Cap

SUR(VI)VOR Ep. 9: JUDY AT THE PALACE

A Teaser:

Spoiler

Yeti Cap waddles into the cave toward the open flame. A pensive face, half in darkness, looks upon her before bursting into laughter. She wildly gestures to "C'mon, C'mon."  

@Porthos raises. Kwishuuuuuuuuuu!

He walks toward Yeti Cap with his purple lightsaber.  Vrummmummmmm FVISH! The Yeti suit falls to the ground.

CAP: Ew.  It smells. That was such a bad idea.

PORTHOS: No worse than your next move.

CAP: Oh. That? That'll be fun, darling. You should come with me.

PORTHOS: I can not. I must continue my mediation exercises and training.

Cap puts her hand on Porthos's shoulder. 

CAP: Just remember the Tracking Thread will have your back when needed.

PORTHOS: I'm not hugging you. You need to shower.

CAP: I know. I'm gonna go do that right now. And then ruin some people's day. Good luck.

PORTHOS: Good luck.

As Cap walks out of the cave, and Porthos watches, both mutter to themselves: "You're gonna need it."

The Twist:

Spoiler

The remaining Survivors sit on the red stairs in Time Square.  Keanu and Sheikh seat a row above the group, off to themselves, giggling.  Thanos Legion dismisses tourists' requests for selfies.  ZeeSoh bites their button lip as they eye DAJK; he's lost in his whole world, texting a special someone.  

Standing, Rorschach and PanaMovie survey the situation.  

PANAMOVIE: Where is she?
RORSCHACH: She's a Yeti, so my guess? The mountain still.

PanaMovie is not convinced.  He keeps it to himself because --

Slam! walks toward them. 

SLAM!: Survivors, thank you for meeting me here.  Over the past few weeks, you've made this one a fun and memorable Survivor season.  All good things must come to an end.  This to Survivor 2.0

The contestants stare gobsmacked at their host.  

SLAM!: Over the past few weeks, I've had another ally.

PanaMovie's eyes widen as he understands what's coming next.

SLAM!: A secret co-host who's ready to reveal themselves.  They're waiting for you at The Palace.  

SLAM! gestures to the theater across the square.  The contestants make a run for it.  Spaghetti leaps over the tables and chairs to get out in front of the pack.  JJ-8 and Chasmmi quick on his heels.  Everyone darts through the lobby and barrels down the center aisle.  A single spotlight lights a dark stage, and in the spotlight stands:

CAPTAINWONDYFUL.

Wrath and Spaghetti hold Claire back as she reaches for her earrings.  Everyone else freezes, stunned.

CLAIRE: You ---

SHEIKH: What is the meaning of this?
CLAIRE: YOU --

PANAMOVIE: I knew it.
WRATH: Aren't you a Yeti?
KEANU: I liked her better as a Yeti.

ZEESOH: Oh, Craaa ---

CLAIRE: YOUUUUUUU -- 

CAP: Yes. Me. Who else would it be?

Cap and Thanos Legion lock eyes.  

CAP: I've watched you all over the past weeks. I know your strengths and weakness. Your dreams and aspirations.  Your fears and weakness. I know all about your alliances.  Your secret alliances.  Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Cap gestures to the theater around her.

CAP: Welcome, Survivors, to the legendary Palace Theater.  In its early years, it was the tops of vaudeville theater.  On May 1, 1941, real cinema premiered here a little film called Citizen Kane.  It would continue as a Broadway Theater staging two of my personal favorites, La Cage Aux Folles and Beauty and the Beast.  But.  But.  None of that compared to October 1951, when Ms. Judy Garland staged a record-breaking nineteen-week comeback concert series.

CAP: For your reward challenge this week, I hope you understand my wondrous thrill.  Cause Vaudevilles back at the Palace, and you are on the bill.

Cap ignores the groans from the contestants.

CAP: In your teams, you will perform one musical number inspired by this week's box office. Birds of Prey, you have Joker. Black Order, you have Gemini Man. Howling Commandos, you have Judy. Rockin' Robots, you have Addams Family. Slam! and I will give you until we return from Oklahoma! to rehearse. 

Cap waves ta-ta.  She hops off he stage, links her arm with SLAM!, and they start up the aisle.

SLAM! turns around to tell the contestants one more thing:

SLAM!: Oh, and, they'll be an extra special guest judge, so don't eff it up.

The teams scramble to grab the best rehearse space.

