Eric Prime

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Have a feeling this and DS2 will also be panned as domino effect to Eternals. 

How did you come to this conclusion? Since the two aren't related at all.

How the fuck have we just flipped on a dime from " Marvel bribes critics" to "critics are going to pan every Marvel movie from here on out"

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

How did you come to this conclusion? Since the two aren't related at all.

How the fuck have we just flipped on a dime from " Marvel bribes critics" to "critics are going to pan every Marvel movie from here on out"

Critics just follow china’s lead lagged by a few movies. MCU is on the outs now and forever, alas

• Like 1

Far From Home to me is like...pretty much all the other MCU films that folks online have a weird hatred over. It's a totally serviceable, entertaining romp and that's that. If people truly think it's this horrible pile of garbage, then they clearly haven't seen enough bad movies and I envy them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thedast said:

literally WHY would he ask him to bring back a dead person or is this a poor attempt at snark

I don't know, having disappeared into some pseudo-dimensional limbo for FIVE YEARS would kind of shake up your priorities, one thinks...And considering how "dumb" this Parker has been portrayed, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he asked Dr. Strange -- "Why can't we just grab a Mr. Stark from another dimension?"  

I still don't get why the Spider-kids are back in school like nothing changed...  The typical Marvel cake of eating it too... "Oh we can disappear five years...but we didn't age, so none of what anyone else went through matters." 

I know, I know...it's a kids movie.  But kids movies used to work for adults, too.  

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I don't know, having disappeared into some pseudo-dimensional limbo for FIVE YEARS would kind of shake up your priorities, one thinks...And considering how "dumb" this Parker has been portrayed, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he asked Dr. Strange -- "Why can't we just grab a Mr. Stark from another dimension?"  

I still don't get why the Spider-kids are back in school like nothing changed...  The typical Marvel cake of eating it too... "Oh we can disappear five years...but we didn't age, so none of what anyone else went through matters." 

I know, I know...it's a kids movie.  But kids movies used to work for adults, too.  

They mentioned in FFH that all the kids who were blipped had to repeat the school year, which would certainly suck for them. The entire idea of half the world’s population being gone for five years, then returning without having aged at all sounds like a logistical and emotional nightmare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

He didn't disappear for five years. He was dead. For him it was like no time had passed. Also, what else would they do but go to school? They didn't age. So it's not like they're going to be handed diplomas just because 5 years passed for the non-snapped people. 

• Like 1