Eric Loves Rey

GOLDEN GLOBES 2020 DISCUSSION THREAD | 1917 and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood win

4 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

After winning Picture and Director here, could 1917 go on to become the frontrunner? It goes wide in a week, so presuming it is nominated at PGA/DGA/Oscars, it could really develop momentum for the Oscar win.

Peace,

Mike

Yes. As far as I can tell, at this point, it looks to be either 1917 or Hollywood for Best Picture. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

That's a good ad for 1917 but I just don't see it being a huge contender in either BP or BD. 

All the acting awards seem to default to frontrunners but I'm really not here for Zellweger's second oscar after I saw that movie. It would be fine if it was her first "career" achievement award, but she already won for another basic baity performance her first time. 

About the BP frontrunners not much changed. OUATIH still looks like a frontrunner but it's not sweeping, Parasite still the likeliest dark horse. Irishman feels more and more like that movie that gets nominated across the board, is considered "in contention" for several big oscars and wins nothing. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm confused... Did Nolan invent the war drama? Or, do you mean Mendes who already won a ton of awards forever ago for American Beauty?

Ripoff may be a bit strong, but IMO everything revealed about 1917 before its premiere felt like Mendes watched Dunkirk and immediately tried to figure out how to do his own version that would win more awards, including working with some longtime Nolan collaborators. It's fine, everyone gets inspired by something...

Why do people have a problem with Ricky?

Honestly i see no problem with his jokes. Imo it just seems that some of you are just as stuck up as the Hollywood celebs.

Ricky isn't some obnoxious ahole. Hollywood fking sucks and is an awful place. Weinstein happened. Making a joke in front of the ppl that let it happen and calling them out takes balls. I see no reason to dislike Ricky.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1