CLAIRE: This is MY STAGE.  Everyone else can exit to the LOBBY.  Birds of Prey Only.  Spaghetti, raid the wardrobe department for our costumes.  Elcaballero, get in that pit and work on our arrangement.  

This is HER moment.  She's going to seize it.

The Rockin' Robots exit into the wings, taking the stages down to some gutted dressing rooms.  

JJ-8: We got off easy. We just need to snap on key.  Dun-Dun-Dun DUM *SNAP* *SNAP* Dun-Dun-Dun DUM *SNAP* *SNAP*

They start practicing.

In the lobby, The Black Order plots. 

KEANU: We have to do CATS!
CHASMMI: CATS! has nothing to do with Gemini Man.

KEANU: It's CATS! And we need to impress CAP.

CHASMMI: ... We need to do CATS!  Thanos Legion?

Thanos Legion rolls a Playbill in his hands. 

Up in the balcony, the Howling Commandos howl.

SHEIKH: Did you know?
PANAMOVIE: I suspected something after the cave.

SHEIKH: Did YOU know?

ZEESOH: No.  She's testing us with Judy.  We're being set up to fail.

Three hours later, Cap and SLAM! return.  This time with @YourMother the Edgelord

DAJK can't help himself.  He runs to his beloved.  They embrace.

CAP: We found a friend at the show.

SLAM!: Who volunteered to be our very special guest judge.

THANOS LEGION: This upsets the balance of the game.  

CAP: It's Survivor 2.0.  

SLAM!: We found other friends as well. 

The usual suspects of the Franchise War Thread pile on in.

CAP:  Vaudeville was known for having a tough crowd.  Don't get a tomato tossed at you!

SLAM!: It's Thank You, Five, ladies and gents.  We'll start with Bird of Prey.

The Reward Challenge:

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Bids of Prey enter representing Joker.  Dresses in fabulous bling, Claire takes center stages.  She channels her warrior fiercest by calling on the Goddesses of Rita Ora and X-Tina.  Her back-up dancers teammates flank her, dressed in their Best Drag.  They begin:

SLAM!: Bravo!  BRAVO!  Claire you outdid yourself!

CAP: It has everything I love.  Excellent, ladies.
YOURMOTHER:  Only one problem.

SLAM! AND CAP: OH?

YOURMOTHER: It's not about the Joker.

CLAIRE: IT'S DC COMICS!

YOURMOTHER: Joker isn't part of the larger universe.  As impressive as your routine is, it fails to meet the challenge requirements.
SLAM!:  The judges need to confer.

After several minutes of discussion:

CAP:  Birds of Prey, the judges award you 88.66% ACCURACY.  TWO COINS AWARDED TO CLAIRE.

Claire storms off -- muttering about how she KNEW she should have done Christina's Birds of Prey --  her team chasing behind her.  

Next up, comes Rockin' Robots representing The Addams Family.  YourMother sets up in his seat, ready to be impressed.  And he is!  The Rockin' Robots come out on stage covered head to toe in Black & White Make Up.  They look like they just popped out of a 1960's TV Show.  The audience is gagging.

And they begin:

YOURMOTHER: 10/10.  STUNNING!!!!!

SLAM!: I just wish the performance had lived up to the Make Up.

CAP: I'm a bit disappointed you didn't tackle a song from the Musical
YOURMOTHER: The Musical Was Terrible.  This was a classic choice.

The judges confer:

CAP: Rockin' Robots, the judges award you 85.96% accuracy.  TWO COINS TO DAJK.

Our current standings:

Birds of Prey 86.67
Rockin Robots 85.96

Next Up comes out the Howling Commandos representing Judy.  They dim the lights and all three sit on the edge of the stage right.  Captainwondyful grips SLAM!'s wrist.  She knows what's coming:

CAP: Well played, team.  Well played.

SLAM!: I don't know.  I feel it was blatant pandering and not up to Judy's standards.
YOURMOTHER: It did lack some of her Truth.

The judges confer:

CAP: Howling Amazons, the judges award you 89.91% accuracy.  TWO COINS AWARDED TO PANAMOVIE.

Our current standings:

Howling Amazons 89.91%
Birds of Prey 86.67%
Rockin Robots 85.96%

Last on the stage: The Black Order representing Gemini Man.

CAP: This is for the Reward Win.  You need at least a ninety.

Thanos Legion tosses a CANDY APPLE on the stage.

THANOS: Will this do?
SLAM!:  It will.

Chasmmi and Keanu enter to help Thanos Legion.  

