Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

21 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

the first post here was in 2012 jesus christ

THE FLASH has been in development as a feature film at Warner Bros. much longer than even that!  They developed early scripts with David Goyer and others since the early 2000s (and Warners got serious with Goyer post-his work on "Batman Begins").  

Edited by Macleod

To try and move the topic away from Ezra Miller’s insanity for a bit, I think I might have an idea on what they plan to do with Batman moving forward. Before the Discovery merger, the plan was for Michael Keaton to become the new Batman of the DCEU. Well, in lieu of Batgirl getting canned and Affleck being brought in to do a scene for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, I think the plan is for Affleck to continue being the primary Batman of the DCEU.

I’m sure Keaton will still be in this movie, but at this point, I think it’ll be a one-off. 

I think that reshoots are about to happen, just for the ending alone and maybe one thing or two. There is no need to cut Keaton, but I think that Barry will no longer bring him to this Earth (so he would become our Batman) and he will only make an adventure through the multiverse and go back to this one. It's the most simple option.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 2:19 PM, ChipDerby said:

4 years is a standard sequel timeframe. You're brainwashed by Marvel.

I'd say it's 3 years.  Paramount waited 4 years for Abrams to finish Star Trek Into Darkness and it basically ruined that series' momentum -- plus, it simply wasn't very good.  Sony didn't get a Banderas-Zorro sequel out for 7(!) years, and that was the end of that series (but again, the sequel wasn't anywhere near as good as the first).  Although this Aquaman sequel is taking a loooong while, too, it will be 4, possibly even 5 years by the time it makes it to theaters...I do think the wait will affect the performance of that one, too.  I think they should have pushed Aquaman II out in 2-3 years at most.  

On 7/29/2022 at 3:59 PM, dudalb said:

I am curious at to why League of Evil Monster plot that was set up in the  post credit sequence of "SHazam" got changed.

...Because they chose to go another way?  Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

4+ years is fine as long as a) the character is showing up in other things or b) it's not a character driven series. 

What is not character-driven?????????????????????????????????????????????????

No characters, no story!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Macleod said:

What is not character-driven?????????????????????????????????????????????????

No characters, no story!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean I would say Avatar is a series that doesn't rely on the character.. its the visual spectacle and seeing what James Cameron has cooking technologically. 

41 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I mean I would say Avatar is a series that doesn't rely on the character.. its the visual spectacle and seeing what James Cameron has cooking technologically. 

Avatar is very much a character-driven film.

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

WHich is why I am not a big Avatar fan.

17 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

To try and move the topic away from Ezra Miller’s insanity for a bit, I think I might have an idea on what they plan to do with Batman moving forward. Before the Discovery merger, the plan was for Michael Keaton to become the new Batman of the DCEU. Well, in lieu of Batgirl getting canned and Affleck being brought in to do a scene for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, I think the plan is for Affleck to continue being the primary Batman of the DCEU.

I’m sure Keaton will still be in this movie, but at this point, I think it’ll be a one-off. 

Yeah I hope Affleck, Cavill and Ray Fisher return. It sucks about Ezra Miller, though. I wanted the whole Justice League team back. But I can’t support Miller. 

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

God, it's hopeless. The Synder fanboys will never get out of the denial stage.

the way many of them acted over Batgirl is just fascinating. Talk about “irony” not in their dictionary. 

That alleged budget number though…it’ll have to do gangbusters just to break even.

50 minutes ago, RRA said:

That alleged budget number though…it’ll have to do gangbusters just to break even.

how much is the budget? 350m? gangbuster on my definition is at least 900m pretty sure at 300m you don't need 900m to break even

13 hours ago, RRA said:

the way many of them acted over Batgirl is just fascinating. Talk about “irony” not in their dictionary. 

Same thing happened with Superman Returns. The budget was so insanely high because of all the years it took to get off the ground.

12 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

how much is the budget? 350m? gangbuster on my definition is at least 900m pretty sure at 300m you don't need 900m to break even

It's apparently at 300 (over 200m) and that's before any potential and additional production costs + marketing. I cannot see any scenario with The Flash being profitable, even though it's apparently not a bad film and is crowdpleasing. 

With all the stuff that has happened with Miller they’re probably just hoping it’s well received by the GA and can help set the path forward for their plan. I’m sure they 

know it won’t make money but it’s probably better then the other options being floated around like straight to streaming or reshooting the whole movie to replace Miller. Maybe if they’re really lucky they can break even or just lose a bit.