TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

On 12/31/2022 at 7:22 PM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The former tends to lead into the latter. Just take a look at what happened to the original Transformers films.

I'm not expecting much from The Flash either to be honest. Audiences are smart enough to spot storytelling dead ends as proven by Dark Phoenix's utter collapse back in 2019, and pretty much all of DC's movies for the coming year are.

I do agree about Kang. His only appearance is in a TV show not everyone might have seen, and that wasn't even the actual guy. He's still a niche character.

Note that none of my comments about this movie's financial prospects actually reflect my opinion on the movie itself. It honestly looks refreshingly great and harkens back to the stories we used to get in Phase 3. I just think the average whoever is starting to get tired of these movies.

The stories we used to get in phase 3? What stories were that? Cause phaae 4 had the same stories

On 1/2/2023 at 5:12 PM, XXR the Conqueror said:

Could be a myriad of people really. Basically anyone we know is coming in Phase 4, 5 and 6. The problem is we just don't have a clue who will be involved and who will be conveniently absent. I assume the "main" heroes would be Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Thor, Spider-Man, Shang Chi and Black Panther. All of the newer heroes would fill in spaces. 

With Thor, CapSam, Spidey, Guardiana,Strange and Scarlett Kang dinasty will be able to Pass 1.5B easily.

I think its Dom-OS ratio will be 43:57, 280–370. I can't imagine this doing less than Shang-Chi at the Dom box office. If this does less than Shang-Chi, then it would mean that SC got the benefit of multiverse hype.

Edited by Factcheck

12 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

With Thor, CapSam, Spidey, Guardiana,Strange and Scarlett Kang dinasty will be able to Pass 1.5B easily.

No indication that the current Guardians are sticking around past Guardians V3.  Scarlett who? 

Scarlett J is done with Black Widow and Marvel for now, too.  Scarlett Witch, she "dead" too, yo... 😁 

If there is a cameo-heavy entry, SECRET WARS will be it. 

Edited by Macleod

I watched Ant Man and the Wasp the other night for a refresher and I think it’s one of the better “solo” entries. The CGI is great, especially compared to the 2022 films Marvel offered up, which all had some “jeez that’s shockingly bad” VFX moments. 

The third act is also a chase scene, which was refreshing from the usual standard fighting. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Yes, and that means that they are interested in Loki's storyline. Loki's finale was all about He Who Remains, played by Jonathan Majors, who is now playing his variant, Kang, the main antagonist in Ant-Man 3. So yes, Loki's popularity should be reflected in Ant-Man 3's box office performance.

Cross post so we can discuss in the appropriate thread

There will definitely be some crossover because of Loki. I would’ve watched Antman anyways, but Loki got me more excited for it. It’s still an Antman movie though. Not a Loki movie. So who knows if everyone that watched Loki cares enough about Kang to really say that Loki’s popularity should be reflected here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Cross post so we can discuss in the appropriate thread

There will definitely be some crossover because of Loki. I would’ve watched Antman anyways, but Loki got me more excited for it. It’s still an Antman movie though. Not a Loki movie. So who knows if everyone that watched Loki cares enough about Kang to really say that Loki’s popularity should be reflected here.

Moreover, how would we even gauge it one way or the other? The MCU film base is at least 10M people in the US. I'm guessing a large majority of that number watched Loki. How many people who watched Loki weren't going to see Ant-Man anyway? Is it 20%? 40%? It's not like Ant-Man is Shang Chi and Loki is Ms. Marvel. They're already known quantities before the film/series. 

• Like 2

@KrissykinsYou don't need to watch Ant-Man 3 to understand Loki, but I don't think there will be any payoff for you if you watch only Loki and skip Ant-Man 3, as Loki S01 has setup Ant-Man 3 and Ant-Man 3 is leading into Avengers Kang Dynasty. And Loki's season 1 and 2 ultimate payoff will be Kang Dynasty & Secret Wars.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I thought Ryan cooler was doing that.

It's more like in the leadup to Wakanda Forever, and to a bit of a less extent after, his name was tossed around a lot. But there's been little official indication. I do think it could be between Coogler and Reed though. I believe Feige will go with an in-house option, and those are really the only two credible ones left to pick from. And I don't know how "in house" Coogler really is, whereas Peyton Reed is much more engrained across Disney.

Edited by OncomingStorm93

There is a description for tomorrow's trailer floating around on the MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit. I'll just say that it's a hell of a lot more revealing than Marvel's usual marketing. There is one major reveal in particular that's apparently actually in the trailer which I was sure they'd save for the movie. Fingers crossed there won't be any deceptive cockteasing like there was for Multiverse of Madness.