TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

11 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

it's gonna be a huge success anyways. Maybe like not in the levels of Wolverine like someone was hoping but it's gonna be big just for the first 2 couple of weeks hype.

Probably  won't be Oscar material in the big categories but who cares. 

These type of reviews being a month out never helped.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

First one had a 75 score with 18 reviews 

i remember being super duper excited when I saw the first one had a 9.15 average critic score on MC; the movie ended up leaving me whelmed, but excitedly reading all the reviews that led to that 9.15 score sure was fun

that afternoon, I was convinced I was a few weeks away from watching a revolutionary movie 

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Joker Reviews - Metacritic (archive.org)

got to 75 it seems; many mixed reviews but also a good amount of "masterpiece" ones 

There was plenty of raves.

100:

IGN

Total Film

Time Out

Empire

CineVue

The Guardian

Original-Cin

Film Threat

90:

Variety

Screen Daily

Rolling Stone
Chicago Sun-Times

83:

The Playlist

Uproxx

80:

The Hollywood Reporter

The Observer, etc..

Phoenix won't be nominated at the Oscars.  Critics are like "good but does the same thing". They're not gonna nominate a copy of something already awarded.

Gaga is helped by being supporting. Some are writing the movie doesn't give her that much of a spotlight, i'm not reading particular things about her but still coud have chances especially if the movie is a success anyways. We need to see how the award season evolves and if there are names still not in the spotlight will emerge. 

If they really wasted lady gaga, there goes TP career as "prestige" filmmaker. This is the best a=match of celebrity talent to character since Nicholson's Joker.

Honestly very few of the positive reviews are major raves, I didn't necessarily love Joker but at least it was interesting and divisive in its way, this just sounds kinda boring tbh. What about it is edgy or cool this time?

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

If they really wasted lady gaga, there goes TP career as "prestige" filmmaker. This is the best a=match of celebrity talent to character since Nicholson's Joker.

He was overrated always, ripping off Scorsese worked once.

I will wait for audience reactions on this one.

We all remember the reactions to the first Joker from the critics. Yes the majority of critics liked it but the negative backlash from some critics and the major pushing for it to fail I am not forgetting it.

Edited by stephanos13

2 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

He was overrated always, ripping off Scorsese worked once.

Let's not go with this stupid parroting again, TheDarkSamurai already said it very well. And this one has nothing to do with Scorsese.

Edited by Firepower