Eric the Fall Guy

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

On 12/13/2021 at 9:41 AM, Multiverse of XXR said:

I don’t think it’ll be rotten. All of the characters are established, so once you explain the “multiverse breaking” part of it, it should be fine.

I'm expecting 75-85 critics RT by opening day.

People really forget that what doomed Eternas was the "boring" aspect and the complicated storytelling, that won't happen with this one, it feels pretty straight forward unless the critics just go raging about the fan service.

Non-Spoiler reviews are going to be like: "When that happened, I was enthralled. This being there and that being that, it really just worked as is because of the thing with that thing. Beyond grateful to have seen what I saw, with epic things and high flying stuff."

• Haha 2

MODERATION:

Quick heads up. When the premiere starts, I’m gonna lock this thread and post an update to the spoiler policy. The logic is: to make sure everyone has read the updated policy.  Ten or so minutes before the premiere ends I will unlock it. So it should only be for like 2 1/2 hours.

So just think of it as intermission. That’s the time to go get dinner, take a nap before you pull all nighter, whatever. 😘

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Here, @Cap, I'll save you the trouble:

edOII2t.png

Part of me may actually welcome that. I don't have the self-control to stay out and I'm sure some oblique spoilers will filter their way through here once the movie has released overseas. 

Edited by Menor
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Menor said:

Part of me may actually welcome that. I don't have the self-control to stay out and I'm sure some oblique spoilers will filter their way through here once the movie has released overseas. 

LOL, No joke, I will thread ban anyone who thinks they lack self-control. I’m all for helping out people who want to say spoiler free!!! (Also oh my God I forgot how funny those Captain America videos are. Priceless)

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

LOL, No joke, I will thread ban anyone who thinks they lack self-control. I’m all for helping out people who want to say spoiler free!!! (Also oh my God I forgot how funny those Captain America videos are. Priceless)

I may request it after today. Though for tonight I want to see the meltdowns (or lack thereof) once reactions/reviews drop. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Landon1195 said:

I don't think this will be rotten. I've read the plot leak (which have been confirmed to be really by scoopers) and it doesn't seem like a mess. Other people who have read it also said it's not a mess.. Also scoopers like ViewerAnon and BSL have said this movie is not a mess like Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

With all due respect -- none of this matters.  The only thing that matters is how the film plays/works on-screen for audiences.  It's a visual storytelling medium, first and foremost.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2