Eric Prime

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

On 2/16/2022 at 8:50 PM, BoxOfficeZ said:

Well have to say I didn't not notice the long running time. It flew by so quickly and was utterly engrossed in it. I loved it.  

Might be the best Batman film I've ever seen imo up there with TDK.

How would you rank Pattinson/Kravitz chemistry against West/Newmar, Keaton/Pfeiffer and Bale/Hathaway?

Unless Batman has big competition in week 2 that takes away all the shows. I cant see it gross less than 1B Yuan in china. Market is empty and primed for breakout. 2 weeks later does not matter at all. This is a movie that will bring in audience to big screen. Uncharted should not matter as its releasing before Batman. 

• Thanks 1

TBH, TDK is a very good film, but I never really understood the way it got anointed as "Best superhero film ever." Reminds me of Empire Strikes Back, which I have a similar confusion about, despite greatly enjoying both films. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, commendable said:

Its top 3 batman movies so it will always be compared to it. Are we not supposed to compare batman movies to each other?

You can compare, i just think it's putting unfair expectations on top of it. 

Especially with questions like "how Paul Dano version of Riddler compared with Ledger version of Joker", i don't think it make much sense, it just adds more absurd expectations on it. 

And to be clear, i'm not attacking anyone saying this, i understand why people do this, i just think it's a bad way of hype something.

Each can have his own opinion, but the general consensus is that TDK is the best of the trilogy, the best Batman movie and one of the very best superhero movies. In the same way as ESB is held in general consesus as the best Star Wars movie, Personal opinions may vary, but I think it's pretty undeniable that is the general consensus, as much as is possible to have a general consensus about these things

• Like 9

The Dark Knight was just revelatory in 2008. The combo of Ledger's elevated performance, the political themes of the story and Nolan's groundbreaking usage of IMAX were unmatched for a comic book/superhero movie. Of course you could look at some narrative flaws and occasionally choppy editing, exposition etc.. but there's a reason it struck the zeitgeist in 2008

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

You can compare, i just think it's putting unfair expectations on top of it. 

Especially with questions like "how Paul Dano version of Riddler compared with Ledger version of Joker", i don't think it make much sense, it just adds more absurd expectations on it. 

And to be clear, i'm not attacking anyone saying this, i understand why people do this, i just think it's a bad way of hype something.

Matt Reeves kinda set up those expectations for himself when he said that he wanted to make the "definitive Batman movie" and when the producer Dylan Clark told Nolan their intention was to top his movies.