Eric is Anxious

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Most people here see this opening up somewhere around the 150m range, thats not sleeping on it thats being realistic, remember S-M Homecoming opened to like 98m and that was apart of the MCU, The Batman is in its own world and DC doesn't have the fanbase/trust that Marvel has

58 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Movie is trending on social media AGAIN. Many here are dramatically underestimating this. 

33 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

Most people here see this opening up somewhere around the 150m range, thats not sleeping on it thats being realistic, remember S-M Homecoming opened to like 98m and that was apart of the MCU, The Batman is in its own world and DC doesn't have the fanbase/trust that Marvel has

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Probably in entertainment, it’s not on the overall trending list in the US. 

I don't see it trending anywhere. 

Excel, are you sure you're not just looking at what's trending for YOU?

10 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I don't see it trending anywhere. 

Excel, are you sure you're not just looking at what's trending for YOU?

I just looked at Twitter and it says it’s trending under Entertainment. I don’t even know what that means so I’m not sure it actually means anything. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I just looked at Twitter and it says it’s trending under Entertainment. I don’t even know what that means so I’m not sure it actually means anything. 

Yea idk how Twitter works with that stuff. I just looked at my "Entertainment" trending on Twitter and there's nothing Batman related on it. 

US Trendlist [in one hour increments at the link]:

35 minutes ago
  1. Rams
  2. Brady
  3. #TheWrldOnGCW
  4. Mahomes
  5. #LARvsTB
  6. Mugler
  7. Stafford
  8. #BUFvsKC
  9. Pringle
  10. #BillsMafia

Alt source:

Twitter Trends - United States

Following are the list of today's top twitter trending topics in United States, Trends last updated 2 minutes ago.

NFL is dominating it, as one might expect.

===

The Entertainment tag is a bit more user/algorithm based, but it ain't showing up on my non-logged in user experience, for the record.

Mind, whenever there is reason, this film trends.  It's just that there ain't much of a reason for it to trend today. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Yea idk how Twitter works with that stuff. I just looked at my "Entertainment" trending on Twitter and there's nothing Batman related on it. 

Ya, maybe it’s user based like the “for you” tab. 

22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

US Trendlist [in one hour increments at the link]:

Alt source:

NFL is dominating it, as one might expect.

===

The Entertainment tag is a bit more user/algorithm based, but it ain't showing up on my non-logged in user experience, for the record.

Mind, whenever there is reason, this film trends.  It's just that there ain't much of a reason for it to trend today. 

Can I just say how crazy it is that GCW is trending. From running shows from literal bingo halls and church settings to running Hammerstein, they have come a long way.

Colin Farrell Recalls His Four-Hour ‘The Batman’ Transformation, Talks Sundance Drama ‘After Yang’

“Matt Reeves is a wonderful filmmaker, so I was just grateful to be allowed anywhere near it,” Farrell said of Reeves, who previously oversaw the rebooted “Planet of the Apes” franchise.

“Hopefully people are entertained by it and moved by it,” Farrell said. “It’s a very unique take on a story that’s often been told.”

Variety

Some interesting updated data from The Quorum.

40 days before release in January 22nd 2022, The Batman has a HIGHER awareness than NWH did 4 days before release. 
NWH awareness on December 13th, 2021 (4 days before US release): 61.15%
The Batman awareness in January 22nd 2022 (40 days before US release): 62.54%
For a better comparison, NWH on November 12th had an awareness of 51.47%

This is balanced out by the fact that NWH's interest at the same time was higher, of course... but not by much.  

NWH interest on December 13th, 2021 (4 days before US release): 6.89
The Batman interest in January 22nd 2022 (40 days before US release): 6.63
NWH interest on November 12th: 6.36

With 57% saying they want to see The Batman in theaters, compared to 59% to NWH 4 days before release.

Now let's compare to the 2nd highest domestic opening of the pandemic, to see how far away The Batman actually is from it:

Venom Let There Be Carnage awareness at time of release: 54.39% 
The Batman 40 days before release: 62.54%
Venom Let There Be Carnage on September 2nd: 47.42%

Interest:
Venom Let There Be Carnage at time of release: 5.78
The Batman 40 days before release: 6.63
Venom Let There Be Carnage on September 2nd: 5.76

Really think the range for the domestic opening of The Batman is between 150-180 million, but I'm gonna try not to get too excited and stick to 160 million. This isn't like any other reboot. 

Edited by 21C
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah they will, like every other studio has. 

He specifically namedropped The Batman as one of the films that'd end up on HBO MAX 45 days later. They're doing that with all their catalogue. 

On 1/23/2022 at 4:37 PM, JonahVex said:

Most people here see this opening up somewhere around the 150m range, thats not sleeping on it thats being realistic, remember S-M Homecoming opened to like [117M] and that was apart of the MCU, The Batman is in its own world and DC doesn't have the fanbase/trust that Marvel has

150M is a reasonable guess but I don't think Homecoming is the right comp for this because the market couldn't be any different. Homecoming came out in the shadow of Wonder Woman which had incredible legs and had sealed the title of movie of the summer. HC also was the 3rd big superhero film in just 2 months after GOTG2 and WW and the 4th in 4 months counting Logan, so anticipation for it had dissipated somewhat.

OTOH, the market is currently bare and the anticipation is just building for The Batman, and will continue to do till March barring awful reviews or mass shutdowns. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

These "this movie will be available here and when" announcements have become increasingly meaningless for the most part because in the end the studios are clearly just gonna do whatever they feel is best for their bottom line. For example, Turning Red was touted to be Pixar's return to theaters, and it has ended up yet another D+ exclusive that will skip theaters completely. Universal also said Marry Me would be one of their movies that would be on Peacock 45 days after opening in theaters, before announcing it would be a day-and-date title about a week later. Streaming 45 days after theaters for this sounds plausible at least since the hype will have died down significantly by that point and it'll be on its way out of theaters as the hype for the summer movie season starts to commence.

• Like 3