Eric Loves Rey

92nd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | PARASITE WINS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS #BONGHIVE

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

On the other hand, another Deakins Oscar (making it two in a row for him). :wub: I'll take him winning an Oscar every couple of years to make up for the fact they didn't reward him much sooner.

On the other, other hand Deakins doing 1917 meant he couldn't shoot DUNC 😞

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I guessed 12/16.

Very happy with all four acting wins, first time in years they’ve got all four right, IMO. 

In much smaller categories, I’m happy for Bombshell and Rocketman. 

Not happy with Judy win. Scarlett deserved that award. 

Ideally, Lupita should have been the winner. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TLK said:

I have been a fan of Bong ever since I saw Memories of Murder , which is every bit as good as Zodiac.  Well deserved wins for Parasite.

I hope one of the effects of Parasite's amazing night is that it encourages people on this forum and elsewhere who aren't familiar with Bong's filmography to check out more of his movies. He's one of the best in the business.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, gadd said:

I hope one of the effects of Parasite's amazing night is that it encourages people on this forum and elsewhere who aren't familiar with Bong's filmography to check out more of his movies. He's one of the best in the business.

Lets not go overboard  

8 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

So glad i didn't stay up to see some foreign film no-one will ever watch win.

$165 million WW and counting says otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

Isn't this the same guy that made the awful train movie everyone over hyped?

Hmm... 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, 72% Audience Score (if you care about such things) says otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

Lets not go overboard  

Bong Joon-ho is one of the most popular and critically-acclaimed filmmakers in the world right now, having emerged from a whole culture of critically-acclaimed filmmakers (South Korea) during the past couple of decades. 

3 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

They have a best foreign film category for a reason. Why isn't Parasite in there? Its nonsense 

It's called "Best International Film" now, bub.  And it did win that award as well, tonight!  😁

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

$165 million WW and counting says otherwise. 

Hmm... 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, 72% Audience Score (if you care about such things) says otherwise.

Bong Joon-ho is one of the most popular and critically-acclaimed filmmakers in the world right now, having emerged from a whole culture of critically-acclaimed filmmakers (South Korea) during the past couple of decades. 

It's called "Best International Film" now, bub.  And it did win that award as well, tonight!  😁

Most popular filmmaker in the world? 😂 what world do you live in? Stop showing me rotten tomato scores, the terrible Babadook has 97% so the numbers dont mean shit

Wake up on golden globes morning to see everyone posting about it. Wake up this morning and no-one is talking about the oscars. Parasite winning probably explains that. More people will end up watching and discussing Ricky Gervais' opening monologue than seeing last nights oscar winner. Oscars so dead 

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Basically because Oscars are Hollywood's award. Just keep it like that.

When you give Oscars to a foreign film, you are signifying that this film is better than all films in the world. Now that could be true but problem is you are just awarding a one hyped foreign film while there are 10s of Foreign films every year better than Nominated/Winner Hollywood films.

I don't think any of nominated film was better than Super Deluxe (Indian film) this year. There will be other Foreign language films as well.

Going by your logic , the Hollywood box office number then should not be accessible to an Indian right?

Gandhi, a film co-produced by British and India, shot in india, and featuring one of the biggest India historical moment, won Best Picture in 1982. Similar to Slumdog Millionaire (no Hollywood involvement) to certain extent. 

it is clear you have super different taste from the Academy, which for your info, have almost 100 Indian filmmaker in the list of Jury. And Oscar has been here for nearly a century, it is bound to have change to include more foreign-oriented talent .