TMP

Creed III | March 3, 2023 | MBJ will direct

If this is as good as being reported, then, I think you can put this trilogy with the Planet of the Apes reboots as the best examples of revisiting old franchises to tell interesting stories.

I also want this to do as well as the prior films, as it would be good to validate that it's not reliant on Sylvester Stallone to make it work. 

• Like 2

I was watching Housewives Reunion last night, and they ran a 30 second ad for this. The voiceover said: ladies, tell your boyfriend it’s a boxing movie. And it was just clip after clip of Majors and Jordan looking fine and showing off their abs. I crackled. Soo funny. 

I don’t see it up on YouTube, but if someone finds that, they totally should post it. 

Still no desire to see this without Stallone attached to it.  Call me set in my ways or too stubborn but a Rocky spinoff without Rocky just doesn't interest me. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 2:00 PM, TheDude391 said:

Friday showtimes aren't up yet but in my area (Toronto), Thursday IMAX is still Ant Man (and Friday presale Creed tix are standard, no premium). I uh really hope Creed 3 plays in imax here! Is this the same for anyone else?

Welp...the only TRUE IMAX theatre in the city is playing Flopamania for another week. This is the first time ever they actually keep a marvel movie long term, they didn't play Eternals and kept Dune longterm and even No Way Home lost their imax after a week for M4trix.  

On 2/27/2023 at 12:58 PM, grim22 said:

The overall Rocky universe is definitely an under the radar critical and commercial favorite. Rocky V definitely the outlier where everyone pretty much hates it, but everything else was either a huge hit, a critical darling, or both.

Most people i talk to think Rocky Balboa is a little bit out there with the plot but otherwise a good time at the movies.  And it has a 77% on RT. 

19 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Not a spinoff anymore, but you do you. 

It's the definition of spinoff.  No Rocky, no Creed.

• Like 1