Eric Furiosa

Weekend Thread: It 2 40.74 (-55%), Hustlers 33.23 (Record for STX and J-Lo), Goldflop 2.64 (LOL)

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros won't lose much from The Goldfinch as most of the budget was covered by Amazon Studios, least they had the foresight to get a co-financier to reduce the risk. 

WB gets co-financing for most if not all their movies (even Joker is co financed by Bron in their deal) as does every other major studio except Disney.

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Venom vs A Star Is Born ended up being one those rare box office examples where (domestically, anyway) 

Venom vs A Star Is Born is one of those rare example where both movies wound up being HUGE WINNERS.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kitik said:

Venom vs A Star Is Born is one of those rare example where both movies wound up being HUGE WINNERS.

Also, it is a show case of how legs matter. ASIB barely hit half of Venom's opening but ended up beating it in final total.   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

Don't forget

source.gif

tbh I'd be surprised if it did more than Selma domestically though

I kind of wanted to forget, though :gold:   

It looked pretty solid to me, but predicting BO of movies like that is super not my specialty so I’ll take your word for it.   

Edit: Upon further review Selma made a bunch more money than I realized and I totally agree.

Edited by Thanos Legion

13 minutes ago, a2k said:

HS aiming for a 37 weekend and 1396 tally

Should make it to 1410 by Thu. Not sure if it's gonna be in many theatres after that but 1420 looks reasonable ($200+)

For anybody confused, these are China weekend numbers (in ¥)    

I haven’t heard about an extension yet, without one run will be over on Thurs iirc.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

A very nice Sat Bump for It even from the huge Friday. I guess It 1’s 2nd Sat bump was pretty subdued, might not have been the best base. Think odds to clear 215 are good.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Venom vs A Star Is Born ended up being one those rare box office examples where (domestically, anyway) the movie that won the opening weekend face off lost the ultimate battle and finished with less despite the huge head start. 

Lol ASIB had a massive push with a re-release. Venom didn't. Venom won overall and made more money for the studio.  

• Like 2