Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

35 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

It’s still beyond me how WB ended up jeopardizing and messing the DCEU over the past 6 years.

Yes, Snyder is a controversial director that made some controversial choices but his 5 movies plan for Supes, Batman and the JL vs Darkseid would’ve been extremely cool to witness.

We got a glimpse of that in ZSJL and even if the 4 hours film is something designed for hardcore fans it still has some peak DC moments in it with good direction, emotional punches and scoring.

Too bad they butchered BvS into a 150 mins mess and then destroyed JL in a desperate retroactive move to copy Marvel.

Now after 5 abysmal flops in a row we are going to see TIM BURTON’s 70 years old Batman fighting Kryptonians within a dead end movie for a brand that’s gonna be rebooted in another two years…

If you need 3 hours to tell a marginally coherent story about Batman and Superman and make an illogical mess in 2.5, you're not the guy for the job. The Bruce/Lois stuff in Snyder's 5-movie plan is perhaps the dumbest arc I've heard for a modern CBM. And I say that as someone who thoroughly enjoyed ZSJL and thinks MoS has an outside shot at a spot in the "Top 10 CBM" conversation.

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

If you need 3 hours to tell a marginally coherent story about Batman and Superman and make an illogical mess in 2.5, you're not the guy for the job.

No doubt about it.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

The Bruce/Lois stuff in Snyder's 5-movie plan is perhaps the dumbest arc I've heard for a modern CBM.

No "perhaps". It is stupefyingly dumb to create Michael Bay's "Pearl Harbor" BS. Bryan Singer did it in Superman Returns too.  Tell it like it is - the guy had no idea what he was doing with the core of these characters. He did direct some awesome action scenes, though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Probably best to leave the Snyder stuff alone before the thread turns to toxic. His fans have plenty of stuff to look forward to at Netflix, there’s no reason to even discuss him and dc anymore. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2

This movie could be 2 hours of Keaton Batmobile cruising around Burton's Gotham at night set to Elfman's theme and I would be there opening night.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This movie could be 2 hours of Keaton Batmobile cruising around Burton's Gotham at night set to Elfman's theme and I would be there opening night.

Unironically that would probably make for a significantly bigger opening weekend.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

If you need 3 hours to tell a marginally coherent story about Batman and Superman and make an illogical mess in 2.5, you're not the guy for the job. The Bruce/Lois stuff in Snyder's 5-movie plan is perhaps the dumbest arc I've heard for a modern CBM. And I say that as someone who thoroughly enjoyed ZSJL and thinks MoS has an outside shot at a spot in the "Top 10 CBM" conversation.

BvS had to build and launch a whole universe so wasn’t just about Batman and Superman and the UE is a perfectly coherent story.

Bruce having feelings for Lois was scrapped even before shooting JL.

Still it’s a fascinating idea that pays homage to Excalibur rooted into one of the most influential fictional tales of all Western culture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

I don't believe the brand is damaged when The Batman can have another reboot and kill it at the box office.  

TBH Batman is it's own thing, he does not need DC to be at a good place to go huge. The same goes for Spider-Man for Marvel, they are just they own brand at this point.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dragoncaine said:

The Bruce/Lois stuff in Snyder's 5-movie plan is perhaps the dumbest arc I've heard for a modern CBM

That's lifted directly from the story of King Arthur and Excalibur (plus the Boorman film which is his fav of all time)...goes to show that those plotlines come across silly and weird when applied to caped crusaders lol.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

Not all the braggery in the world of WB can change the fact this is a movie set in a dead universe and with all the baggage it has of the DCEU. I think more important than the cold numbers is the audience reception and the goodwill it generates for the future DC universe. 

I broadly agree but even then — with this universe being rebooted anyway I don’t think it makes a big difference for the new one whether this is received glowingly or just eh. Likewise beetle and aqm2 — obviously to a degree like, you want to have better movies than worse ones, but the stakes for future content are very very low.

• Like 3

Just now, Into the Legion-Verse said:

I broadly agree but even then — with this universe being rebooted anyway I don’t think it makes a big difference for the new one whether this is received glowingly or just eh. Likewise beetle and aqm2 — obviously to a degree like, you want to have better movies than worse ones, but the stakes for future content are very very low.

I think Gunn's Superman is infinitely more important for the future of DC, but having some wins in a row is very important to at least take back some of the bad rap DC has outside of Batman universe. It could be good for Superman to have already a better goodwill to work on when it releases.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Biggest deals with Flash, Blue Beetle, and Aquaman is if Ezra'll be kept as Flash, if Blue Beetle and his supporting cast'll be integrated, and if Momoa and the rest of the Aquaman cast'd be kept honestly.

12 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Biggest deals with Flash, Blue Beetle, and Aquaman is if Ezra'll be kept as Flash, if Blue Beetle and his supporting cast'll be integrated, and if Momoa and the rest of the Aquaman cast'd be kept honestly.

Right if the films are actually carried forward into the new universe (which I doubt) then it would suddenly matter a lot more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flamengo81 said:

TBH Batman is it's own thing, he does not need DC to be at a good place to go huge. The same goes for Spider-Man for Marvel, they are just they own brand at this point.

I mean, I know people don't want go hear this, but THE BATMAN performed at the BOTTOM of its potential. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I mean, I know people don't want go hear this, but THE BATMAN performed at the BOTTOM of its potential. 

And also I don't see any young fans raving about Robert Pattison,
It feels like The Batman appealed more to olden audiences.
Personally I found it the most boring Batman movie to date, but maybe it's because I love elements of sci-fi / supernatural 
in comic book movies. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ohana said:

And also I don't see any young fans raving about Robert Pattison,
It feels like The Batman appealed more to olden audiences.
Personally I found it the most boring Batman movie to date, but maybe it's because I love elements of sci-fi / supernatural 
in comic book movies. 

Well there's a reason anecdotal data is rarely ever relevant. 

• Like 2