Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I think the accusations against Miller are valid, but I'll still watch this. And The Blue Beetle. And Shazam! Fury of the Gods. And Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

Yep, this is me too. I mean, I pretty much loathe ALL celebrities so I wouldn't be seeing any movies if I didn't have the ability to separate person from product.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wormow said:

This movie will do well, but well enough for a teaser trailer at the Superbowl well, for a studio that is cash poor? Interesting play!

The entire plot has been leaked over a year ago.

Only the most devoted nerds read that stuff. None of that matters except how it plays out in the movie, itself. I sometimes wonder if people forget the very purpose and possible power of the moving image... Things can sound great or ludicrous on paper, all that matters is how it works on screen and for an audience...and the buzz on this one seems to be pretty great.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Only the most devoted nerds read that stuff. None of that matters except how it plays out in the movie, itself. I sometimes wonder if people forget the very purpose and possible power of the moving image... Things can sound great or ludicrous on paper, all that matters is how it works on screen and for an audience...and the buzz on this one seems to be pretty great.  

Great enough to gross over $1B, even higher than The Batman?

Outside of its core character which characters don't hold the greatest attachment to after a few attempts from the Snyder movies, the biggest attraction is nostalgia bait for a Batman that audiences first saw 33 years ago... and a villain that 

Spoiler

comes from the Snyder movies

4 hours ago, Wormow said:

Great enough to gross over $1B, even higher than The Batman?

Outside of its core character which characters don't hold the greatest attachment to after a few attempts from the Snyder movies, the biggest attraction is nostalgia bait for a Batman that audiences first saw 33 years ago... and a villain that 

Reveal hidden contents

1. Who's tracking for $1 Billion?  I haven't seen that anywhere.  Just because WBD is high on it, doesn't mean they think it would do that much.  I think the studio will be ecstatic if this thing even does $500-600 mil WW.  If THE FLASH can't even best BLACK ADAM WW...then sheesh, I'd throw Miller out with the bathwater, too...but they're probably going to, anyway. 

2. Anything can be assembled and re-assembled into blockbuster material by a talented filmmaker.  Perhaps Muschietti found the secret to making these characters work?  The buzz sure seems to indicate that that's the case.  The tragic irony would be if THE FLASH ends up being one of the best things to spawn out of the Snyder-verse...because regardless, it will over.  But we don't really know the truth until we see it.  It's going to be interesting to see how each of 2023's four DC projects do with audiences...

Edited by Macleod

18 hours ago, Macleod said:

1. Who's tracking for $1 Billion?  I haven't seen that anywhere.  Just because WBD is high on it, doesn't mean they think it would do that much.  I think the studio will be ecstatic if this thing even does $500-600 mil WW.  If THE FLASH can't even best BLACK ADAM WW...then sheesh, I'd throw Miller out with the bathwater, too...but they're probably going to, anyway. 

2. Anything can be assembled and re-assembled into blockbuster material by a talented filmmaker.  Perhaps Muschietti found the secret to making these characters work?  The buzz sure seems to indicate that that's the case.  The tragic irony would be if THE FLASH ends up being one of the best things to spawn out of the Snyder-verse...because regardless, it will over.  But we don't really know the truth until we see it.  It's going to be interesting to see how each of 2023's four DC projects do with audiences...

But then that is my point... if the studio will be ecstatic at 500-600M, so it'll be a sub 400-500M grosser, it is not a big enough of a movie to warrant an expense of an entire trailer at the Superbowl, especially for a company that is cash poor.

1 hour ago, Wormow said:

But then that is my point... if the studio will be ecstatic at 500-600M, so it'll be a sub 400-500M grosser, it is not a big enough of a movie to warrant an expense of an entire trailer at the Superbowl, especially for a company that is cash poor.

True, if they're spending money for a Superbowl ad, then they really believe in the movie...or at least plan to bet big on it, under Zaslav's philosophy.  I laugh at the current state of WBD as much as anyone else on these forums lately, but I think the "cash poor" assertion has probably been exaggerated a bit overall.  Every studio is "suffering" a bit right now, relatively, due to declining theatrical revenue, messed up post-COVID slates, and an overly zealous jump into streaming during the pandemic (but yes, what Jason Kilar did with HBOMax and Warner's slate that year surely gets a lot of the blame by the rest of the industry).  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/kim-masters-hollywoods-2022-year-1235282889/

THE FLASH surely has a whole lot of elements going against it for a successful box office run, but I also think the General Public is simply not as keyed-in to the Miller controversies or even Multiverse dilemmas as online fanship and fanboy Twitter is... If the movie looks great, they will come...as long as Miller keeps mostly off-the-grid, as he currently is! 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 7:32 PM, Macleod said:

True, if they're spending money for a Superbowl ad, then they really believe in the movie...or at least plan to bet big on it, under Zaslav's philosophy.  I laugh at the current state of WBD as much as anyone else on these forums lately, but I think the "cash poor" assertion has probably been exaggerated a bit overall.  Every studio is "suffering" a bit right now, relatively, due to declining theatrical revenue, messed up post-COVID slates, and an overly zealous jump into streaming during the pandemic (but yes, what Jason Kilar did with HBOMax and Warner's slate that year surely gets a lot of the blame by the rest of the industry).  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/kim-masters-hollywoods-2022-year-1235282889/

THE FLASH surely has a whole lot of elements going against it for a successful box office run, but I also think the General Public is simply not as keyed-in to the Miller controversies or even Multiverse dilemmas as online fanship and fanboy Twitter is... If the movie looks great, they will come...as long as Miller keeps mostly off-the-grid, as he currently is! 

As stated Warner's is praying that any legal actions against Miller happen after the film opens.

Still interested in how they sell the movie while minimizing Miller. I think we will see very little of Miller without the FLash outfit on.

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

hmmm. 

The only execs that really matter are Gunn and Safran ( and to some degree I guess Zaslav). Let’s see what Gunn has to say when they start announcing stuff. 

I do know when Miller was on set for Peacemaker Gunn thought he was hilarious, so maybe he likes him and not everything/everyone is being reset or rebooted. 

3 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Wow. 

Yet if you're not of the correct political leaning you'll get cancelled for saying the wrong thing on Twitter or something.

Do you... 

Do you think the people who are "cancelling" folks on Twitter (which isn't a real thing, but besides the point) are down and groovy with Ezra Miller?

Because, if you do, I can assure you they very much are not.

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Do you... 

Do you think the people who are "cancelling" folks on Twitter (which isn't a real thing, but besides the point) are down and groovy with Ezra Miller?

Because, if you do, I can assure you they very much are not.

I'm talking about the studio, not other people.