Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Yep, people know. It's the worst kept secret in Hollywood and it's kept badly for this very reason - they want everyone to know but mystery (aka not showing Tobey and Andrew) drives the hype. Everyone wants to experience the moment when they show up for the first time instead of seeing it in the trailer. 

NWH is going to make more than 2-3 highest grossing 2021 movies combined. Presales around the world are off the charts everywhere. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

The obvious explanation is that you are just wrong about this.

This is very possible, I will admit my radar for what people know about these movies has been broken for awhile outside of knowing Black Panther was gonna hit. I have doubts Joe Schmoe off the streets who saw this trailer once in front of Encanto or Ghostbusters has any idea, but maybe!

20 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Considering his terrible career choices (unlike Zendaya who smartly picked Euphoria and Dune and basically doesn't depend on Spiderman/MCU for visibility and work), it's more likely he'll place another drunken crying call for more movies like he did to Iger when there was a dispute about SM between Sony and Marvel. 

I think there's still time for him to find his footing as a performer inevitably. 

I was literally on a One Piece (Japanese Manga) thread and people we're talking about NWH while discussing the spoilers for the new chapter that's dropping this Friday. I'd be surprised if there are people who haven't at least heard the name "Spider-Man: No Way Home" yet. 

8 minutes ago, JWR said:

I think there's still time for him to find his footing as a performer inevitably. 

he's only 25 so he has time. that said, a number of actors around that age group have a leg up due to stronger resumes that aren't dominated by 1 role/franchise. Chalamet for one. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This is very possible, I will admit my radar for what people know about these movies has been broken for awhile outside of knowing Black Panther was gonna hit. I have doubts Joe Schmoe off the streets who saw this trailer once in front of Encanto or Ghostbusters has any idea, but maybe!

Internet fan culture isn't really as niche as you're making it out to be, at least on the MCU side of things. Every family's got the one nerd who is always on top with what's trending in geek culture (I'm sadly that nerd). And everybody's got a Twitter account at this rate, so you're bound to have seen Molina in the trailer and/or heard somebody talk about or meme [redacted] at some point, especially considering how viral both trailers were and how the MCU has crossovered to so many other Twitter sectors.

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

he's only 25 so he has time. that said, a number of actors around that age group have a leg up due to stronger resumes that aren't dominated by 1 role/franchise. Chalamet for one. 

Zendaya found success after her Disney Channel years. Andrew Garfield has done pretty well for himself too.