Eric Lasagna

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

On 12/5/2021 at 9:49 PM, Multiverse of XXR said:

Who's expecting that? The biggest true Friday number I've seen floated around is like $77M but most are in the $60-70M range. 

The Avengers did $80,8M on its premiere day. This movie has no Thursday previews (it was before TDKR shooting), the first screenings began one minute after midnight. Same with the last Harry Potter film - it did over $91M on Friday, July 15th 2011. I guess this was the biggest true Friday.

Edited by Juby

28 minutes ago, Juby said:

The Avengers did $80,8M on its premiere day. This movie has no Thursday previews (it was before TDKR shooting), the first screenings began one minute after midnight. Same with the last Harry Potter film - it did over $91M on Friday, July 15th 2011. I guess this was the biggest true Friday.

I was talking about for No Way Home, not every film. 

Edit: Just got your meaning with the “true Friday” thing but yea, I was talking about NWH only. 

Edited by Multiverse of XXR

15 hours ago, SLAM! said:

I'm thinking it might be a 3rd Venom film, or something involving Venom. The second one might have had a chance to releases in 2020 had the pandemic not happened, so the series might have a faster turn around than expected because of that.

That's kinda what I'm thinking as well

15 hours ago, Menor said:

Showing T&A is pointless at this stage. They successfully managed to get massive hype and ticket sales just from rumors. Keep them secret to help the WOM. 

I agree. I do expect some TV spots with spoilers maybe a week or so after release though.

15 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Lol I’d be annoyed if they show Tobey now. 10 days left, we’re fine

Sony saw the tracking and wanted 300m OW

I imagine legs will be better too if they just wait. Get that massive OW and then let the wom of T&A spread for more longevity. It would probably be ridiculously front loaded if they were already officially revealed

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

What happened to the Olivia Wilde directed (Spider-Woman?) film?

I almost forgot about that one. I'm hoping since Sony and Disney seem to be in a good place with each other that we get more Disney+ series with/about the Sony characters

Rewatched Raimi's #1 last night for first time in many years. I was always somewhat nervous to revisit because of the nostalgia and memories but it holds up so well. Still had the entire movie memorized-so iconic and memorable. It's a packed 2 hours but it moves quickly, especially the first half. Goblin's motives with Spiderman came off more flimsy this time around but the film still provides so much heightened excitement and emotion. Many Raimi jumpscares, inventive camerawork that navigates every angle of a scene. But it wouldn't work at all for not Tobey's soulful performance.

I'll rewatch 2 soon expecting to be wrecked by the train scene. Wasn't a fan of Andrew's films. The first lacks personality and Peter is depicted in the most contradictory characterizations. The 2nd is a visual bonanza but overstuffed and studio-mandated to every inch of its life. the Holland films are better, I just wish the focused more on his high school antics than the Stark stuff. Holland truly nails the giddy overeagerness of a kid trying to do the right thing while also struggling to be a kid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Rewatched Raimi's #1 last night for first time in many years. I was always somewhat nervous to revisit because of the nostalgia and memories but it holds up so well. Still had the entire movie memorized-so iconic and memorable. It's a packed 2 hours but it moves quickly, especially the first half. Goblin's motives with Spiderman came off more flimsy this time around but the film still provides so much heightened excitement and emotion. Many Raimi jumpscares, inventive camerawork that navigates every angle of a scene. But it wouldn't work at all for not Tobey's soulful performance.

I'll rewatch 2 soon expecting to be wrecked by the train scene. Wasn't a fan of Andrew's films. The first lacks personality and Peter is depicted in the most contradictory characterizations. The 2nd is a visual bonanza but overstuffed and studio-mandated to every inch of its life. the Holland films are better, I just wish the focused more on his high school antics than the Stark stuff. Holland truly nails the giddy overeagerness of a kid trying to do the right thing while also struggling to be a kid

Regardless of how good the film is, Raimi'sd first Spidey film pretty much put the CBM into high gear as far as being the dominant box office genre . Yes, X Men in 2000 was a  hit, but not a block buster the way Spidey one was.

• Like 5

So Spider-Man 3 is...decent? Like obviously there are many problems (Venom, the amnesia plot for Harry Osborn) but I like how it explores Peter and MJ's relationship (again MJ by far is the character I have grown on the most with this rewatch). 

Sandman is a good antagonist but with how his character is left of after this film I'm curious how NWH will handle him. 

Definitely would have liked a Spider-Man 4 to see if Raimi could have made a movie on par with 1 and 2 but as far as an unplanned conclusion it's not a bad place to end the series. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

So Spider-Man 3 is...decent? Like obviously there are many problems (Venom, the amnesia plot for Harry Osborn) but I like how it explores Peter and MJ's relationship (again MJ by far is the character I have grown on the most with this rewatch). 

Sandman is a good antagonist but with how his character is left of after this film I'm curious how NWH will handle him. 

Definitely would have liked a Spider-Man 4 to see if Raimi could have made a movie on par with 1 and 2 but as far as an unplanned conclusion it's not a bad place to end the series. 

I find with 3, all the pieces are there. The content in the film is good...it just suffers from there being too much to cover over one movie and lacks the well paced structure of 1-2. 

• Like 3

Theaters could be closing in Denmark. Spidey is in Danger. Around 1/200 danish people has allready booked a ticket….

And i have tickets in 7 days.

Crossing fingers that theaters dodges the first restriction bullet 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

42 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Theaters could be closing in Denmark. Spidey is in Danger. Around 1/200 danish people has allready booked a ticket….

And i have tickets in 7 days.

Crossing fingers that theaters dodges the first restriction bullet 

At worse it will just be delayed for a couple days but the most realistic scenario is that theaters remain open as it is , the new restrictions probably will be mask indoors, some kind of curfew maybe and also MAYBE  a lower capacity on cinemas and these are the worse things that can happen from the moment that this is a partial lockdown.