charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

21 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

That’s the thing I love about rewatching old shows. 

“That’s that guy from that show.”

Fred Savage just showed up as a man accused of raping four women!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

what is that?

So is it good for you you’ll stay at home for another week, like you mentioned in the other thread?

I’m fine. Watch TV, exercise and go for long walks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Panda said:

4 Episodes into Westworld and it’s quite enjoyable.  Hopefully it doesn’t crater downhill during season 2!

Season 2 isn't as bad as others say. The season premiere and finale are kinda terrible but everything else is good to great. Way more emotional than the first season and contains two of the best episodes in the series too. I'd say it's a good season but just more inconsistent than season 1.

6 hours ago, Cap said:

Watching Early SVU, it's like:

Hopper's on the Wrong Side Of The Law!

IMG_0641.jpg

Sup Dwight

IMG_0649.jpg

hey female warden from OITNB

IMG_0652.jpg

What's up Viola and the woman from Lost!

IMG_0653.jpg

It's Damon!

IMG_0678.jpg

The Law & Order shows break the 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon game

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Season 2 isn't as bad as others say. The season premiere and finale are kinda terrible but everything else is good to great. Way more emotional than the first season and contains two of the best episodes in the series too. I'd say it's a good season but just more inconsistent than season 1.

I disagree. If Westworld Season 1 was better I'd consider Season 2 to be a bigger disaster than Heroes Season 2.

Westworld Season 2 made an interesting show with a very simple premise an incomprehensible mess for no reason other than multiple weekly cliffhangers. 

Season 3 feels like a course correction yet filled with damn near every modern sci-fi trope under the sun. The Rick and Morty "overload the virtual system" gag they used in Episode 2... my god.

9 hours ago, Cap said:

Watching Early SVU, it's like:

Hopper's on the Wrong Side Of The Law!

IMG_0641.jpg

I remember one time my Dad and I were watching The Equalizer on TV, and when David Harbour's character popped up, we were both very surprised but very excited at the same time.

• Astonished 1

The most recent films checked off my Netflix original film queue:

Bright- Aggressively mediocre is a great way to describe this. Some interesting stuff smothered by a lot of generic blah.

Mute- Looked nice (apart from Justin Theroux's hairdo) but it was not good at all.

Wheelman- Frank Grillo drives a car for 75 minutes and gets in a couple tense chases. Decent entertainment.

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's a pic of "The Seven" from The Boys (Amazon Prime)...yes, you only see 6 b/c Translucent is Translucent:)...

to you too a thank you for explaining it 🙂

that I do not understand

(I boycott amazon prime, if that helps)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

to you too a thank you for explaining it 🙂

that I do not understand

(I boycott amazon prime, if that helps)

Translucent's power is invisibility-ish...😊

Translucent means allowing light, but not detailed shapes, to pass through; semitransparent.

And The Seven, at least so far through episode 4, are the world's premiere superhero team...that are probably anything but heroic:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

My Hero Academia season 4: RENTAL

This season was tough to get through. The pacing of the season is all over the place. One large arc, two small arcs, and last episode outta nowhere. The pacing of some of the episodes isn’t great either. When the show is good it’s great, it’s often a quick enjoyable adventure, there’s just so much sentimental nonsense and superhero overanalysing in this thing. Every 7 minutes we get a “I need to get better”, “I need to work harder”, “I need to remember what I’m fighting for” inner monologue from these characters. It’s madness. The show comes to a halt to give the same point over and over. 

However I often forget this: this show is meant for kids. Anime’s visible online community can often be adults. We also no longer have anime being sold to kids in the West, so I kinda had this false idea that this show was “mature”. It’s not.

It’s meant for an audience that aren’t used to the tropes, that need positive messages about working hard spelt out for them, and are way too young to have watched Naruto (it’s damn near the same show). I feel that if I had this mindset going in then I would be more positive about the show.

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Translucent's power is invisibility-ish...😊

Translucent means allowing light, but not detailed shapes, to pass through; semitransparent.

And The Seven, at least so far through episode 4, are the world's premiere superhero team...that are probably anything but heroic:)...

I missed the details about it should be seven, probably the first step in not understanding it then

Thank you again!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

The Boys

😆😂😆

Beside others already explained it (still thank you too, only meant as no need to explain it further beside the following)

THAT would not have helped me. As in not knowing anything about it, I’d assume incorrectly with such a short answer its a nickname, something pop-cultural, or....

😉 

(as said, I boycott amazon beside foreign language books, and even more so Amazon prime, so I’ll miss it anyway)

20 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Trolls made 50M via VOD

And it apparently is terrible...it probably made more there than bad reviews would have let it make in theaters...probably the very right call to release it on demand on a holiday weekend where everyone wanted something, anything special:)...

PS - Amused that critics were so gentle...not often kid movies have lower audience scores when the critic scores weren't that great:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And it apparently is terrible...it probably made more there than bad reviews would have let it make in theaters...probably the very right call to release it on demand on a holiday weekend where everyone wanted something, anything special:)...

PS - Amused that critics were so gentle...not often kid movies have lower audience scores when the critic scores weren't that great:)...

51 Metacritic seems fair. Also Unfiltered audience scores are a waste of time. 

The movie is really strange to critique for me. It’s not a good movie. It’s a loud, some moments are like a non-stop barrage of nonsense, there’s some funny stuff littered throughout and some of the music can be great BUT it’s a movie that leans more to Nick JR rather than Nickelodeon (if that makes sense). It makes no clear attempt to be entertainment for people over the age of 8.
Criticising Trolls 2 is like an adult complaining about Blue’s Clues, Peppa Pig, or Paw Patrol. It feels weird (I also think bad reviews or good reviews wouldn’t have helped or hindered this movie).

40 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Trolls made 50M via VOD

Just imagine thinking studios will throw big movies into theaters in 2020 when they can just make mad cash on VOD with zero spent on marketing materials except TV spots and some street marketing.

• Like 1