filmlover

Old | M. Night Shyamalan | July 23, 2021 | Eliza Scanlen, Thomasin McKenzie, Aaron Pierre, Alex Wolff and Vicky Krieps

3 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

I would have thought people in this forum general knows this rule.

FYI - even Wiki knows that:

Horror films consistently score lower; The Conjuring's "A−"was the first time a horror film scored better than "B+". CinemaScore's Harold Mintz said that "An F in a horror film is equivalent to a B− in a comedy".

Horror does have lower cinemascores, for sure.

But that Conjuring fact is not right though, Shyamalan’s own Sixth Sense got an A- fourteen years before The Conjuring. 

Shyamalan’s Cinemascore history: 

The Sixth Sense A-

Unbreakable C

Signs B

The Village C

Lady in the Water B-

The Happening D

Last Airbender C

After Earth B

The Visit B-

Split B+

Glass B

Old C+

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Horror does have lower cinemascores, for sure.

But that Conjuring fact is not right though, Shyamalan’s own Sixth Sense got an A- fourteen years before The Conjuring. 

Shyamalan’s Cinemascore history: 

The Sixth Sense A-

Unbreakable C

Signs B

The Village C

Lady in the Water B-

The Happening D

Last Airbender C

After Earth B

The Visit B-

Split B+

Glass B

Old C+

Thanks! You have to go and edit the wiki page. Haha.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I bet they've pulled out a nonsense "Sixth Sense is thriller not horror" for that one.

7 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

I would have thought people in this forum general knows this rule.

FYI - even Wiki knows that:

Horror films consistently score lower; The Conjuring's "A−"was the first time a horror film scored better than "B+". CinemaScore's Harold Mintz said that "An F in a horror film is equivalent to a B− in a comedy".

Honestly I usually don't pay a lot of attention to horror, mostly I follow the big genre movies, where C really is basically unheard basically.

11 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Honestly I usually don't pay a lot of attention to horror, mostly I follow the big genre movies, where C really is basically unheard basically.

So a good chance for you to learn about this..

I totally get the divided and negative responses from audiences but I loved it. It's this cross between a Twilight Zone/B movie vibe and this existential rumination on life and death that's breaking convention film rules as it goes along. One of the most creative and ambitiously shot films I've seen in a while, I wanna see it again just to study and focus on the framing and shot composition more closely. Some clunky dialogue and stilted performances but genuinely very thrilling and moving. I've only seen Sixth Sense and the Unbreakable trilogy so I really do need to go through the rest of M Night's films.

8/10

• Like 4

I was wrong, felt sure this would be beat by Snake eyes for thw eeekend title.

M Night seems to have settled in that he will probably not get any more Huge budgets for his films. but he can make films with a  very modest budget that turn a profit for the studio abd allow him to make the films he wants to make as long as they don't cost much. There are plenty of worse placed in the film industry to be in.

• Like 1

😂😂...you remember a villainous actor from one of your favorite films, and you already know he's here to wreak havoc 😂. "Adam", the vampire leader in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 😂. God's of Egypt, etc.

"For history will forever know you not as a man, but a MONSTER!!"

(Traitor vampire)"ha ha ha ha ha...Lincoln set us up...we've been tricked, Adam...there is no silver on this train." AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! 😂

"Hello [double agent human], where's the silver...? "

"Silver? Should be here..."

"WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME!!!" 😂

Rufus Sewell 😂😂

Edited by OdinSon2k14

On 7/25/2021 at 7:31 PM, dudalb said:

I was wrong, felt sure this would be beat by Snake eyes for thw eeekend title.

M Night seems to have settled in that he will probably not get any more Huge budgets for his films. but he can make films with a  very modest budget that turn a profit for the studio abd allow him to make the films he wants to make as long as they don't cost much. There are plenty of worse placed in the film industry to be in.

He funds his movies himself