Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I feel they should have started ticket sales this week after this early show. Since the online buzz is there, they could have capitalized on it. After all its not unprecedented looking at F9/FX. SW9 was the other movie with almost 2 months of presales. 

On the movie over hyping is also an issue. At least they are doing it now and things will settle down close to release. 

no-will-smith.gif

YOU WASH OUT YOUR MOUTH WITH SOAP RIGHT NOW!!!!!  :rant: :rant: :rant:

• Haha 4

Since Joker there were almost 20 cbms made and probably just No Way Home and The Batman are well liked / loved. The Flash doesn't have to be the greatest ever or whatever was Zaslav trying to push. If it's a fun 8/10 big-budget spectacle then Muschietti delivered. However, not sure about $. Probably a little under 700M WW-China.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alexander said:

Since Joker there were almost 20 cbms made and probably just No Way Home and The Batman are well liked / loved. The Flash doesn't have to be the greatest ever or whatever was Zaslav trying to push. If it's a fun 8/10 big-budget spectacle then Muschietti delivered. However, not sure about $. Probably a little under 700M WW-China.

The Suicide Squad, Shang-Chi and Black Panther 2 as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

The Suicide Squad, Shang-Chi and Black Panther 2 as well.

Well, not in my country. Squad and Chi both are 70-72/100 on our movie database and Panther is just 60/100. All three very likely to lose between 1-3% over next few months.

• Like 1

Its good to have actual reactions, even if it can be difficult to parse through the hyperbole a bit.

The trailers do nothing for me personally. But, the positive reviews overall keeps this on my list of films I want to see this summer in some capacity, but, lower down. The one comment that suggests that this film doesn't really have anything to say has been my biggest fear. But, I'm also not opposed to an empty popcorn movie every now and then.

I also still have no clue on performance. In a busy summer like we have, things have to hit right out of the gate, and I think this starts with too many strikes against it. I think being a superhero film, and a DCEU film at that hurts it. The marketing has to work around the lead actor. And I don't think the trailer does this movie any favors.

If the first act is as action packed as it's reported to be, I wouldn't be surprised if WB releases an extended clup online leading up to the movie. This is what The Dark Knight did back in the day with the heist sequence. I think they'll need to do that to really sell this film down the stretch.

10 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I'm skeptical about this movie, but I don't believe this user looking at her profile.

....Why? She's officially verified as Variety's social media editor and not in the 'Bought a blue checkmark and is posing as one' way.

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Many will give it a good review just because they get jizzed at seeing Keaton say things like “you want to get nuts!”. If Keaton’s Batman means nothing to you it won’t have the same effect 

This captures how I felt during Spider Man: No Way Home.

People were making noises in the cinema, but the “surprises” in that film were just common knowledge and I didn’t like the original Spider Man films apart from 2, and didn’t even see the Andrew Garfield ones. 

Nostalgia depends on age/generation. 

These reactions sound mostly incredible, and the Keaton nostalgia certainly works for me, in a huge way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Roark said:

So nerds seem to enjoy it.

Let’s see if the audience will care as well.

Anything below $700M would be disappointing, if not a disaster.

Anything above 500m would be a success given some recent superhero numbers. The only way I see 700m is if Guardians and Spiderverse are both great to boost genre.