TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

After all of this, at least we’re finally getting new Gaga electronic bangers 

Thanks Todd

I guess she forgot about that CD she cut with Tony Benett.....

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah, it’s kinda sad the path Hollywood is following trying to make easy money. 

I wouldn't say easy money, not everytime Internet Super fans and general audience agree with each other. 

Hollywood will learn it the hard way.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I just realized something amazing

This means that @Mulder was completely correct when he said in November (11 months ago) that Joker 2 would have a Marvels level drop off:

His comment got zero likes, whereas the comment from @Bob Train insisting it would be massive got 8 likes:

In defense of @Bob Train He had solid evidence to back his prediction up.  It is not like the rest of us have never been wrong about predicting the box office.

Still it and all the likes does show a crucial reason WB greenlit this with a 190M budget, is so many people thought it would be another big hit.

31 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I wouldn't say easy money, not everytime Internet Super fans and general audience agree with each other. 

Hollywood will learn it the hard way.

Hollywood stoped listening to fans at all and lost tons of money

Now they gonna listen to super fans and lose more 

XD 

28 minutes ago, Human said:

In defense of @Bob Train He had solid evidence to back his prediction up.  It is not like the rest of us have never been wrong about predicting the box office.

Still it and all the likes does show a crucial reason WB greenlit this with a 190M budget, is so many people thought it would be another big hit.

I mean when i heard it was a musical I knew this would crash a lot from Joker 1.

The audience for these films arent really the musical type

The only way Joker 2 was gonna do anywhere near 300 domestic would if it was Joker Unleashed. 

Edited by Torontofan

1 hour ago, Torontofan said:

I mean when i heard it was a musical I knew this would crash a lot from Joker 1.

The audience for these films arent really the musical type

The only way Joker 2 was gonna do anywhere near 300 domestic would if it was Joker Unleashed. 

It being a musical isnt even the main reason this thing is tanking now which is hilarious because we genuinely thought that was gonna be the biggest problem this movie would face. 

Didn't expect to drop this hard on RT. This saga Is very unique in this. I mean sometimes happens something in a festival or shown in a limited preview starts with some reviews and they drop a little bit when It's all done. But this going from 64% to 39%...from like ok territory to very bad territory 

Just now, vale9001 said:

Didn't expect to drop this hard on RT. This saga Is very unique in this. I mean sometimes happens something in a festival or shown in a limited preview starts with some reviews and they drop a little bit when It's all done. But this going from 64% to 39%...from like ok territory to very bad territory 

It was so bad that it was clear to me. I think we will see 65-75%+ drops and something like 50 mill OW and 100-110 mill total

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I've done the calculation:

If this movie goes below $90,848,755 domestically, then "Joker 2 will be the biggest movie of 2024 domestically AND worldwide" club will fail worse than the "Top Gun: Maverick below $100M domestic" club

I wish i risked the "joker 2 OW under It ends with Us OW" club.

That would have deserved 10 years of a premium account here for free.