TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

The Tracking domestically for this thing has dropped really dramatically over the last few months.  Now I'm hearing between 50-60?  What in the world is going on.   This is huge shocker if "Beetlejuice" ends up having the biggest opening for WB this year.   OS might have to save the day for this.  

6 hours ago, XenoMorph said:

Have a compadre tell my movie group to cancel his tickets for this weekend because he heard the film is terrible. We're all switching to , no joke, Wild Robot now. Guess I'll watch Joker by myself. 🤷‍♂️

You should watch the wild robot over this x million tbh, compadre is cookin’

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

This is probably the first actually interesting review with some thoughtful ideas that i read (and it’s a middling one, which is fitting because i don’t believe in this best ever / worst ever that is so common in criticism now).

https://letterboxd.com/damooney/film/joker-folie-a-deux/

Great review, this thread needs some nuance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

I think this will be in the C range as well. I wouldn't be shocked if it got a D+ but I highly doubt it.

A D+ CinemaScore for a comic book movie would be impossible, considering that even Fant4stic got a CinemaScore in the C range ( C- )

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

What's the last CBM other than Morbius/Madame Web to get B-? 

It's very rare to see a CBM getting a CinemaScore lower than a B

Hellboy ( 2004 ) and Dark Phoenix got a B-

In the C range, there are Batman and Robin, Jonah Hex, Morbius, Madame Web, Spawn all with a C+

Hellboy ( 2019 ) and Superman 4 got a C

Fant4stic and The Spirit got a C-, which is the lowest CinemaScore for this kind of movie

Even Catwoman got a B. Joker 2 would need to be downright offensive and insulting and insane to get a lower CinemaScore than Fant4stic. Not possible, imo.

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

A D+ CinemaScore for a comic book movie would be impossible, considering that even Fant4stic got a CinemaScore in the C range ( C- )

I mean, there’s no law of physics that you can’t get a cinemascore below Fant4stic

• Like 1

I rarely go to movies in the theater anymore ... but I loved the first movie and was excited to see this in theaters all year

... and now ... I will not be seeing it ... my excitement got so low due to bad buzz that I just allowed myself to have the film spoiled and I'm glad I did.

... not every film needs a sequel ... and this CLEARLY seems to be one of those examples.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, noobmaster69 said:

It's early popcornmeter are similar to madame web, but it's an r rated movie, so c+/c.

Yeaaah I don't see it crossing 100M DOM

Serious prediction currently thinking like 7*6.8*1.9 for 90-91 ish

The original Joker did 335, this would be a very similar drop to Alice which went from 334 to 78

Edited by HummingLemon496