Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's obvious that return of the old favorites/crossover with 2 other Spidey franchises has increased the interest in the franchise above its normal levels. Think TFA over-indexing by SW standards and then the rest of the movies going back to normal levels. That's what's happening with NWH. 

i dont know much about the saga, i hate superhero movies. all i saw was dr strange in the trailer playing with tom holland.

with covid cases going up  and the new variant + being very near xmas i think a lot of people wont wanna go to the theatres right now

• Haha 5
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

i dont know much about the saga, i hate superhero movies. all i saw was dr strange in the trailer playing with tom holland.

with covid cases going up  and the new variant + being very near xmas i think a lot of people wont wanna go to the theatres right now

Say you’re not paying attention to NWH ticket sales without saying you’re not paying attention to no way home ticket says.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm thinking 500M is the floor but yes your estimation is realistic. Unprecedented demand + holiday legs. 

It cant be anywhere near 500. That would mean no Tobey, no Andrew, awful reviews, toxic WOM, Transformers Prime outbreak and a 160M OW all happening at once.  

Might be 550 but looks like 600+ is what its going to do.

1 minute ago, Ronin46 said:

It cant be anywhere near 500. That would mean no Tobey, no Andrew, awful reviews, toxic WOM, Transformers Prime outbreak and a 160M OW all happening at once.  

I mean t minimum and I'm conservative with predix after the failure of my Pika Pika Over 1B Dom Club. 

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm thinking 500M is the floor but yes your estimation is realistic. Unprecedented demand + holiday legs. 

7 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

If critics come out when the embargo lifts and say this film is trash, and then audiences agree; I could see it topping out at TROS. I think OW hits $220M even under that scenario because sales are already so high. 

The most likely scenario right now (IMO) is $260-280M OW and 2.7-3.0x legs.

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If critics come out when the embargo lifts and say this film is trash, and then audiences agree; I could see it topping out at TROS. I think OW hits $220M even under that scenario because sales are already so high. 

The most likely scenario right now (IMO) is $260-280M OW and 2.7-3.0x legs.

If all the things happen as I said then it maybe does high 500s at a minimum but we kinda already know its T&A and the movie will be "ok" and a bit "messy" which wont be toxic so that puts 600+ where it lands. After that its just a question of how good and covid to see how much more. Not a Spidey fan but I am glad its going to kill and I look forward to all 3 in it.

I think we can forget Eternals reception if that's what people fear. Nostalgia will be done right, emotions will run high, I don't see RT below mid 80s. Most likely 90s. 

I'm worse than Deadline with multies so yes 500M minimum is impossible off OW that's at least half of it. That would be a terrible multi which won't happen.

People have an emotional connection to Holland and T&A so that should prevent any really bad reception like Eternals. At worst I think it will get a meh B+ like Spider-Man 3. But I actually think an A is most likely. As long as it's fun people won't care if it's a mess. 

Hopefully I didn't jinx it. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Menor said:

People have an emotional connection to Holland and T&A so that should prevent any really bad reception like Eternals. At worst I think it will get a meh B+ like Spider-Man 3. But I actually think an A is most likely. As long as it's fun people won't care if it's a mess. 

Hopefully I didn't jinx it. 

I keep thinking about Rogue One.  Not just because of the release window, or even the similar calendar 'configuration.'

Fans really enjoyed the finale, especially the last 5 minutes.  I think anything we get from T&A is backloaded in the movie so there's a chance that an 'okay' first half/two thirds, could be erased by an amazing finale that hits all the right buttons. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

Yeah but this one's entire selling point is nostalgia and fan service, unlike Eternals.

That the problem, it could still be a good film bur if the Two previous Spideys are not in it, people will feel they have been sold a bill of goods and that could impact boxoffice.

I know,I know, SONY has never offcially "pushed" the Two Previous Spideys will be in stuff, but they have not discouraged it either, and I think they have to pretty much produce. People don't like bait and switch.