TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

1 hour ago, joselowe said:

@Firepower can you please come spin this into a positive?

These WOM reviews have me on edge! 

Why should I? I'm not denying that overall reception is terrible. This movie is an anomaly, I don't think anyone expected this kind of hatred across the board and I don't think I've seen a situation like this in a long time.

Edited by Firepower

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Too bad there's no Taxi Driver 2 to copy.

This would've been a homerun.

TBH, the first movie felt much more "King of Comedy" than Taxi Driver. Doing a sequel that mainly drew from Great Escape (for the Arkham escape plan) and the Batman Telltale game (former Arkham inmates form a criminal gang to hunt down/mutilate Harvey) would've absolutely worked though.

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Yeah, I expected nearly a billion as well. If Venom 3 collapses (the exact opposite of this movie), I might just have to throw any logic out of the window and do random predictions.

With Joker collapsing, Venom will greatly benefit as the only other CBM choice this October. Moving it to one week earlier ended up being a really smart, hell it could have been 2 weeks earlier if they had seen how badly Joker would do.

Edited by Mojoguy

10 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Right now, I’m more annoyed by him allegedly trying to make Reeves’ Batman the official Batman of Gunn’s DCU.

Speaking of Zaslav, does it seem weird to anyone else that for all the possible candidates he approached to run DC, Matt Reeves seemingly wasn’t one of them? He asked Todd Phillips, Dan Lin and Kevin Feige (lol) before settling on Gunn and Safran, but Reeves was apparently never on his radar? 

On 9/11/2024 at 9:17 AM, TomThomas said:

There's so much doom, gloom and concern trolling here I actually expect it to have a much better reception than people predict now and then average Joe looking for excuses why they didn't show up after watching it on Max later this year.

It's 62% on RT with 6.6 avg so far with hundreds more to go and yet this thread feels like it got Borderlands/The Crow reviews.

So...about that.