Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

8 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

The Flash and The Marvels are only a week apart from each other. I also feel like one of either Indy 5 or Black Adam has to move to the first weekend of August, because it just seems like a strange move for both films to come out the same day.

There don’t seem to be very many other places to move the Flash movie to. I guess they could try September, but that would give them less time for post-production. 

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

the week before thanksgiving is a kiss-of-death release date for huge films. 

??? Really? There's a huge successful history of tentpoles opening the week before Thanksgiving.

November 16, 2001 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

November 15, 2002 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

November 18, 2005 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

November 21, 2008 Twilight

November 20, 2009 The Twilight Saga: New Moon

November 19, 2010 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

November 18, 2011 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

November 16, 2012 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

November 22, 2013 The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

November 21, 2014 The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

November 20, 2015 The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

November 18, 2016 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

November 17, 2017 Justice League

November 22, 2019 Frozen II

^ No opening weekend listed under Twilight's $67 million. 9 $100 million + weekends. Seems like a date that has actually worked pretty well. Maybe I'm misunderstanding....

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

$70-90M opening for this, and about $180-240M domestic run. 

WW numbers will be like AM&TW. 

Dunno with the presence of Keaton's Batman plus the story seemingly being massive with multiple heroes AM&TW numbers would be a bit disappointing no?

Then again the release date with The Marvels is not helping itself (what's up with WB and these weird release dates for their DCEU films)

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Dunno with the presence of Keaton's Batman plus the story seemingly being massive with multiple heroes AM&TW numbers would be a bit disappointing no?

Then again the release date with The Marvels is not helping itself (what's up with WB and these weird release dates for their DCEU films)

I'll admit I could be misreading this, but I don't see this being very big at all. I don't think Keaton being in it will help turn it into some kind of monster. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

In the case of this movie, it was scheduled for November before The Marvels

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I'll admit I could be misreading this, but I don't see this being very big at all. I don't think Keaton being in it will help turn it into some kind of monster. 

I don't think you're misreading the current levels of hype (seriously all the talk has been Keaton and nothing else) but maybe that's not what WB's intent is for this film since it supposedly will have a large impact on the overall DCEU 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

9 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Supposedly there's other DC heroes in the movie as well outside of Keaton, Batfleck & Supergirl. If they tease/show them in future promos then I think it'll be pretty big

3 hours ago, Val357 said:

??? Really? There's a huge successful history of tentpoles opening the week before Thanksgiving.

November 16, 2001 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

November 15, 2002 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

November 18, 2005 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

November 21, 2008 Twilight

November 20, 2009 The Twilight Saga: New Moon

November 19, 2010 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

November 18, 2011 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

November 16, 2012 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

November 22, 2013 The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

November 21, 2014 The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

November 20, 2015 The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

November 18, 2016 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

November 17, 2017 Justice League

November 22, 2019 Frozen II

^ No opening weekend listed under Twilight's $67 million. 9 $100 million + weekends. Seems like a date that has actually worked pretty well. Maybe I'm misunderstanding....

All of those opened at the lower end of expectations. WOM and reviews hadn't kicked in yet. 

18 minutes ago, excel1 said:

All of those opened at the lower end of expectations. WOM and reviews hadn't kicked in yet. 

Really? Huh. Can't say I followed any of those close enough to know what their potential was compared to what they actually made at the box office. So even the Twilight and Hunger Games movies could have done more on a different date??

7 minutes ago, Val357 said:

Really? Huh. Can't say I followed any of those close enough to know what their potential was compared to what they actually made at the box office. So even the Twilight and Hunger Games movies could have done more on a different date??

Twilight was earlier, but HG and JL, FB etc - yes.