Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

42 minutes ago, TMP said:

lol remember when that thr report said wb was gonna choose between ezra or the game night guys

They should’ve gone with the latter. A mediocre movie that’s free of controversy would be infinitely preferable to the crap that’s going on here.  

Just now, WittyUsername said:

They should’ve gone with the latter. A mediocre movie that’s free of controversy would be infinitely preferable to the crap that’s going on here.  

Movie’s still gonna be mediocre, yo 😅

Just now it’s mediocre and insanely problematic lol

• Like 1

Speaking of Grant Gustin, I remember back when Ezra Miller was first announced as the Flash back in 2014, and a number of people, including at least one comic book writer (I don’t remember who it was) were saying how stupid it was for WB to announce a different actor as the Flash immediately after the character had a successful TV debut. Back then, I thought those people were just being sourpusses, but damn, if only we knew then what we know now. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

What are the chances that Grant Gustin gets the call up to the big leagues? 

I wouldn't expect it, no.  All indications are that Gustin is ready to be done with this role.  He only agreed to a limited 9th season (when they attempted to have him sign options for 2-3 more), and with all due respect, he worked great on the show, but no, I don't see him as a "big screen" guy, either.  ('Smallville's Tom Welling never really wanted to play Superman "in tights" either, but he did meet with Brett Ratner (another "lovely" guy) during the early 2000s, when the J.J. Abrams-written Superman script was being developed!)

Again...they have 12 months, at the date currently scheduled!  Go outside and get some air, it will fry your brain if you spend the next 12 months here talking about this.  We don't know anything until Warner Bros. says or does what they will do, and of course they're not his parents [legally].  And I'm also sure the studio is considering/processing how to handle all this in lieu of what ultimately played out with Depp (but obviously they're not quite the same situation).  

• Like 2

I think WB will probably wait until they can be located first... if Ezra is just totally MIA right now, what are they gonna do? They will surely be uninsurable for future projects so a recast will be needed anyways, it's just a question of whether to bite the bullet on this movie or throw the dice and have the rest of the cast do the promo. 

People who want Grant Gustin to take over are overlooking the fact that WB won’t want to effectively set up a Flash film that the general public will automatically assume needs 9 seasons of a TV show to be watched as homework before they can understand the film. The Flash TV show may do decently for The CW, but the ratings are minuscule compared to any other network. There’s no way they’d replace Ezra Miller with Grant Gustin, when it inevitably happens for any future films, it’ll be a completely new person with zero baggage.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Speaking of Grant Gustin, I remember back when Ezra Miller was first announced as the Flash back in 2014, and a number of people, including at least one comic book writer (I don’t remember who it was) were saying how stupid it was for WB to announce a different actor as the Flash immediately after the character had a successful TV debut. Back then, I thought those people were just being sourpusses, but damn, if only we knew then what we know now. 

it just astounds me that Ezra was first cast EIGHT years ago for this role. NINE seasons of the Flash tv show has happened in that period with no Flash movie.  They were cast a year before Tom Holland was cast as Spider-man.  Tom has had his whole trilogy released in that period before even one Flash movie came out. 

Obviously Ezra's current behavior wasn't predictable all the way back in 2014 but I feel that just highlight how troubled the production of this film has been. Like this film must be cursed or something. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, ban1o said:

it just astounds me that Ezra was first cast EIGHT years ago for this role. NINE seasons of the Flash tv show has happened in that period with no Flash movie.  They were cast a year before Tom Holland was cast as Spider-man.  Tom has had his whole trilogy released in that period before even one Flash movie came out. 

Obviously Ezra's current behavior wasn't predictable all the way back in 2014 but I feel that just highlight how troubled the production of this film has been. Like this film must be cursed or something. 

damn this makes me feel old now. and their only appearance so far has been JL and ZSJL....... insane. 

16 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

damn this makes me feel old now. and their only appearance so far has been JL and ZSJL....... insane. 

they had 10 second cameos in Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad. 😅 But...yeah lol. 

Edited by ban1o

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

they had 10 second cameos in Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad. 😅 But...yeah lol. 

tom holland not only had a full trilogy but his character literally died and came back to life in that time lol. if that doesn't show the difference in corporate franchise management. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

tom holland not only had a full trilogy but his character literally died and came back to life in that time lol. if that doesn't show the difference in corporate franchise management. 

DC also seems to struggle with casting and PR. They've had issues with multiple actors now. (ranging from small to big). Obviously not all are predictable but it’s interesting. Meanwhile someone like Tom Holland has like human golden retriever reputation without so much as a scandal. And it's absolutely wild that WB has not made a single statement since the issues with Ezra started. 

It’s a shame because Ezra is a good actor and their casting was supposed to be a win for queer representation. At this point, I'm just hoping that everyone comes out of this completely unhurt and any of Ezra's possible victims can get help and that Ezra receives appropriate consequences. 

Edited by ban1o

16 minutes ago, ban1o said:

DC also seems to struggle with casting and PR. They've had issues with multiple actors now. (ranging from small to big). Obviously not all are predictable but it’s interesting. Meanwhile someone like Tom Holland has like human golden retriever reputation without so much as a scandal. And it's absolutely wild that WB has not made a single statement since the issues with Ezra started. 

It’s a shame because Ezra is a good actor and their casting was supposed to be a win for queer representation. At this point, I'm just hoping that everyone comes out of this completely unhurt and any of Ezra's possible victims can get help and that Ezra receives appropriate consequences. 

I think Marvel/Disney manage their stars like classic hollywood studio machines. They're putting a decade worth of investment in someone so they will make damn sure you behave and become a beloved public figure while you work for them. I suppose Jeremy Renner is their most ~problematic~ star but it's not like he has a $200m solo movie franchise to carry. 

It's also telling the Joss Whedon made two Avengers film without threatening or bullying anyone on set but the moment he goes to DC,  he goes off the rails and it's like a PR nightmare. It's very clear Marvel is run as a very tight ship and there's no room for anyone to behave like shit. 

• Like 3

There is the caveat that anything could happen, but most of you need to calm down.  This movie is over 12 months from releasing and other than him acting like a fool in Hawaii, everything else is just rumor at this point.  

An enormous amount of time for this to play out.  It can be as simple as they finally get ahold of him in the next few months, he does the Hollywood rehab stint and apology tour.  

Quite frankly, outside of the Twitter bubble and Ezra fandom, nobody in the general public gives a flying fuck about The Flash.  All of the buzz is about Keaton and Affleck.  You don't need Miller to promote.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

An enormous amount of time for this to play out.  It can be as simple as they finally get ahold of him in the next few months, he does the Hollywood rehab stint and apology tour.  

When was the last time this was done with a pedophile? I don't think it's even remotely possible post-metoo. What can be even done other than Miller denying he hasn't tried to do weird shit with minors. This isn't a Tom Cruise or RDJ situation (which took their images years to recover). And allegations from a child and the parents of another kid aren't rumors.