THANOS:  No.  I'll do it myself.

And he does:

The audience stands and applauses.

The judges confer.

CAP: Black Order, the judges award you 92.09% accuracy.

The current standings:

Black Order 92.09
Howling Amazons 89.91
Birds of Prey 86.67
Rockin Robots 85.96

The Reward Challenge Results:

Spoiler

SLAM!: Congratulations, Black Order! 

The Team Scores were:

Black Order 92.09
Howling Amazons 89.91
Birds of Prey 86.67
Rockin Robots 85.96

You won the Reward Challenge!  Keanu and Chas will receive THREE COINS and Thanos, with an impressive 93.65% accuracy, will receive FIVE COINS.

Tuck Shop Current Balance
15 Thanos Legion
15 ZeeSoh
12 Claire of Themyscira
12 DAJK
11 Sheikh
11 Spaghetti
11 Chasmmi
10 Rorschach
9 JJ-8
9 Keanu
8 PanaMovie
7 Wrath
5 Elcaballero

TUCK SHOP

ITEM PRICE REWARD
Candy Apple 3 Coins 2% boost to your average prediction
Recycle Pad 5 Coins Doubles your Tribal Council vote
Rotten Apple 5 Coins Reduces other player's average by -2%. Can be used for weekly challenges or second immunity
Copy Machine 8 Coins Steal the score of ANY player for a weekend challenge

HOW TO REDEEM
Indicate which item you want to use when you send in your weekly or immunity predictions

HOW TO OBTAIN
THREE COINS to Winning Team of weekend challenge
TWO COINS to Highest Scoring Member of each team
In the case that a player who did not send in predictions is on the winning team, that player will not receive tuck shop coins.

AFTERMATH:

Spoiler

PANAMOVIE: But wait.

PanaMovie steps forward.  

PANAMOVIE: Cap keeps saying the Reward Challenge.  

RORSCHACH: It's normally a Reward AND Immunity Challenge.

Cap smiles as she taps her finger on her nose.

CAP: Yahtzee.  There will be no Immunity Challenge this week, because are merging --

EVERYONE GASPS.

SLAM!: Into Two tribes.

CAP: And the contestant with the lowest score -- regardless of if they were on the winning Rewards Challenge Team -- will be eliminated.

PanaMovie and Rorschach let out a string of curses.

CAP: If I call your name, you're on THE GENE KELLYS

Spoiler

THE GENE KELLYS

With Weekly Individual Scores

@DAJK 89.64%

@elcaballero 83.16%

@JJ-8 82.01%

@Keanu 90.28%

@Thanos Legion 91.65% + 2% = 93.65%

@ZeeSoh 90.05%

SLAM!: If I call your name, you're on THE FRED ASTAIRES

Spoiler

THE FRED ASTAIRES

With Weekly Individual Scores

@chasmmi 92.34%

@Claire of Themyscira 89.91%

@PanaMovie 90.76%

@Rorschach 86.23%

@Sheikh 88.91%

@Wrath 86.03%

@Spaghetti stands in the center of the stage, alone.

DAJK covers his mouth.  He clings to YourMother, who still hasn't left.  Keanu wipes away a tear.  Even Thanos Legion looks like someone gutted him.

JJ8: No, Not Spaghetti.

CAP: I'm sorry, Spaghetti.  You have the lowest score of 79.55%.

SPAGHETTI: It's okay.  It's going to be okay. Lucy in the Sky didn't let me soar.

SLAM!: Spaghetti, we wouldn't be here without you.  So you're not done just yet.

CAP: You will submit predictions for next week.  Along with one name.

You will go head to head with that person.  If you score HIGHER than your sudden death opponent, you take their place in the game.  If you lose, you go home.

You can use ANY Tuck Shop Resources Available to you.  You do not need to reveal your pick to anyone but Cap.  Choose wisely.

Because we will STILL have a regular tribal choice next week.  Team with the lowest score will go to Tribal, and someone will be voted off the Island... of Manhattan.

SLAM!:  That's all we have for you.  The Gene Kellys, you're camping it out at the Hotel Carter.  The Fred Astaires, you're at the New World Hotel.  And Spaghetti, your accommodations will be in here.

SLAM! hands Spaghetti a note.

