kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

Off topic: does everybody agree with Titanic doing 40ish? I feel like there's already a 3d backlash brewing and it will only get worse for an old property. I get younger audiences wanting to see the film in 3D, but I'm having trouble believing older audiences will be that excited about it.

I don't see it doing 40ish, none of the adults who are old enough to really have been there the first time around for Titanic, have any interest for the re-release bar a very select few, at least out of the people I know.

SSATURDAY 9:45 PM, 8TH UPDATE…EXCLUSIVE: My sources say this opening weekend’s North American grosses for Lionsgate’sThe Hunger Games are likely a humongous $150 million after making $68.2M Friday and $49M Saturday. That would be a record-setter: the 4th all-time biggest opening three-day weekend, beating all the Twilight Saga films but not 2008′sThe Dark Knight, and the highest non-sequel opening weekend ever, and the highest March opening weekend ever. The Twilight Saga: New Moon debuted to $142.8M in November 2009, andThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 opened to $138.1M in November 2011. Numbers refined later tonight.

He said runs, not openings.Also, it's silly that anyone gets bent out of shape because of a stranger's opinion of box office. That's my angle here.

Hey, people can think whatever they want. But how can you compare THG's run to anything? It's barely started. (FWIW, I don't think its run will be anything special, although its opening certainly is.) Edited by Telemachos

SSATURDAY 9:45 PM, 8TH UPDATE…EXCLUSIVE: My sources say this opening weekend’s North American grosses for Lionsgate’sThe Hunger Games are likely a humongous $150 million after making $68.2M Friday and $49M Saturday. That would be a record-setter: the 4th all-time biggest opening three-day weekend, beating all the Twilight Saga films but not 2008′sThe Dark Knight, and the highest non-sequel opening weekend ever, and the highest March opening weekend ever. The Twilight Saga: New Moon debuted to $142.8M in November 2009, andThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 opened to $138.1M in November 2011. Numbers refined later tonight.

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, just a few million more..... West Coast you can do this!!! Push it to higher than 51.3M

Huh? Nikki's almost never this early for Sat numbers.

Really? I always thought she came in with an evening and final in the am. But I guess I've never tracked BO as closely as I have Games. It's just such a unique phenomenon and with other movies you usually have a pretty solid ballpark figure.