RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

I'm kinda interested in this in a "so bad it's fun" kind of way. And a potential car crash kind of way. That and I love Adam Scott but yeah, nothing about this screams quality production. 

I suppose the 14th Feb is supposed to be counter programming Valentine's and partly hoping to capture some of the "hey a female superhero movie with the 5SoG girl!" non existent hype. 

5 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

I'm kinda interested in this in a "so bad it's fun" kind of way. And a potential car crash kind of way. That and I love Adam Scott but yeah, nothing about this screams quality production. 

I suppose the 14th Feb is supposed to be counter programming Valentine's and partly hoping to capture some of the "hey a female superhero movie with the 5SoG girl!" non existent hype. 

The St Valentines Day Movie BOx Office Massacre.

• Like 1

So if this movie and Kraven both tank, do we think Sony will abandon these Spider-Man-adjacent universe movies? I mean, how many L's can they take? Venom is the only popular one and I think that one might be running out of good will if Venom 3 isn't a step up in quality.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, poweranimals said:

So if this movie and Kraven both tank, do we think Sony will abandon these Spider-Man-adjacent universe movies? I mean, how many L's can they take? Venom is the only popular one and I think that one might be running out of good will if Venom 3 isn't a step up in quality.

"Monetize until the I.P. dies, baby!" -- Tom Rothman

So it seems like the hero costumes are only really in the future bits Ezekiel is from, which makes sense since the premise is a Terminator thing where they wouldn't have the suits in the past, obviously.

But the marketing puts focus on the suits, which I guess makes sense, but then covers all the suits with blurs and particle effects so you can't really see them?

• Like 1