TMP

Weekend Thread | Birds of Prey $33.25M Weekend

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

You really need to cut this shit out.

A. casting big names in supporting roles and having lesser known - or in the case of RDJ, down-on-their-luck - actors for leads is what MCU have done as well

B. Said actors in supporting roles are not doing this for artistic integrity, they're doing it for the money. If WB throws enough money at an actor, there's a good chance that, if they're open to superhero movies in general, they'll take the role, without giving a shit if it's Marvel or DC, knowing full well they may never even watch the movie in its entirety. You using Emma Stone as some example means fuck all.

I hear Johnny Depp could be looking for roles...there's got to be a crazy DC villain he could play:)...

He's the kinda down-on-his-luck-but-no-longer-radioactive-but-still-cheapish WW-known actor that could drop into DC in the right role...and he'd fit in the zanier side of the universe,,,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

22 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Lol people still pushing that narrative. Both their movies are clearly set in the universe he created. Not to mention Wan himself consulted with him against WB's wishes. The only one moving away is Batman

No, no. You’re quite right. The vision that Snyder had is absolutely being carried on with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. He’s responsible for those films successes. Jenkins and Wan were just there to carry out his vision. Both those films had absolutely no changes made to them because of the backlash against BvS, JL and SS. Everything is going according to his wishes and his master plan.

Good lord.

• Haha 7

If WW84 ends up below WW, all hell will break loose at WB.

I cant imagine that’s going to happen. WW84 looks incredible based on the teaser. I think it will hit $1b. 80s nostalgia will drive it there. No comic book film has tapped into that era yet (although several recent MCU films are steeped in 80s culture)

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I cant imagine that’s going to happen. WW84 looks incredible based on the teaser. I think it will hit $1b. 80s nostalgia will drive it there. No comic book film has tapped into that era yet (although several recent MCU films are steeped in 80s culture)

Those test screening reports though...

46 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Gadot's Wonder Woman and Momoa's Aquaman are Snyder's version of these characters. He cast the actors, he created the look, he established their power set in his movies & pushed for these solo movies to be made when WB were hesitant. Claiming that Wan and Jenkins moved away from him is laughable. They can't. Their movies were made when he was still active in WB till 2017.

But the direction and feel of Wonder Woman and Aquaman were their own secluded identity and drastically different than what Snyder had done. So fuck yes, people can say that Jenkins and Wan moved away from him.

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I haven't seen the movie, but plan to in the coming weeks. My main question right now is why did this have to be rated R? Were drugs and cursing that essential to the film, that the film couldn't have survived without those elements?

Because Deadpool, Joker and Logan were successful R rated comic book movies.

Literally, it baffles me why they decided to go R on this. The violence is apparently not even that graphically violent aside from one or two moments. It's just the language apparently.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 2

Just read the last couple pages. Great scott...

Zac Snyder has nothing to do with this flopping. Audience goodwill or lack thereof toward DC has nothing to do with this flopping. The chosen actors have nothing to do.... you get the gist.

BoP is flopping because of one of the worst marketing campaigns for a post-Iron Man comic book film. This marketing campaign was afraid to embrace the film’s R rated nature. The second trailer released less than a month ago. The name of the film was too damn long. And much more.

This was a marketing failure.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

You really need to cut this shit out.

A. casting big names in supporting roles and having lesser known - or in the case of RDJ, down-on-their-luck - actors for leads is what MCU have done as well

B. Said actors in supporting roles are not doing this for artistic integrity, they're doing it for the money. If WB throws enough money at an actor, there's a good chance that, if they're open to superhero movies in general, they'll take the role, without giving a shit if it's Marvel or DC, knowing full well they may never even watch the movie in its entirety. You using Emma Stone as some example means fuck all.

Did you read what I fucking said? I literally said what you said in the A post. Cast big names in the supporting roles and add someone like Jodie Comer in the lead. Also I brought up big names not being attached because of the DCEU's track record of getting said big names. BOP had none outside of Robbie, Shazam had none, Aquaman had Nicole Kidman, JL had none outside of Gal/Ben, WW had none etc. I can keep going. 

14 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

If WW84 ends up below WW, all hell will break loose at WB.

Domestically I'd say its possible. Should definitely beat WW WW though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Those test screening reports though...

You mean the reports from Cosmic Book News, an alt-right propaganda outlet best known for headlines such as:

"DISNEY LYING ABOUT CAPTAIN MARVEL BOX OFFICE NUMBERS?"

"Disney Losing Confidence In Captain Marvel, Brie Larson Due To Spider-Man"

"EXCLUSIVE: BRYAN CRANSTON IS LEX LUTHOR IN BATMAN/SUPERMAN; MATT DAMON UP FOR AQUAMAN"

Yeah, I’m not going to believe their “test screenings reports”...

• Like 4

Aquaman was a joy to watch and as far away from Snyder’s style as possible. It might not have been the best CBM or whatever but it was a very enjoyable film even to people that don’t give a shit about comics while the Snyder movies were basically torture for anyone that didn’t care about comics and even for many comic book fans. 

4 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

You mean the reports from Cosmic Book News, an alt-right propaganda outlet best known for headlines such as:

"DISNEY LYING ABOUT CAPTAIN MARVEL BOX OFFICE NUMBERS?"

"Disney Losing Confidence In Captain Marvel, Brie Larson Due To Spider-Man"

"EXCLUSIVE: BRYAN CRANSTON IS LEX LUTHOR IN BATMAN/SUPERMAN; MATT DAMON UP FOR AQUAMAN"

Yeah, I’m not going to believe their “test screenings reports”...

Doesn’t he mean the Reddit leaks from late last year from people claiming to have been at test screenings of the film? I think ViewerAnon verified that they took place, from what I recall. 

2 minutes ago, FunkMiller said:

Doesn’t he mean the Reddit leaks from late last year from people claiming to have been at test screenings of the film? I think ViewerAnon verified that they took place, from what I recall. 

I googled Wonder Woman 1984 test screenings, and all the top results were related to reports from Cosmic. Whenever I see Cosmic is involved, the credibility drops to 0. I’m unfamiliar with reports from Reddit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I googled Wonder Woman 1984 test screenings, and all the top results were related to reports from Cosmic. Whenever I see Cosmic is involved, the credibility drops to 0. I’m unfamiliar with reports from Reddit.

Looks like Cosmic (which I agree is hot garbage in every respect) got their story from the Reddit leaks. I have no idea whether they are true or not.

Edited by FunkMiller

1 hour ago, misafeco said:

Very true.

The most important goal of the marketing campaign of a superhero movie is convincing people that it's a must see in the respective cinematic universe. Either that or you need to have the novelty factor like WW or Joker.

no, the audience will see a movie thats looks good, and seems fun and exciting or intresting, and bop clearly didnt seem like it

ps before i see reactions to this, you may loved the trailers, but the numbers are talking , in terms of ow at least

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1