Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm not sure if I buy that to be honest. At best he's referring to both projects involving the multiverse in some form. Otherwise, it's more so that Loki is being used as a airbag when The Marvels bombs.

basically he explains in another tweet that 

Spoiler

loki finale is kind of confusing but you get more clear on what happends in the episode after seen the marvels 

btw alex proves in the past to be  trustful with these things 

That "final trailer" is the most desperate thing I've ever seen out of Marvel Studios.

As a matter of perspective, the previous leader, now second-most desperate thing they've done was putting the Tony Stark cameo in The Incredible Hulk in the last round of TV spots. Then again, that may have been a Universal decision. Either way, that was 15 freaking years ago.

• Like 7

Just getting around to the trailer…

a) what studio releases a full blown brand new trailer that isn’t just a spot mere days before the film, desperate as hell

b) but not as desperate as the opening to that trailer, good grief 

c) the trailer overall outside of the desperation parts is far more interesting and effective than any other piece of marketing, great job waiting until the movie is basically in theaters to release it Disney! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Original Avengers is one of my all time favorite theatrical experience, but let’s not pretend those trailers weren’t shit. The quality of the film was a mega surprise. 

This trailer

and this extended super bowl

spot

are some of the best marketing I’ve ever seen for a movie and threw my hype into the stratosphere. Joss Whedon doesn’t get enough credit for making a

movie with so much iconic imagery. 

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DInky said:

The trailer really does feel incredibly desperate. One positive thing I have to say about it though is that the trailer makes it seem like the movie has actual stakes.

After having watched it, I felt like it would've been a decent trailer, if the actors weren't giving major substitute teacher energy and if the main fight between the hero and villain was more visually intriguing.

You have superman like powers, but you're fighting hand to hand Jason Statham battles?  

Edited by The GOAT

3 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Tracking for this was chaotic as shit but we basically all knew it was gonna bomb the day pre-sales started. Even before some people knew it was gonna be the lowest MCU opening ever or even $40M (shoutout to @TheFlatLannister for getting it right). 

Tracking for Aquaman is gonna be an even bigger shitshow. Like if it's tracking poorly it's just gonna be a war between people saying "oh my god it's doomed" and  "don't worry, positive word of mouth and Christmas legs will save it" (and people will inevitably bring up Puss in Boots as an example)

Don't forget the walk-ups. Walk-ups solve everything. Poor tracking? Pfff, just wait for walkups to beef the preview number.  Also, since Aquaman is released for Xmas we'll get a lot of "people are still shopping, numbers will spike after, you'll see" and "people are having family diner, numbers will spike in the morning" types of excuses. The shades of TLJ showshow. It's gonna be fun holiday season. :bop:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 2

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

This trailer

spot

are some of the best marketing I’ve ever seen for a movie and threw my hype into the stratosphere. Joss Whedon doesn’t get enough credit for making a

All this has nothing on the first Quantumania trailer (I hated Quantumania, but that teaser. Omg). 

Starting with Shang-Chi, marvel started licensing popular music in all their trailers, and every teaser has slapped ever since.

This trailer has no right going so hard

Omg, and this one was such a masterpiece

Edited by Hypercortical
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

This trailer

spot

why these stuff look so fresh and lively

To maybe give a slightly more eloquent early impression, the first 20-25 minutes were fun, energetic, and silly in the right ways. Once that section (which is basically played out in real time) is done and dusted I really struggled to stay awake. It's not very entertaining and the baseline plot feels like an afterthought, if not just completely undercooked. Iman Vellani and everyone Ms. Marvel related are better than everything else in the movie, but Teyonah Parris, Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson put in fine work.

Yeah, there was a post credits scene where a thing happened.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

To maybe give a slightly more eloquent early impression, the first 20-25 minutes were fun, energetic, and silly in the right ways. Once that section (which is basically played out in real time) is done and dusted I really struggled to stay awake. It's not very entertaining and the baseline plot feels like an afterthought, if not just completely undercooked. Iman Vellani and everyone Ms. Marvel related are better than everything else in the movie, but Teyonah Parris, Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson put in fine work.

Yeah, there was a post credits scene where a thing happened.

Feel like you tend to be the canary in the coal mines for critic reception so.......yeesh.

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

They should have released this a month ago. 

Labor Day weekend would have ended up being a good date.  Barren release schedule where nothing clicked, so it would have had 8 weeks minimum in all theaters (since it would have been held with Taylor's release and maybe would have even had synergy)...

Now, it could be 2 if it bombs and out in small theaters?  Maybe 5 in most other theaters, and definitely leaving Dec 22...

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

The embargo's not even up yet and we already have a legendary reaction. Morbius-tier reactions incoming?

Oh definitely not Morbius tier, most of it is just very mediocre but I liked it more than Quantumania (that's the MCU movie of the year I'd say is Morbius tier). I wouldn't even rule out a fresh tomato, there could be a lot of middle of the road positives.

• Like 5