Boxofficerules

Weekend Thread: Asgard Saturday #s - New Mutants 2.48, Unhinged 1.2, Bill and Ted 415K | RIP Chadwick Boseman

6 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

seems like Tenet will flop in the US on ow, legs will be important 

Why? Presale was bad?

44 minutes ago, RthCorona said:

Sat Looking like 

TNM 2.480m, Unhinged 1.2m, B&T 415k 

May I know your source?

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

32 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Fantastic number for Unhinged, it locks $30m+, which would be the best possible scenario for a movie like this. 

Around 30% drop for the weekend would be fantastic and bodes well in terms of legs for Tenet (which will have better WoM than Unhinged).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Borobudur said:

I don't get this, do you mean that he run Box office Mojo?

@RthCorona is an "insider", he has the number way before any media, and sometime he will drop by and give us the pleasure.

in fact we have few here, charlie and etc. 

Simply put, they run box office.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I don't get this, do you mean that he run Box office Mojo?

Dude has sources to what movies made in theaters each day, and we have the privilege that he is cool with sharing it, so long as we don't use his username publicly. That's why we call him "Asgard" in the thread title.

• Like 5

Unhinged added a couple of hundred theaters this weekend which likely softened the drop a bit as theaters continue to reopen. We'll see how everything holds up next weekend as theaters continue to open but with Tenet taking up most of the screens to meet demand.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

May I know your source?

You can recognize the insiders at their user name color, violet in this case, and he is deep into the job (means the whole year, since a ling time)

Charlie too has insight, but not every year the whole year, depends on e.g. if he is in some finals of the year phase, and other details. He is not fully working in that field, but does at times and still has sources, but see the virus, not everywhere all in the field are actually working or not working full time, so the sources will be re-open for him.... I think he said something about in (early?) winter?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Around 30% drop for the weekend would be fantastic and bodes well in terms of legs for Tenet (which will have better WoM than Unhinged).

I loved Unhinged! Tenet doesn’t have great word of mouth here.

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

That’s... awful OS numbers is it not?

France was only major, UK was previews (4 showings on tiny rooms, because of Tenet). 

• Like 2

New Mutants will probably struggle to $20M total even if theaters keep it around for another month due to so few new releases opening between Tenet and Wonder Woman. Pitiful, but this was its fate after all it had been through.

Still hard to get a good idea of what moviegoing in the pandemic era looks like when so many theaters are still closed and the new movies out are ones that wouldn't have done much business in any circumstance. Nolan is sure to provide excitement over the long weekend coming up though.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

New Mutants will probably struggle to $20M total even if theaters keep it around for another month due to so few new releases opening between Tenet and Wonder Woman. Pitiful, but this was its fate after all it had been through.

Still hard to get a good idea of what moviegoing in the pandemic era looks like when so many theaters are still closed and the new movies out are ones that wouldn't have done much business in any circumstance. Nolan is sure to provide excitement over the long weekend coming up though.

the real reopening of movie theaters starts with tenet