charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

12 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Caught up on Homeland Season 8 this afternoon

I worked out where I was at with Homeland about an hour ago. I think it’s somewhere between episodes 2 and 4 of season 5. That’s as far as I got. 

Devs: MATINEE

A bit too much over-explanation of the new hot sci-fi trend of "evil tech company knows the future and everyones decisions by accumilating tons of available data".

A lot of the dialogue and characters are also a bit too cold. Like... it's very obvious that these actors are reciting written dialogue. They dont give bad performances, the dialogue is mostly engaging, but it can feel like it's put together by a very competant computer trying to figure out how humans speak and what they talk about. It rarely feels natural or normal.

The show is a decent time though. The premise is interesting. It's well paced. It's beautiful to look at. It's a nice little adventure that i think scifi fans will like. It's just not for everybody.

Next up: Netflix MJ Doc, video games, Midnight Gospel, Unorthodox.

26 minutes ago, AJG said:

A bit too much over-explanation of the new hot sci-fi trend of "evil tech company knows the future and everyones decisions by accumilating tons of available data".

Lmao, this show is about this too? The way Westworld Season 3 explored this was tiring and boring enough. Don't think I can go through another show about the same thing.

45 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I worked out where I was at with Homeland about an hour ago. I think it’s somewhere between episodes 2 and 4 of season 5. That’s as far as I got. 

i tapped out i think 2 or 3 episodes into season 4. i missed my ginger terrorist.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i tapped out i think 2 or 3 episodes into season 4. i missed my ginger terrorist.

I was reading through the season 4 synopsis and I could barely recall most of it but I definitely remember watching the first episode of season 5. 

I did rewatch the first couple of episodes of Life the other day for some ginger ex-con detective action with bonus Sarah Shahi. 

31 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lmao, this show is about this too? The way Westworld Season 3 explored this was tiring and boring enough. Don't think I can go through another show about the same thing.

It all runs alongside another trope that they ripped from a popular Black Mirror and is also the subject of an upcoming Prime Video comedy.

TV sci-fi is currently like that period of time when all the Spy movies were about retrieving the USB with the identities of every undercover agent.

• Like 1

Well, I watched The Caine Mutiny 1954.  And my kids were wowed by both the effects of the time not totally sucking when viewed in today's lens and the stock war footage.

I gotta say...having been military, my kids and I had wildly different views of the ending.  They didn't get why the lawyer was pissed off at anyone, except maybe the writer.  I mean, they saw it in black and white...I saw it with more gray...

But I give the movie an A-...it was well done, had good pacing, great effects, and well done characterization...as my kids said, everyone looked the same, but they could still keep track of everyone b/c they were well fleshed out.  Their only complaint was the superfluous side relationship (I said it helped flesh the character, but I will admit, they could have dumped some of it:)...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

oooh, i've been meaning to watch this. love some david simon and i gotta support my girl :wintf:

A couple of the episodes were extremely anxiety-inducing.

Finale was good, but it covered a huuuuuuuuge amount of ground. Probably should have been done as two eps.

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Started watching The Last Dance, which could be alternatively titled as "Fuck you, Jerry Krause."

Good stuff so far. I've missed basketball.

Barack Obama 

Former Chicago Resident

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AJG said:

How much money has HBO wasted on Westworld? This shit must be stopped.

Ratings are down ~50% from the first two seasons, now about as low as Watchmen. That seems counter-intuitive during a lockdown.

Wanted to check how TV was doing in general, and I see that TVbyTheNumbers shut down three months ago. RIP.

Edited by MrGlass2

I'm holding off watching the new season of Westworld until it's done in two weeks. I don't think the second season was a total loss like a lot of people did, but HBO's hopes for it becoming their next Game of Thrones or Sopranos level of phenomenon are gone.

Edited by filmlover