CAP:  Have a good week.  Weekend Predictions will be due THURSDAY at 11:59PM PST.  You will find those in the post below.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

NEXT EPISODE DETAILS

BY THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2019 AT 11:59PM PST, PLEASE SUBMIT TO CAPTAINWONDYFUL VIA PM:

Weekend Totals For:

Gemini Man

Jexi

JoJo Rabbit

Judy

The Lighthouse

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

Parasite

Zombieland: Double Tap

*Note: If The Lighthouse doesn't release theater info, replace it with Addams Family.

Tuck Stop Info:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tuck Shop Current Balance
15 @Thanos Legion
15 @ZeeSoh
12 @Claire of Themyscira
12 @DAJK
11 @chasmmi
11 @Sheikh
11 @Spaghetti
10 @Rorschach
9 @JJ-8
9 @Keanu
8 @PanaMovie
7 @Wrath
5 @elcaballero

TUCK SHOP

ITEM PRICE REWARD
Candy Apple 3 Coins 2% boost to your average prediction
Recycle Pad 5 Coins Doubles your Tribal Council vote
Rotten Apple 5 Coins Reduces other player's average by -2%. Can be used for weekly challenges or second immunity
Copy Machine 8 Coins Steal the score of ANY player for a weekend challenge

HOW TO REDEEM
Indicate which item you want to use when you send in your weekly or immunity predictions

HOW TO OBTAIN
THREE COINS to Winning Team of weekend challenge
TWO COINS to Highest Scoring Member of each team
In the case that a player who did not send in predictions is on the winning team, that player will not receive tuck shop coins.

REMEMBER:

Spaghetti has access to all his Tuck Shop items, and you will not know if he targeted you until the results at Tribal on Monday!  Have a great week!

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

A Teaser:

Reveal hidden contents

I never said I was entering the game.  :ph34r:  Just alluding to the very real fact that Big Changes were coming.

Will I make a future cameo in this season of Survivor?  Have to keep tuning in to find out. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Astonished 2

Also a note on future scoring.  Thanks to @Jason, I built a spreadsheet that automatically totals the averages for each player and the team.  Because of this, you can't score "ZERO" anymore.  If you score 15% accuracy on a prediction, you will be scored as 15% not 0%.  Just if anyone has any questions why some totals might be slightly off.  

• Astonished 1

Since I have had some questions about this:

A person can use as many tuck shop items as they want in a week. If there a concern that will happen, all I can say is that I would strategize for that.  

In case of a tie, we will go to a sudden death single prediction where no one can use tuck shop items. 

One of the things about the TV show is it’s not just who wins the immunity challenges; it’s also a strategic and social game. I wanted to bring a little bit of that to the table. It is also known for big twists and sudden power shifts designed to keep the contestants on their toes. One day you are a Prince, next day you are a Pauper. 

You can spend the next 24 hours plotting against me and this move all you want. I love it. Shake me to my core when I Total the results. Fight back. Alliance up. Send Spaghetti home. Or take it as an opportunity to get out your biggest threat.  This won’t be the last of the big power moves that will be available as the season goes on. 

Good Luck. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, SLAM! said:

I think this game is in really good hands. :cloud9:

I am going to try. 

I think this is where I confess that my Dad and I watched the very first season of Survivor together in 2000, and have been watching together on and off since. I will endeavor to Probst this up and bring all the shenanigans. 

sad jeff probst GIF by CBS

And thank you for starting this season off in such a crazy and fantastic fashion.  I got super stressed last night, cause I needed to make sure it was up to your standards!

• Like 3

@Claire of Themyscira @chasmmi @DAJK @elcaballero @JJ-8 @Keanu @PanaMovie @Sheikh @Spaghetti @Thanos Legion @Wrath @ZeeSoh

UPDATE:

I have received several clarification emails about how to use tuck shop items for the upcoming weekend challenge and sudden death showdown.  My first instinct was to let it be a strategic free-for-all.  Only a couple emails have pointed out that might result in an Auto-Win or a Tie.

I slept on it.  I consulted with @SLAM!  I slept on it some more.

This is what we came up with:

1. A player can purchase and use as many tuck shop items as they have coins for.

2. A player can use the tuck shop items on themselves and/or on another player(s).

3A. A copy machine can not be used AGAINST someone in a head to head battle of any kind.

3B. A copy machine can only COPY a player's base score.  In order-of-operations, it will be resolved first.

What this means is:

The Avengers are playing Survivor: Steve, Tony, Thor, Nat.

Tony is the eliminated player vying to get back in the game.

He chooses Steve as his opponent.

He CAN NOT choose to copy Steve's score.

