Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

5 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

The follow up tweet says they're only gonna show critics about 40 minutes of the film. Bizarre. They're really dedicated to keeping the worst kept secret a secret.

when they say "the press" i don't think they're showing 40 minutes for actual critics it's for the dorky sycophant press junketeers and youtubers. 

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Isn't that kinda the point of the world premiere? It's weird that they are showing anything at all before that.

I guess it's for the social media reactions to increase hype (I'm sure it'll be up to and including the bridge fight). I know studios have cut out post credits scenes prior to the premiere but only showing Act 1 is something I've never seen before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I guess it's for the social media reactions to increase hype (I'm sure it'll be up to and including the bridge fight). I know studios have cut out post credits scenes prior to the premiere but only showing Act 1 is something I've never seen before.

Rogue One  had a 10? 15? 30 minutes "sneak peek" about a week or so before the world premiere, but I think that was more collection of scenes than a straight run through.  Have to go back and check to see what exactly it was.

16 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Well, we don't even know whether they're showing a coherent "Act" at this point, or even the first 40 minutes.  Could be just a selection of different scenes?  Hmm...but I'm sure it WILL include the full bridge scene.  😂 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Press screenings for critics can happen before "world premieres" for a variety of reasons, presumably logistical being high on the list. 

Though 40 minutes of a movie is hardly a screening and more a super-sized sneak peek...

Yeah but they didn't for IW/EG I think, would think this movie would be treated similarly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Don’t manifest a TLJ drop on it now 

One thing to keep in mind is Christmas Eve is on a Friday, so that'll knock $10M off it's weekend right there. I won't make a prediction on the actual dollar amount of the 2nd weekend, but it'll probably be 55-60% off opening weekend. 

It loses like 15-20M on Fri from calendar stuff but then gains like 5-15M on Sat and 5-10M on Sun, a mild net positive imo though I intend to do a more quantitative deep dive on this in a bit.

Edited by Product Driven Legion
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I was perusing some MTC1 locations in my area after compiling numbers for my theater and noticed the largest theater around here (30 screens) is now up to 54 show times for Thursday. Endgame final there was 58. 

It’s safe to say imo that this will romp past endgame final shows thanks to the extra 3 hours and shorter runtime (though runtime May end up cancelling with covid slowdown in auditorium turnover — most locations seem to be running NWH on a 3:30 gap iirc and I forget what it was for endgame but I don’t think a full 4 hrs?). I think matinees and inflation roughly cancel on atp, so if it does like 50M that will be from like +17% shows but -28.5% occupancy.

14 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I think matinees and inflation roughly cancel on atp...

I don't have any good data on this but right now, Keyser's MTC2 data has ATP about 5.5% ahead of TROS. I don't imagine most of the expansion in showtimes will happen during the matinee timeframe so I'm thinking ATP should probably stay 6-7% over AEG. 

31 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I don't have any good data on this but right now, Keyser's MTC2 data has ATP about 5.5% ahead of TROS. I don't imagine most of the expansion in showtimes will happen during the matinee timeframe so I'm thinking ATP should probably stay 6-7% over AEG. 

I think there are some dangers with the atp from the scrapers, especially comparing 2019 to now. Perhaps @charlie Jatinder/ @keysersoze123/ @Menor can comment more on likely OW ATP vs Endgame — I seem to recall from casual chats that Jat thinks/thought the matinees would actually more than cancel inflation and leave NWH atp lower, whereas I have been thinking maybe like 1-3% higher.