Eric is Quiet

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

10 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

FFH has basically no redeeming qualities 

- Supporting cast is awful

- Edith plot is horrible

- Everything is a lame joke

- zero emotional weight 

The list could go on and on 

But Jake....but Jake

3 rotten reviews so far:

"There's no attempt to hide that the film is pure fan service, a greatest-hits mashup of Spider-Man's cinematic legacy."

"The latest, laboured movie in Tom Holland's up-to-this-point winning iteration of the web-slinger is all about webbing characters through multiverse magic from previous iterations of the franchise to deliver fleeting dopamine hits."

"No Way Home should have focused on making new viewers fall in love with the characters so they want to discover their previous movies. Some poignant moments show what could've been."

Edited by Danhjpn

5 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

3 rotten reviews so far:

"There's no attempt to hide that the film is pure fan service, a greatest-hits mashup of Spider-Man's cinematic legacy."

"The latest, laboured movie in Tom Holland's up-to-this-point winning iteration of the web-slinger is all about webbing characters through multiverse magic from previous iterations of the franchise to deliver fleeting dopamine hits."

"No Way Home should have focused on making new viewers fall in love with the characters so they want to discover their previous movies. Some poignant moments show what could've been."

wow... those are really stupid.

As expected I couldn't really sleep much... 10 1/2 hours to go 😳

And I still have to work in between... how am I supposed to do that? 🙄

My final predictions: 230 DOM, 550 global

Doing predictions while being full on drunk on hype may be a bad idea

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

All the people I trust (including the critic for the Slant review) seems to think this movie is actually ok. Decent chance I'll actually enjoy this.

Yeah the people I trust are mostly enjoying it well enough. Far more 50/50 than the greek critics and doesn't even seem like they enjoy it more than the previous two, but the fun of it has beaten a lot of them into submission - so hopefully I at least won't be miserable watching this tonight lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Just wanted to thank everyone for not being a jackass and posting any spoilers in this thread so far.  I thought I was going to have to bounce and not read this thread, but so far it had been smooth sailing and good conversation.  Let’s keep it that way and not have any slip ups 😀

Be careful regardless, people are starting to leak scenes.

• Like 2

Have to give props to Holland for this one. He's always been okay for me but this movie finally makes it feel like he's center stage. The VFX work was absolutely spectacular. Emotional and fun. Very much enjoyed the movie overall. Fan service was a bit heavy but I didn't really mind. It was needed after a depressing year.

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Be careful regardless, people are starting to leak scenes.

Yeah I just went to check youtube and the first video in my recommendations was a screenshot that could be a spoiler. I didn't stick around to see if it was just someone making up a fake thing but I think it might've been legit. It didn't give away anything I hadn't seen rumoured but I'll be keeping off there to avoid more.

1 minute ago, Gamora said:

Yeah I just went to check youtube and the first video in my recommendations was a screenshot that could be a spoiler. I didn't stick around to see if it was just someone making up a fake thing but I think it might've been legit. It didn't give away anything I hadn't seen rumoured but I'll be keeping off there to avoid more.

Def use incognito mode for Youtube that way your own personal video recommendations don't get mucked if you say searched "No Way Home" once and the algorithm thinks you're interested in more NWH vids. 

• Like 1