cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

1 minute ago, Ryan C said:

I actually do think Deadpool and Wolverine will mean something for the long term future of the MCU. In the sense that not only it will hopefully give us an idea on where this universe might be going for the forseeable future, but also just get some of that goodwill that was lost ever since Quantumania. I'm saying that a lot of people are gonna be seeing this movie and unlike Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, D&W will probably have more involvement with the main MCU narrative. 

Maybe this won't happen, but I'm gonna hold out hope that Marvel (starting with Deadpool and Wolverine) will slowly work their way to gain the trust of general audiences again. Even if the discourse surrounding the film will probably we insufferable as we get closer to the release date, I think Captain America: Brave New World has a chance to be genuinely good. 

Yep I guess I just meant more that assuming DP and W is good that everything is fixed at that point. Guardians 3 was in between Quantamania and The Marvels.  I think Brave New World has a chance to be good but it will have nothing to do with DP and W's quality.  Guardians 3 was mostly James Gunn doing his thing and I think even though DP and W will tie into the future of the MCU it will be Reynolds and CO doing their thing if that makes sense.

Wow, so many comments and zero mentions of Eternals reference in the teaser. I didn't catch it either, I just read about it and then remembered scoopers' info from before

Edited by cinema pal

11 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yep I guess I just meant more that assuming DP and W is good that everything is fixed at that point. Guardians 3 was in between Quantamania and The Marvels.  I think Brave New World has a chance to be good but it will have nothing to do with DP and W's quality.  Guardians 3 was mostly James Gunn doing his thing and I think even though DP and W will tie into the future of the MCU it will be Reynolds and CO doing their thing if that makes sense.

Oh definitely, I just think that a lot of people who are about to jump the MCU ship might stay for a little while longer because of Deadpool and Wolverine. Everything from what I've heard is just pointing to that film being a massive crowdpleaser/hit and if it opens as high as we all hope it will, I just can't see that doing absolutely nothing for the future of the MCU. 

I agree that Deadpool and Wolverine won't save the MCU, but I do think it will be the start of something. A start of a slow comeback. I genuinely do believe that because the MCU has managed to surprise us on multiple occasions and though this is probably gonna be the toughest thing that Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios ever have to do, I would feel stupid to doubt them now. 

• Like 1

finally watched the trailer. Doesn't look bad to be honest.  Like that there is a lot of Ford. Though I still think it is strange that Sam Wilson is Captain America but doesn't have the super soldier formula. Also, I still think the ceiling is 500M.

Edited by John Marston

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

that Sam Wilson is Captain America but doesn't have the super soldier formula. 

That´s the essence of his character as Cap. Him getting the formula would be the worst decision they can make.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

finally watched the trailer. Doesn't look bad to be honest.  Like that there is a lot of Ford. Though I still think it is strange that Sam Wilson is Captain America but doesn't have the super soldier formula. Also, I still think the ceiling is 500M.

Batman who is human regularly fights super-powered beings like Mr Freeze, Clay face, Poison Ivy, Bane and occasionally gets into dumb fanboy fights with Superman yet somehow is not immediately crushed.

Sam has just as much going for him with his wings, tech and shield.

Also Red Hulk looks to be Sam's dumb fanboy fight in this movie.

35 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Batman who is human regularly fights super-powered beings like Mr Freeze, Clay face, Poison Ivy, Bane and occasionally gets into dumb fanboy fights with Superman yet somehow is not immediately crushed.

Sam has just as much going for him with his wings, tech and shield.

Also Red Hulk looks to be Sam's dumb fanboy fight in this movie.

But Batman has "PREP TIME" 

Trailer is solid and dig the tone but secret invasion happened  and  that had fantastic trailers and even without the excessive quips and cringe humour that has plagued phase 4 and 5 it somehow devolved into the dumbest plotlines the MCU has made.

My current expectations is something close to FATWS but without cringe finale parts . So mid - solid reception B+/A-

80m+  4 day

150-175M+ 

400-500M

Edited by Liiviig 1998

1 hour ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

These folks are Too Damn Online™:

That crowd is going to be insufferable all the way to release. And unlike with Inside Out 2, they actually have a decent ground to stand on since there is an actual IDF connection. That'll all be on Marvel for not using the recent reshoots to just cut her out and replace her with literally anyone else. They will have had over a year since 10/7 to make changes. I just hope they have enough protections in place for Mackie to not get caught in the crossfire.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

19 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Trailer is solid and dig the tone but secret invasion happened  and  that had fantastic trailers and even without the excessive quips and cringe humour that has plagued phase 4 and 5 it somehow devolved into the dumbest plotlines the MCU has made.

My current expectations is something close to FATWS but without cringe finale parts . So mid - solid reception B+/A-

80m+ 5 day

150-175M+ 

400-500M

5-day? You mean 4-day?

I think the trailer looks aggressively fine and largely competent, but BO wise I think this has a similar problem to the Marvels in which absolutely nothing here is a real draw to anyone outside the most hardcore Marvel fans, and the movie isn’t doing anything else to draw other audiences in

Like sorry but who seriously cares that much about Sam Wilson, Thaddeus Ross, Red Hulk, or whoever the hell Giancarlo Esposito is playing, plus the trailer feels super Marvel-y in a way where if you’re not a fan of Marvel I can’t see why you’d ever watch this 

Honestly I think this is gonna bomb spectacularly, probably the biggest nominal loser of all time and Marvels numbers or worse 

$40-50M OW / $85-110M DOM / $165-200M WW

• Like 1

24 hours 

Youtube - 12 M, 401k likes 

Instagram - 17 M, 1.1M likes 

Tik Tok - 7.5 M, 316 K likes 

Facebook - 35M

Yeah the buzz in Youtube seems to be closer to The Marvels which is...not good. MCU trailers usually have a very high amount of likes because of the diehards fans. So this can't be compared to movies from other franchises. 

Edited by Mickiland16
  • Like 2