Between Thor and Nat, Tony knows that Nat traditionally scores higher than Thor, AND higher than Steve.

Tony CAN use Nat's score against Steve.

Alternatively

Nat, Steve and Thor  CAN NOT copy Tony's scores, because they would automatically be in a head-to-head showdown with Tony.

If Steve thought he was likely to be targeted, he COULD use a copy machine on Nat or Thor's scores to protect himself from Tony.

Steve and Tony can BOTH copy the same scores.  If they BOTH decide to use Nat's score, then candy or rotten apple each other, that would result in a tie.

In case of a tie, we will go to a sudden death single prediction where no one can use tuck shop items. 

Once the copy machine or copy machines are resolved, we apply any candy and rotten apples to determine a final score.

Immunity and Tribal Council will operate as normal.

Tuck Shop items purchased in preparation for the sudden-death head-to-head challenge will be honored when I tally the team scores.

Team with the highest score receives immunity.  Each member will receive three coins.  The highest scoring member will receive an additional two coins for a total of five.

Team with the lowest score will go to Tribal Council.  Highest Scorer receives Immunity.  Rest of the team will complete in an Immunity Challenge on Tuesday.  Tribal Revival on Wednesday night.   

NOTE: The winner of the sudden-death head-to-head challenge DOES NOT have AUTOMATIC immunity from Tribal Council if they end up on the losing team.  They will only receive immunity if they are the highest scorer or win the Tuesday immunity challenge.

I hope this clears things up.  

Good Luck!

Cap & SLAM!

One Other Note:

The Lighthouse theater count's has not been updated on BOM yet.  A quick Fandango search shows it appears to be larger release than just 2 or 3 theaters.  So we're going to still include that.  Your Picks this Week Should be:

Gemini Man

Jexi

JoJo Rabbit

Judy

The Lighthouse

Parasite

They are due Thursday, October 17, 2019 by 11:59PM PST / 2:59 AM EST / 3:59PM KST.  Please PM to @captainwondyful

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I love details :)  

I think I fully understand 3B. 

Regarding 3A, this example confuses me a bit (specifically the "automatically")

33 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Nat, Steve and Thor CAN NOT copy Tony's scores, because they would automatically be in a head-to-head showdown with Tony.

In reality Nat and Thor won't be in a head-to-head with Tony, but I suspect the intent  is that they can't use copy machine on Tony because they could potentially be in a head-to-head with him, from their perspective?  

Regarding 2, I have two clarification questions: 
Q1) can you use items on a challenge that you aren't a part of? For instance I'm on the GKs, if the FA's go to Tuesday immunity could I in theory use a candy/rotten to affect their Tuesday 2nd immunity, or a recycle pad to give one of them an extra vote in the council?   
Q2) Does this apply to the copy machine? E.g. could Alfred (usually a medium scorer) use a copy machine on Bruce (usually a high scorer) targeting Dick (usually a lower scorer) to overwrite Bruce's base score with Dick's for that challenge? This could be more damaging than a rotten, so it seems like a real consideration.    

Regarding 1), are you allowed to purchase multiple of the same item in the same week? Sounds like yes, just want to be sure.  

Oh actually one more: from way back when it was introduced by Slam, the Recycle Pad description has been:  

Doubles your Tribal Council vote

and in the case where you're going from 1 vote to 2, doubling and adding one are identical. But a literal reading would suggest that using multiple Recycle Pads at once would let you go from 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 votes, and I wanted to double check if that was really the intent or if multiple pads are supposed to work 1->2->3->4 votes.

• Like 1

Oh, one more than that, lol.   

If Spaghetti wins their secret head-to-head, is the score of their new team the average of the 5 other player's + the eliminated head-to-head loser who is currently on their team, or the average of the 5 other players+ the new team member Spaghetti?   

This 

55 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

NOTE: The winner of the sudden-death head-to-head challenge DOES NOT have AUTOMATIC immunity from Tribal Council if they end up on the losing team. They will only receive immunity if they are the highest scorer or win the Tuesday immunity challenge.

makes it sound like Spaghetti would be eligible for immunity/coins based on their new team if they win the head-to-head, so I'm guessing the head-to-head resolves fully before team stuff gets calculated, just want to be  totally clear on that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Regarding 3A, this example confuses me a bit (specifically the "automatically")

In reality Nat and Thor won't be in a head-to-head with Tony, but I suspect the intent  is that they can't use copy machine on Tony because they could potentially be in a head-to-head with him, from their perspective?

