charlie Jatinder

Monday Numbers (15-10-19)

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

How fitting that This Generation's Fight Club TM is at the top of the box office now.

Come on, I like Joker but it's not anywhere near the level of Fight Club. Just because people are gonna misinterpret it like they did Fight Club doesn't make them comparable. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Come on, I like Joker but it's not anywhere near the level of Fight Club. Just because people are gonna misinterpret it like they did Fight Club doesn't make them comparable. 

Both films are brilliant, Joker is already a classic and it's very far from just my opinion. Their reception is very similar (controversies, mixed critic reviews on its release, but overwhelmingly positive reactions from audiences), the only difference is that Joker is a big box office hit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, TMP said:

Nothing to do with quality (though I probably rate them similarly, with Joker a 7/10 and Fight Club an 8/10) - it's the interpretation and supposed affiliation with a certain segment of society.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

How far over 300m can this go??!?!

I think the question is the same domestic as overseas - were all the holds so far curiosity-driven WOM or well-received, potentially repeat viewings WOM? If it's the first, it might start hitting a wall and dropping faster, potentially leading to 10-15 million either side of 300 (some international markets dropped harder than we might have expected yesterday). This week will definitely shed more light. 

Joker

202 on Mon

16.75 Tue-Thu : 7.5 + 5 + 4.25

32.50 3rd weekend : 9.75 (+129%) + 13.5 (+38.5%) + 9.25 (-31.5%)

= 251.25

Adding 2.5x the 3rd weekend,

251.25 + 32.50*2.5 = 332.5 dom