.

tenor.gif

Edited by 2010s Painkiller Race
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

62 lists.  the time spent with attention to detail listening to and remembering Fight Club and the number of Star Wars worshippers. 

Fight Club - 680 points

Star Wars - 155 points

this is a cultural influence that has bothered me for almost the entire time these movies have been out.  There is so much to play with in The Phantom Menace too, but it is as ignored as any Pixar movie, when it comes to recapturing the detail of a movie, and taking the structure of the story seriously.

tenor.gif

hqdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

Fight Club - 680 points

Star Wars - 155 points

I don't fault people for not liking TPM as some of the writing in it is bad and/or offensive. That being said, the film is far better than the atrocious Fight Club. The movie industry often handles mental illness poorly and Fight Club is no exception. Even worse, the film treats it as a scapegoat for the movie's events when one wasn't needed. The movie is not profound or interesting. It is a depressing, nihilistic mess of a film filled with unlikeable characters and actions. The adoration the film receives is mystifying to me.

• Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Hooray for Matrix but WOW @ apparently only me who acknowledge the legendary movie that was MYSTERY MEN.

I kind of remember watching that shit.

Also Saving Silverman when I was 7 or 8, but that's not a 1999 movie.

Edited by cannastop