Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

I wonder how well this will do in Europe with what's going on. Some countries have already locked down, more will surely follow.

Highly doubt that we will see many more european countries lockdown and especially in the major markets.Except germany the other european majors are doing very good without any problem and with covid cases lower than what they had during aug wave with shang chi.Even germany hasnt a lockdown with covid rising to all time high and germany has one of the more cautious strategies for covid.So far only 2 european countries to my knowledge have real lockdowns and thats austria and slovakia not an impact at all and austria will probably be out of lockdown by the time spidey comes.

Edited by john2000
  • Like 3

I do not think lockdowns in Europe will be back like we had at the beginning of the crisis. But restrictions are very probable seeing the increase of cases in every European country, even more with the fear to the new omicron variant.

These restrictions could affect to events like movies or theater plays at least in terms of capacity. For example, presales for NWH in Spain have been suspended with no reasoning. IMHO, the reason could be that theater chains still do not know how many seats they will have available within 15 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

Highly doubt that we will see many more european countries lockdown and especially in the major markets.Except germany the other european majors are doing very good without any problem and with covid cases lower than what they had during aug wave with shang chi.Even germany hasnt a lockdown with covid rising to all time high and germany has one of the more cautious strategies for covid.So far only 2 european countries to my knowledge have real lockdowns and thats austria and slovakia not an impact at all and austria will probably be out of lockdown by the time spidey comes.

I think venues are closed in Netherlands too, or t least severely restricted, all have to close after 5pm.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/omicron-fears-box-office-film-tv-1235053812/

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So what time do you think we get the official in 24 hours" numbers from Fandango and the like

The AMC CEO was already on a talk show saying it’s “close to Endgame” but no official numbers yet. I’m hoping for something concrete in the next 3-5 hours.

• Astonished 1

Seriously asking: Why is this selling so much bigger than other Spider-Man MCU movies? Where does the hype come from to make it Endgame levels? General audiences and even alot of Spidey fans probably don't know about (redacted). I agree this would be bigger regardless because Dr. Strange and just generally feeling much more important, but this is going to challenge 225m OW in December during a raging pandemic when the last one would have done about 140m OW in summer if it had a normal three day. The gap in hype between this one and last one is absurdly huge, despite most of the hype factors either appealing mostly to already existing diehards (the multiverse stuff) or being unknown to the casual audiences who drive these type of mega-weekends (redacted).

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Seriously asking: Why is this selling so much bigger than other Spider-Man MCU movies? Where does the hype come from to make it Endgame levels? General audiences and even alot of Spidey fans probably don't know about (redacted). I agree this would be bigger regardless because Dr. Strange and just generally feeling much more important, but this is going to challenge 225m OW in December during a raging pandemic when the last one would have done about 140m OW in summer if it had a normal three day. The gap in hype between this one and last one is absurdly huge, despite most of the hype factors either appealing mostly to already existing diehards (the multiverse stuff) or being unknown to the casual audiences who drive these type of mega-weekends (redacted).

spider man film GIF  andrew garfield flowers GIF

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think the general audiences probably do have an inkling of spoilers, otherwise the hype wouldn't be anywhere like this. 

• Like 1