You read the intent correctly.  

Regarding 2, I have two clarification questions: 
Q1) can you use items on a challenge that you aren't a part of? For instance I'm on the GKs, if the FA's go to Tuesday immunity could I in theory use a candy/rotten to affect their Tuesday 2nd immunity, or a recycle pad to give one of them an extra vote in the council? 

You can use it on another person, but they must be on your team, or it must be during the merge.

Q2) Does this apply to the copy machine? E.g. could Alfred (usually a medium scorer) use a copy machine on Bruce (usually a high scorer) targeting Dick (usually a lower scorer) to overwrite Bruce's base score with Dick's for that challenge? This could be more damaging than a rotten, so it seems like a real consideration. 

If you want proof this game's now run by an angel and a devil:

SLAM!'s ruling: Sure. But it's a risk. It's a move that can lose that player a lot of respect. 

Cap's ruling: This sounds like a truly villainess move worth of Survivor. I love it.  

In short, yes, this applies to the copy machine.

Regarding 1), are you allowed to purchase multiple of the same item in the same week? Sounds like yes, just want to be sure.

Yes.  You can purchase multiples of the same item and use them in the same week.  If that is different than previous ruling, this ruling overrides the old rulings.  

Oh actually one more: from way back when it was introduced by Slam, the Recycle Pad description has been:  

and in the case where you're going from 1 vote to 2, doubling and adding one are identical. But a literal reading would suggest that using multiple Recycle Pads at once would let you go from 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 votes, and I wanted to double check if that was really the intent or if multiple pads are supposed to work 1->2->3->4 votes.

1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4

5 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Oh, one more than that, lol.   

If Spaghetti wins ...

Tony Stark got voted off the island, but is eligible to come back due to a head-to-head challenge.  From Natasha, Thor, and Steve, he chooses Steve Rogers as his opponent.

The raw scores are:

Tony: 90%

Steve: 85%

Natasha: 80%

Thor: 75%

After tuck shop shenanigans, the scores end up at:

Tony: 95% 

Steve: 80%

Natasha: 85%

Thor: 90%

Tony wins his head-to-head battle with Steve.

When we go to total the teams, we will use:

Tony: 95%

Natasha: 85%

Thor: 90%

Because Natasha and Thor used their tuck shop items to protect themselves, so they will have them for both a possible head-to-head battle and for the weekend challenge.

• Like 1

@Claire of Themyscira @chasmmi @DAJK @elcaballero @JJ-8 @Keanu @PanaMovie @Sheikh @Spaghetti @Thanos Legion @Wrath @ZeeSoh

This is your reminder than your predictions are due tonight at Thursday, October 17, 2019 by 11:59PM PST / 2:59 AM EST / 3:59PM KST.  Please PM to @captainwondyful

Couple Updates:

BOM has not updated its Theater Count, so I don't know if The Lighthouse is playing in 5, 50, or 500 theaters.  Fandango has a bunch of showings up, Lighthouse Thread says that it's just New York/LA.

Because of this, The Lighthouse will not count toward your averages this weekend.  We will only predict seven films.  

Gemini Man

Jexi

JoJo Rabbit

Judy

Parasite

People have asked what happened if multiple copy machines are used against a single target.  If that happens, the copy machines will be averaged together for a single score.

Tony copies Bruce's scores and gives them to Steve
Nat copes Tony's scores and gives them to Steve

Thor copies Nat's scores and gives them to Steve.

Steve's score is the average of Bruce, Tony, and Nat's score.  

So choose wisely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Let me make one thing perfectly clear.

I like all of you. I trust most of you. I have not finalized my decision on who to target, but it will not be an easy choice.

That said, it'll be remarkably easy to tell if any of you had sabotaged me. Let it be known that I do not forgive and forget easily. In this season or another, you're going to regret your betrayal. I recommend thinking twice before making a cruel, vicious move.

However, I do believe in karma. Perhaps that is sufficient.

Either way, I am making preparations for tonight. Come what may, I am ready for whatever happens.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 2

A TEASER

Cap enters The Cave, still only lit by the blazing fire.  Now two faces stare into the deeps of the embers. 

CAP: @Spaghetti --

Cap's mobile rings.

CAP: Um, hold on.

Cap takes the call.  She 'Uh huh's 'Yeah, that's right, yeah, Uh huh, uh huh, yeah, great, great' for about five minutes.

CAP: Sorry.  Spaghetti --

Cap's mobile goes off again.  Ping.  Ping.  Ping.  Ping.  Frantically, she taps at her phone.  

