Eric Prime

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

26 minutes ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

2012 "c'mon Sony give marvel the rights so spidey can be an avenger"

2021 "why can't spidey ever have his own movie instead of being saddled with other heroes"

Fans are never happy unless they have something to bitch about.

50 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

You just know if it were an MCU poster they wouldn’t have dreamed of not showing Holland’s face. 

I think we can expect a "Far From Home"-styled no-mask poster soon after the movie's release, with... REDACTED/you-know-who's faces, as well...

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Zendaya MJ has all the potential to be a breakout if Sony stops making these films Spider-Man teams up with Marvel Superhero X flicks (or in FFH's case, Spidey mourning Tony Stark) and goes back to focusing on Spidey's supporting cast. Hopefully the fourth film utilizes the larger MCU concepts and characters sparingly and majorly sticks to Spider-Man's world.

Yeah I think that's one of the things Homecoming did better was have good focus on the supporting high school kids whereas FFH it's more of random side plots and it might be the same here

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If I recall, Zendaya’s character wasn’t particularly liked in Homecoming. I suppose some of that might have been because her character is effectively a replacement for Mary Jane, which rubbed fans the wrong way, but people seemed to warm up to her after FFH. 

Probably because she had nothing to do in Homecoming besides existing in the background for the most of it. She had nowhere to go but up from that.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Mau said:

Another day another country in Europe that announces going back to lockdown. At this point NWH will lose a lot of money from Europe

What country ? And also  NWH  if there is a need it will just be delayed in this markets.Europe as a whole wont go to a full real lockdown anytime soon.At least not the major markets that matter.Anyways we shall see.

Edited by john2000

45 minutes ago, john2000 said:

What country ? And also  NWH  if there is a need it will just be delayed in this markets.Europe as a whole wont go to a full real lockdown anytime soon.At least not the major markets that matter.Anyways we shall see.

My bad I thought Portugal was gonna lockdown, but in the end it was just that they will close boarders

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Umm... show me one person pushing Sony to sell the rights to Marvel AND complaining about MCU superheroes in Spidey films. They are mutually exclusive groups. 

I want Sony to sell the rights to Marvel completely and I hate how Marvel made Iron-man's presence a tad bit too much. His presence would not have been that bad but him providing a suit, which had Advanced AI and could even track Spidey, those were things - I was not cool with. I care even less that Zendaya's MJ isn't Mary Jane because as much as I love Tobey's Spiderman in 2nd movie, I hate Kirsten's MJ that much. She was absolute caricature of all teen movie heroines that I used to watch when I was teen. 

Edited by anti-Pedantic

23 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

If I recall, Zendaya’s character wasn’t particularly liked in Homecoming. I suppose some of that might have been because her character is effectively a replacement for Mary Jane, which rubbed fans the wrong way, but people seemed to warm up to her after FFH. 

She's not a replacement. She is the MCU's version of Mary Jane as confirmed by Zendaya in this Variety interview

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Disbelief 1

18 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

This isn't going to move but Sony must be a tad nervous about the south african variant right now. Stock markets are already dropping on the news.

This should have never stayed here in the first place. It should have moved to the Summer a while ago.