Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

The opportunist in me thinks that if he uses this as an opportunity to own mistakes, seem mature, and create some good will, it would actually be a win.

Yep.  There is still an opportunity for him and WB to "save" all of this.  Have him show up, clarify what is going on, apologize profusely and then head straight to rehab and then stay off the radar completely for the next 12 months.  Let his co-stars promote the movie and then move on from him.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Yep.  There is still an opportunity for him and WB to "save" all of this.  Have him show up, clarify what is going on, apologize profusely and then head straight to rehab and then stay off the radar completely for the next 12 months.  Let his co-stars promote the movie and then move on from him.  

Agreed. In fact it could even work in their favour, people love a come back story. However, I'm not confident at this stage.

The 'cancel culture' learned nothing from Johnny Depp's case.
2 years ago everyone thought he's a horrible abuser,
backed with a court descision no less, and look 
where he is now.
Calling Ezra Miller 'a pedophile' while basing it on rumours and fragments of information is wrong.
All the keyboard judges should chill and stop pretending they
already know everything that is going on, all of us know nothing. 
Let the court deal with that.

Edited by Ohana

40 minutes ago, Ohana said:

The 'cancel culture' learned nothing from Johnny Depp's case.
2 years ago everyone thought he's a horrible abuser,
backed with a court descision no less, and look 
where he is now.
Calling Ezra Miller 'a pedophile' while basing it on rumours and fragments of information is wrong.
All the keyboard judges should chill and stop pretending they
already know everything that is going on, all of us know nothing. 
Let the court deal with that.

Johnny Depp wasn't a victim of cancel culture. After the domestic violence allegations were made public, he still went on to star in Crimes of Grindelwald, a $200 million movie named after his character. He became unhirable because of his own behavior: he was a nightmare to work on set, was delivering horrible performances, wasn't selling tickets anymore, and Depp himself was responsible for bringing the allegation of abuse against him back to the news, which is what cost him the role in the third Fantastic Beasts film.

The same thing is happening with Ezra Miller: it's not the allegations against them that are costing them their career, it's their handling of the situation. After the first arrest in Hawaii hit the news, Ezra got involved in yet another violent incident, and continued to cause negative headlines by mocking authorities on social media and allegedly going into hiding. They apparently aren't cooperating with WB in solving this crisis and shows no respect to the movie they are hurting. This is what will cancel their career.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Depp basically admitted everything was true with regards to work; he had a terrible substance abuse problem which greatly affected him. Miller is not there - yet. 

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

The opportunist in me thinks that if he uses this as an opportunity to own mistakes, seem mature, and create some good will, it would actually be a win.

what? He is basically on the run and hasn't responded to any of the allegations against him. And the accusations here involve children.  Everything is looking bad for him right now. Don't know why people are treating the situation with kids gloves

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

I mean unless the allegations can be proven to be totally false there's not a lot of ways to spin "Hey hey it's me, the child predator!"

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean unless the allegations can be proven to be totally false there's not a lot of ways to spin "Hey hey it's me, the child predator!"

This!

Having a child predator be the face of your movie is the worse possible thing that could happen. It doesn't really get much worse than that. And, trust me, when the movie gets closer to release, if child predator allegations are still out there, that's all that will be talked about, and it will make WB really bad for releasing the movie in the first place. Some people suggested recasting him for the final scene or kill him off at the end. Honestly, they may need to recast him completely and reshoot his scenes. That's no joke. WB knows they can't have a child predator as the lead of their movie.

• Like 4

Wasn't the plan already to not have them come back as Barry? Wasn't that the point of using Flashpoint, to introduce more versions of the character?

I haven't kept up with the general idea of the film + I don't know comics.

6 hours ago, CloneWars said:

This!

Having a child predator be the face of your movie is the worse possible thing that could happen. It doesn't really get much worse than that. And, trust me, when the movie gets closer to release, if child predator allegations are still out there, that's all that will be talked about, and it will make WB really bad for releasing the movie in the first place. Some people suggested recasting him for the final scene or kill him off at the end. Honestly, they may need to recast him completely and reshoot his scenes. That's no joke. WB knows they can't have a child predator as the lead of their movie.

Do you have any idea how much that would cost? They would basically have to reshoot the whole film.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CloneWars said:

What the FUCK! This is the actual cover of The Flash movie prequel comic. This comic is supposedly coming out soon. 

ztcjetu2j7691.jpg

This is a comic that the director of the movie illustrated, I believe it was canceled now for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

The Flasher

I looked more into this. I guess just a couple of days ago they solicited it to comic stores, so very recently. Then, there is a report from yesterday that the comic is being pulled. Crazy.

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

This is a comic that the director of the movie illustrated, I believe it was canceled now for obvious reasons.

The account on Twitter who posts about the movie and have contacts about it, said that this cover is a variant cover that will not be release, but the comic will.

• Thanks 1