CAP: I just have to handle this --

Ping.  Ping.  Ping.

Spaghetti and @Porthos glares at each other, and then at Cap.  This wasn't in the script.  

PORTHOS: I feel a great disturbance in The Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

CAP: Only twelve.  And now we're done!

Ping.  Ping.  Ping.

CAP: [to Porthos] You still have your lightsaber?  [He nods] Okay, right now, both of you.

CUT TO:

Porthos with his lightsaber, Spaghetti with Cap's shield, and Cap with Mjolnir in an open field.

SPAGHETTI: Should you be using that?

CAP:  We'll find out!

She brings down the lightning on THE COPY MACHINE a la:

PORTHOS: Feeling better?

Cap just shrugs.

SPAGHETTI [aside to Porthos]: Should we tell her that's a printer and not THE copy machine?

Porthos shakes his head.

CUT TO, FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER, TAKE 2:

Cap enters The Cave, still only lit by the blazing fire.  Now two faces stare into the deeps of the embers. 

CAP: Spaghetti, it's time.

Spaghetti, in his Jedi Robe, raises from his place to approach his friend and foe.  He pulls down his robe to reveal mud war paint.

SPAGHETTI: During this week of self-reflection, I have sought wisdom in an old mentor, looked into the deeps of my soul, and walked through the mists of this cave.  I know what I need to do. 

CAP: SLAM! waits for you outside.  May the Force be with you.

Spaghetti walks out.  Cap turns to Porthos.

CAP: It's also time for you.

PORTHOS: No. Numbers, must I count.  

CAP: Soon.

PORTHOS: Soon.

A SHOWDOWN AT THE PALACE

The Gene Kellys ( @Thanos Legion, @ZeeSoh, @Keanu, @elcaballero, @JJ-8, @DAJK)enter and sit in the front row stage right.  The Fred Astaires ( @chasmmi, @Claire of Themyscira, @PanaMovie, @Rorschach, @Sheikh, @Wrath )enter and sit in the front row stage left.  SLAM!, Cap, and Spaghetti walk down the center aisle up to center stage.

SLAM!: Spaghetti, your envelope please.

Spaghetti hands SLAM! a sealed envelope with the name of his showdown opponent.

CAP: Before we open it, do you have any finale words.

SPAGHETTI [to the Contestants]:  Let me make one thing perfectly clear.

SPAGHETTI: I like all of you. I trust most of you. This was not an easy choice.  That said, it'll be remarkably easy to tell if any of you had sabotaged me. Let it be known that I do not forgive and forget easily. In this season or another, you're going to regret your betrayal.

SPAGHETTI: I recommend thinking twice before making a cruel, vicious move.  However, I do believe in karma. Perhaps that is sufficient.

Claire, Zeesoh, and Sheikh nod.  Wrath squirms.  PanaMovie and Rorschach do not look at Spaghetti's eyes.

SLAM! opens the envelope.

SLAM!: Spaghetti chose:

Spoiler

ELCABALLERO!

They stand.  They walk up to face Spaghetti on the stage.

CAP: Are you ready?

OPPONENT: I am.

CAP: I have both of your scores in my hand.  I am going to reveal them one by one.  Before I do, do either of you want to turn in any tuck shop items?

OPPONENT: I do not.  I believe my scores will see my through.

SPAGHETTI: I do.  

Spaghetti turns in THREE CANDY APPLES.

SLAM!:  These ARE candy apples purchased from the tuck shop.  Spaghetti will add +6% to his scores.

CAP: I will reveal the scores.  First we start with Maleficent: Mistress of Evil:

Spoiler

Spoiler

ELCABALLERO SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 98.79 98.79%

SPAGHETTI SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 91.94 91.94%

CAP: Elcaballero takes the early lead.

Next, Zombieland: Double Tap:

Spoiler

Spoiler

ELCABALLERO SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 98.79 98.79%
Zombieland 93.27 96.03%

SPAGHETTI SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 91.94 91.94%
Zombieland 97.45 94.66%

SLAM!: Elcaballero maintains the lead, but Spaghetti's narrowing the gap.

And, Parasite:

Spoiler

Spoiler

ELCABALLERO SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 98.79 98.79%
Zombieland 93.27 96.03%
Parasite 88.67 93.58%

SPAGHETTI SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 91.94 91.94%
Zombieland 97.45 94.66%
Parasite 89.90 93.10%

CAP: We're almost neck and neck.

