Eric is Anxious

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

45 minutes ago, belblazer said:

IMO, Superman 1978, The Dark Knight and Joker are the only CBMs deserved of a 10/10.

I've probably seen Superman 1978 a dozen times and the good parts of it are ecstatically good, but it's just so tonally inconsistent once Clark reaches Metropolis that I'd have a hard time giving it a 10. Otis is the CBM equivalent of Jar Jar Binks.

Superman 2 never reaches the same heights as 1, but it also never drops as low, and to this day it's still my favorite Superman film.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Absolutely not. No one is coming close to Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns. 

I really don't think that her performance is as impossible to beat as people think it is. It worked in the context of Batman Returns by being extremely campy, like a slightly more emotional version of Julie Newmar, but she's not impossible to beat at all.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

I've probably seen Superman 1978 a dozen times and the good parts of it are ecstatically good, but it's just so tonally inconsistent once Clark reaches Metropolis that I'd have a hard time giving it a 10. Otis is the CBM equivalent of Jar Jar Binks.

Superman 2 never reaches the same heights as 1, but it also never drops as low, and to this day it's still my favorite Superman film.

I love Lex's bumbling sidekicks, Gene Hackman getting angry and berating them always cracks me up.

Top 3 Comic Book Films:

Spider-Man 2

Batman Returns

Superman: The Movie

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

TBH, TDK is a very good film, but I never really understood the way it got anointed as "Best superhero film ever." Reminds me of Empire Strikes Back, which I have a similar confusion about, despite greatly enjoying both films. 

Best is very subjective. That being said, I think many can agree that TDK is probably the smartest comic book movie, but I wouldnt call it a superhero movie as it's essentially a modern day mob/crime action thriller making it hard to be fairly compared to most of the accurately bright and colourful adaptations out there

9 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Y'all just love throwing Anne Hathaway under the bus bc she's Anne Hathaway and she's an easy target.

She was GREAT in that movie

Yeah, wtf? Hatheway was extremely well received. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The Dark Knight was just revelatory in 2008. The combo of Ledger's elevated performance, the political themes of the story and Nolan's groundbreaking usage of IMAX were unmatched for a comic book/superhero movie. Of course you could look at some narrative flaws and occasionally choppy editing, exposition etc.. but there's a reason it struck the zeitgeist in 2008

All of that plus the fact that The Dark Knight is probably the most well-acted blockbuster of the modern era. Ledger and Eckhart were Oscar-worthy, while Bale, Oldman and Caine were also excellent. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

she's Anne Hathaway and she's an easy target.

That pre 2017 I think (at the latest, probably more pre 2015 The Intern that everybody loved), now the world went full pendulum about how awesome and a ridiculous talent she is I think.

Was there anyone when they saw here in Ocean 8 trailer that thought, a no, not Hathaway in this ?

36 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Y'all just love throwing Anne Hathaway under the bus bc she's Anne Hathaway and she's an easy target.

She was GREAT in that movie

Easy target? I say this with all sincerity, I have only ever seen praise for her. I feel like I'm alone disliking that woman. She has the charisma of a door knob.

Edited by TinaDuraes

2 minutes ago, TinaDuraes said:

Easy target? I say this with all sincerity, I have only ever seen praise for her. I feel like I'm alone disliking that woman. She has the charisma of a door knob.

This was perfection. 

Effortlessly floats through numerous personalities. Reasonable associate > faux irritated victim > intellectual snob > damsel in distress

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2