Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Goddamn.

If they shelve The Flash, which is a possibility, they could always go back to Batgirl and rework it so that it's a spin-off of the Burton/Keaton Batman films. It's gonna be big, that would make it bigger.

Also let James Wan do his own thing with Aquaman like what if feels like they did with Patty Jenkins and Wonder Woman 84 (a film that feels like it is completely separated from the DCEU save the first Wonder Woman film and more in line with the Lynda Carter series)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Interesting part is the last few lines of that paragraph.

I hope they just recast and don’t shelve the flash character.

“There is no winning in this for Warner Bros,” one studio source tells us. “This is an inherited problem for Zaslav. The hope is that the scandal will remain at a low level before the movie is released, and hope for the best to turn out.” In Zaslav’s plan to make DC an explosively successful division like Marvel under his newly structured studio, with its own new boss, the non-binary identifying Miller, we hear, is simply not a part of those plans going forward in the future universe regardless if there are more allegations or not.”

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RRA said:

Holy shit that article was awful.  Not because of the Ezra stuff, but that first paragraph where she threw Johnny Depp under the buss and then the continued throwing of Elgort under the bus.  

What a crock of shit.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Interesting part is the last few lines of that paragraph.

I hope they just recast and don’t shelve the flash character.

“There is no winning in this for Warner Bros,” one studio source tells us. “This is an inherited problem for Zaslav. The hope is that the scandal will remain at a low level before the movie is released, and hope for the best to turn out.” In Zaslav’s plan to make DC an explosively successful division like Marvel under his newly structured studio, with its own new boss, the non-binary identifying Miller, we hear, is simply not a part of those plans going forward in the future universe regardless if there are more allegations or not.”

If they want to get rid of Miller, the movie itself likely gives them an option by filming an ending with a different actor, especially when it looks like Affleck will change to Keaton and there's also a Supergirl. So Ezra changing to Actor X isn't a big deal to change.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If they want to get rid of Miller, the movie itself likely gives them an option by filming an ending with a different actor, especially when it looks like Affleck will change to Keaton and there's also a Supergirl. So Ezra changing to Actor X isn't a big deal to change.

Ya, that’s what I’m hoping they do, just add on a scene at the end or whatever. 

I'm happy with the decision. They don't need to kill the character, just recast for the second movie and forward. They can even film one or two additional scenes to already change the actor at the end of the movie.

Edited by belblazer
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Its a flashpoint story, so they could just reshoot the ending with a new actor if the story is similar. I mean they're already doing it with replacing Affleck with Keaton

I think that's exactly what theyr're gonna do. I don't really see any other way out of this mess tbh. Granted, they still have a PR nightmare ahead of them either way.

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Someone should really keep an eye on Ezra, I really wouldn't be surprised if he tried to take his own life.

Problem is, no one even knows where they are. As someone said earlier, it's almost like they don't have the kind of support staff that one would normally expect from someone who's received millions from a major studio.

If Miller does have a PR person, they sure are taking a measured (cough) approach to things so far.

• Like 1