She turns to the contestants.  

CAP: Before we gathered today, I asked if any of you wanted to use your tuck stop items.  Now would be the time to do so.

Claire of Themyscira stands.  She glares at elcaballero as she walks up the stairs, to Cap, and hands her a sealed envelope.  

CLAIRE: These were supposed to secrets, but I don't play like that. I grant a Candy Apple to Spaghetti.  

Claire turns to Elcaballero.

CLAIRE: I would have won that Judy At the Palace Challenge if not for you.  This is what you get for Trashing the Birds of Prey.

She blows Spaghetti a kiss as she takes her seat.

SLAM!: Anyone else?  

Rorschach stands.

RORSCHACH: I want to play with the best.

He hands Cap an envelope.

Lastly, Thanos Legion stands.  The other contestants widen their eyes as he wordless walks to Cap and hands her an envelope.

CAP: I thought you valued balance above all.

THANOS: Not about strategy. 

CAP: Let's continue.

And Gemini Man:

Spoiler

Spoiler

ELCABALLERO SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 98.79 98.79%
Zombieland 93.27 96.03%
Parasite 88.67 93.58%
Gemini Man 80.68 90.35%

SPAGHETTI SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 91.94 91.94%
Zombieland 97.45 94.66%
Parasite 89.90 93.10%
Gemini Man 84.24 90.88%

SLAM!: Spaghetti has taken the lead --

CAP: With a +8% from candy apples.  And two envelopes left to read.

SLAM!: Elcaballero, it's now up to you, will your scores be enough?

And JoJo Rabbit:

Spoiler

Spoiler

ELCABALLERO SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 98.79 98.79%
Zombieland 93.27 96.03%
Parasite 88.67 93.58%
Gemini Man 80.68 90.35%
JoJo Rabbit 85.82 89.45%

SPAGHETTI SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 91.94 91.94%
Zombieland 97.45 94.66%
Parasite 89.90 93.10%
Gemini Man 84.24 90.88%
JoJo Rabbit 75.5 87.80%

There's a GASP from the other contestants.

CAP: That was a huge miss, Spaghetti.  I'm sorry, you're now 1.65% behind.

And Jexi:

Spoiler

Spoiler

ELCABALLERO SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 98.79 98.79
Zombieland 93.27 96.03
Parasite 88.67 93.58
Gemini Man 80.68 90.35
JoJo Rabbit 85.82 89.45
Jexi 85.94 88.86

SPAGHETTI SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 91.94 91.94
Zombieland 97.45 94.66
Parasite 89.9 93.1
Gemini Man 84.24 90.88
JoJo Rabbit 75.5 87.8
Jexi 90.85 88.31

SLAM!:  Spaghetti, you are .55% behind Elcaballero.
CAP: Now, it's time to reveal the last two envelopes. 

SLAM! opens envelope #1.

SLAM!: Another +2% to Spaghetti.  He will add +10% to his base score.

SLAM! opens envelope #2.

SLAM!: ANOTHER +2% to Spaghetti.  He will add +12% to his base score.

CAP: And, the winner is, with the score from my beloved Judy:

Spoiler

Spoiler

ELCABALLERO SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 98.79 98.79%
Zombieland 93.27 96.03%
Parasite 88.67 93.58%
Gemini Man 80.68 90.35%
JoJo Rabbit 85.82 89.45%
Jexi 85.94 88.86%
Judy 86.00 88.45%

SPAGHETTI SCORE TOTAL
Maleficent 91.94 91.94%
Zombieland 97.45 94.66%
Parasite 89.90 93.10%
Gemini Man 84.24 90.88%
JoJo Rabbit 75.50 87.80%
Jexi 90.85 88.31%
Judy 92.99 88.98%

CAP: CONGRATULATIONS, SPAGHETTI!  Even without your candy apples, you won by a mere .53 points!

SLAM!: With your impressive +12% from the candy apples, your total score is 100.98%!

CAP: You'll join The Gene Kellys for the next Immunity Challenge.

SLAM!: That means, I'm sorry, elcaballero, you have been eliminated from Survivor.

elcaballero glares at Claire.  

ELCABELLERO: It's been a pleasure playing with all of you, but I see you all have made your choice.  

They hold their head up high, cross the square to shake Spaghetti's hand, and walk away down Broadway into the sunset.

CAP: Rest up Survivors.  Tomorrow, bright and early, is your Immunity Challenge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 4