PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think 340M+ domestic is where it will end, Japan has 12-16M to add, so just between these 2 markets it will get to 1B. All other markets are gravy now. Aladdin looks like the target, TS4 the stretch goal.

Crazy scenario would be 1.1B if it had good OS run till end of the year. There is absolutely no competition. Frozen 2 is the only big movie till Jumanji and that targets different audience base. So I think it has slight possibility. Domestic will cross 340m for sure. May be even get close to 350m.

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Crazy scenario would be 1.1B if it had good OS run till end of the year. There is absolutely no competition. Frozen 2 is the only big movie till Jumanji and that targets different audience base. So I think it has slight possibility. Domestic will cross 340m for sure. May be even get close to 350m.

350M with Oscar expansion if it happens next year, 1.1B WW maybe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While surely this is much better than expectation. Next week it should drop much bigger than this though because this weekend really inflated by Europe Friday holiday. Expect 45% drop next weekend and I think Japan will make 10-12m more max. For original release my expectation still 1030-1050m.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, john2000 said:

for 1,1 billion it would need 350 dom and 750 os, i doubt it has that much gas left os

Yeah its tough but the way movie is trending is extra-ordinary 

domestic $340 M+ if hold coming weeks than might be close to $350 M ..  

$1.05 B+ seems achievable 

If many are suggesting that it'll hit $1.05 billion at the end of its run, does that means it could get to $1.1 billion+ if it gets an awards extension? Perhaps even going as far as to top Captain Marvel?

Because if it hits $1 billion in 10 days surely it'll have the entire of November to February/March?

Edited by Bart Allen

48 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

So, for example from France, last week. It reported Joker get $28.1m and as cine-director said it gets 260k admission from Mon-Tue ($2m)

So that means it get $5.6m for weekend (3.5% drop from last weekend) 

Edited by RJ 95

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its going to sell 4m admits there. How many movies cross that threshold. Plus I feel it could stretch a bit more running through the holidays.

Joker rivaling Endgame in many , almost all European market by reaching 80%-90% of the Endgame's total.

Like Spain, Joker is going to pass 30m , that is like 92% of the EG's sum in Spain. the same goes to Italy. To match that level, Joker needs to do at least 50m which I don't see it can reach there. EG did 64m in Germany.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spain number means €24.4m cume. Already top 25 ever.

It has done €4m along this week. It is hard to know what has been the weekend because of the discount period "Fiesta del Cine" (€2.90 tickets). I had guessed 600k admissions during Mon-Wed period for a €22.0m by Wednesday, what would mean €2.4m for Thu-Sun. That would imply a null drop relative to last weekend.

Even although it has a steep drop next weekend, let's say 40%, the objective target is already to beat Endgame as the biggest SH film ever (€29.2m). Next stop would be TTT (€29.8m) and to enter in top 10 ever. No words.

Just to put into perspective the market size and what Joker is doing: €5m in Spain equates to $100m DOM, so Joker is nearly making equivalent to $600m DOM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Astonished 3

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Joker rivaling Endgame in many , almost all European market by reaching 80%-90% of the Endgame's total.

Like Spain, Joker is going to pass 30m , that is like 92% of the EG's sum in Spain. the same goes to Italy. To match that level, Joker needs to do at least 50m which I don't see it can reach there. EG did 64m in Germany.  

I will try to compile how many market in Europe, that Joker have reach >80% of Avengers Endgame.

7 minutes ago, peludo said:

Spain number means €24.4m cume. Already top 25 ever.

It has done €4m along this week. It is hard to know what has been the weekend because of the discount period "Fiesta del Cine" (€2.90 tickets). I had guessed 600k admissions during Mon-Wed period for a €22.0m by Wednesday, what would mean €2.4m for Thu-Sun. That would imply a null drop relative to last weekend.

Even although it has a steep drop next weekend, let's say 40%, the objective target is already to beat Endgame as the biggest SH film ever (€29.2m). Next stop would be TTT (€29.8m) and to enter in top 10 ever. No words.

Just to put into perspective the market size and what Joker is doing: €5m in Spain equates to $100m DOM, so Joker is nearly making equivalent to $600m DOM.

Isn't that $27.3m means €24.8m ?

Edited by RJ 95