Eric S'ennui

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

5 minutes ago, Potomac2001 said:

He could have put out a statement to one of the trades. It's not a huge thing but I do think the optics are poor especially after his words were somewhat misconstrued about this movie.

he gotta go full YouTuber apology video imo. fake crying and all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Potomac2001 said:

He could have put out a statement to one of the trades. It's not a huge thing but I do think the optics are poor especially after his words were somewhat misconstrued about this movie.

I think if he does comment on the success will likely do it during the next earnings call or make a statement when the announce that Eternals is also going 45 days. 

The whole experiment statement thing was well overblown with even Feige coming out and saying it was a misunderstanding  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/shang-chi-marvel-simu-liu-kevin-feige-1234997051/

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

He’s at it again

Can we ban him as a source, any time anyone correctly points out the this film was released during COVID he dismisses it as a factor, Shang-Chi would have opened even higher if Delta was less pronounced.

Now if Shang-Chi has awful legs maybe he has a point, but judging by the weekend IM that seems unlikely. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Blankments said:

He’s at it again

Still noobing. Real bottom 5 MCU OWs:

Doctor Strange 64th

Ant-Man and the Wasp 94th

Black Widow 96th

Shang-Chi 107th 

Ant-man 128th

Edited by Legion of the Ten Crores
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 hours ago, bladels said:

Yeah

Disney claimed Raya is the first South East Asians Princess. WTF is that even mean? I'm Vietnamese and in no universe we act like Raya.

It was supposed to be mix of all SEA cultures.

And the representation part was BS. When Hollywood say representing, they are basically telling a American story and American character in foreign faces and setting.

5 hours ago, bladels said:

Local movies are growing the fastest tho. Few years ago, top grossing movies in Vietnam are all Hollywood's. Now only Avengers and Fast & Furious movies can compete with local movies

I don't think Hollywood will anytime come near Bo Gia. Vietnam local though, may be something beat it.

• Like 1

Reason ERC is so worked up this weekend is probably because SC proved their tracking and forecast wrong, which were gloomy. Not the ones of Twitter but given to paid subs.

Now he is trying to prove that Shang Chi opened well just due to MCU and market is still dead. He probably pushing the narrative that Disney+ PA won't take away from theatrical but SC is leaving that PA money off the table.

Now this is just for this weekend because at time of BW or previous movies, he was sorta pro theaters and doubted streaming money.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think Hollywood will anytime come near Bo Gia. Vietnam local though, may be something beat it.

Something will beat it soon if COVID ever being under control. Vietnamese movie industry was growing extremely fast before Covid.